Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoE Clone Wars game confirmed

TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

No details yet, but anyone with Station Launcher can verify this:

Comments

• GoparuGoparu Member UncommonPosts: 18

It's SOE so I wont play it.

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

Huh, how about that.

Nice find.

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Wait... so they say that station access includes this "Clone Wars" game but it hasn't even been officially announced yet? I smell scam. Being an ass here, I know, but it is written there you get subscription access to a game no one knew about. 

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Yay! this time they are going to make a theme park mmorpg and then change it to a sandbox one 2 years later.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905
    Originally posted by EricDanie

Wait... so they say that station access includes this "Clone Wars" game but it hasn't even been officially announced yet? I smell scam. Being an ass here, I know, but it is written there you get subscription access to a game no one knew about. 

Its been talked about. It's built on the free realms engine

www.massively.com/2009/09/04/rumor-soe-to-launch-casual-browser-mmo-for-clone-wars/

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Goparu

QFEx1Jabillion

SoE hasn't produced one game worth a damn, that includes Everquest I.  Yeah I said it, game was bad then and it is bad now.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

I will keep an eye out for this one. Nice find, thanks.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

I'll check when at home but I was under the assumption this was going to be a browser game with no sub, just a mall. So may have to go with Eric here.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• onetruthonetruth Member Posts: 100

I'm glad SOE is doing this to be honest.  I can't stand the Clone Wars/prequel timeline, and I'm sick of the way it's completely taken over SW merchandising and the EU over the last ten years.  SOE can have it, and leave Bioware and hopefully other talented companies to the Original Trilogy and Old Republic portions of the timeline.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238
    Originally posted by Torak

www.massively.com/2009/09/04/rumor-soe-to-launch-casual-browser-mmo-for-clone-wars/

You've linked me a rumor, not an announcement.

And the scam claim still applies, you are paying for a subscription of a non-released game, why list it instead of creating an "upcoming games" list that you will have access at release, or even a "guaranteed beta access"?

What's up with SOE's communication to customers?

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

I gotta wonder...

Why now? Why is this being shown NOW of all times? They're in the middle of a free 30-days for vets, yet they announce a free browser based SW game during that? Wouldn't this kill any return subscribers to SWG? I'd rather wait and play Clone Wars for free when it's released tbh.

• MacLinuxMacLinux Member Posts: 93

I have it too with my SOE if i take (i won't ...) the station access  It's not a rumor.  and also The Agency.

Clone Wars

EverQuest

EverQuest - Macintosh Edition

EverQuest II

EverQuest Online Adventures

Free Realms

Pirates of the Burning Sea

PlanetSide™

Star Wars Galaxies™

The Agency

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes™

"guaranteed beta access"

That would be my guess as to "why" now.

• drgrandrgran Member UncommonPosts: 192

i just Checked and it is on the Station Access list . I did thought it was free but it says Free Realm too . So they are just putting it in before releasing it so they dont have too later

ASUS G74sx
    i7 quad core
    16gb ddr3 ram
    3gb ram Nvidia 560M
    240GB SSD & 750GB

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

You've linked me a rumor, not an announcement.

And the scam claim still applies, you are paying for a subscription of a non-released game, why list it instead of creating an "upcoming games" list that you will have access at release, or even a "guaranteed beta access"?

What's up with SOE's communication to customers?

Dunno, don't care

All I can say is this isn't new.

• MacLinuxMacLinux Member Posts: 93

OMG.

Soe 'd better save vanguard .... oh my god.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by sinjin

Originally posted by Goparu

QFEx1Jabillion

SoE hasn't produced one game worth a damn, that includes Everquest I.  Yeah I said it, game was bad then and it is bad now.

Well since EVERY game on the market other than FFXI has copied EQ,what game would you say has been created that is any good?

None of these other games surpass EQ2 for graphics or content,other than of course FFXI witch has the most content outside the normal of any game on the market.So to claim there is another game that is better ,when they all copy and have a lesser system,then it would just be SOE hate for no reason other than to hate.

Well there is one game i have yet to play and that is LOTR,but i know Turbine well,and they are not a great developer,so i highly doubt LOTR is that one game you can claim is better than anything SOE has made,however i could be wrong,like i said i never tried LOTR.Oh yes i have yet to play DF,but i have seen a ton of video game play and other DF related content,to know it is more laughable than good.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by Wizardry

None of these other games surpass EQ2 for graphics or content,other than of course FFXI witch has the most content outside the normal of any game on the market.

hmmm well, EQ 2 does seem to have a lot of content but the first part is highly subjective.

Part of the reason I don't play EQ 2 is that I think the art design is horrid. The graphics themselves are "ok". Some nice sun effects. But nothing I would write home about.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Esquire1980Esquire1980 Member UncommonPosts: 568

Told u, Tux.  "Clone Wars" is the consolation prise for losing SWG at the release of TOR.  No more of that stuff of LA "forgiving" licencing fees for the IP, anylonger, SOE.  Pay up, Smed.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Originally posted by Esquire1980
    Told u, Tux.  "Clone Wars" is the consolation prise for losing SWG at the release of TOR.  No more of that stuff of LA "forgiving" licensing fees for the IP, anylonger, SOE.  Pay up, Smed.

As I foretold in My Halloween Rodo Report ( ) as a rumor has come true.

Since it is Clone Wars, which we all know is on Cartoon Network ( Well I know because I have a 10 year old son... I find the girl jedi apprentice highly annoying) I am sure that SOE will Market directly to that segment during that show..Heck, I would too if I were them but knowing what I know will only make me more annoyed with them then I am with "Snips".

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

I checked earlier, and it was there. Checked again just now, and it's gone.

Plus the thread on the O-board about it just got locked.

Cat out of the bag SOE. WTG.

Originally posted by Bob_Blawblaw

I checked earlier, and it was there. Checked again just now, and it's gone.
    Plus the thread on the O-board about it just got locked.
    Cat out of the bag SOE. WTG.

Multiple screenshots were taken, so no denying it for SoE.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/268887/SOE-Station-Access-lists-CLONE-WARS-New-MMO-rumor-fuel.html

• SuvrocSuvroc Member Posts: 2,383

Gotta wonder if the industry can support 3 Star Wars MMO's.

Originally posted by Suvroc

Gotta wonder if the industry can support 3 Star Wars MMO's.

Ha! Not a chance.

Smed has inferred enough about sunsetting Galaxies. We just all assumed he meant with ToR...

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

This would explain why soe pulled silius from vanguard for a few months and delayed expansions, etc.  They must have needed to get people working on this if it is true.

Not that I am surprised soe is hacking and rushing yet another game to market.  I predict more of the same.