Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do YOU like about TSO?

MaxoidMaxoid Member Posts: 20

Here is a nice thread to point out some of the reasons why us simmers play TSO, n what makes it fun!

Personally, I find the community to be one of the best I've been in! I have so many friends; i would carry them past the end of TSO (nobody knows how long that is from now, but the end is inevitable for all MMORPGS).

The uniqueness of this game makes it very appealing, the ability to express yourself in almost anyway you can imagine is amazing!

The human set goals are also a fun thing. There are no stupid programmed levels. Everyone cant achieve their own thing!

So, why do you like TSO?

Comments

• KatheryneKatheryne Member Posts: 130

What do I like about TSO?  Too many reasons to mention; but I'll Highlight my top reason:  My friends.

I have met a LOT of people in TSO and I have a great time with them all!  Many people have called TSO a glorified chatroom, but the truth is, there are so many things I can do within TSO that is simply impossible to do in any chat room that make being with my friends so much fun!

Simply put:  TSO is the most fun I've had with my undies on! image

• JackieeJackiee Member Posts: 8

I could really go on and on about TSO and whats kept me in game for the past 2 years, but to put it simply it's the scores of creative and interesting people that I meet within the game.  I never lack having anything to do and keep me occupied, and usually it will have nothing to do with skilling or making money, which seems to be the general thought of what goes on within game.

Having TSO is like going to hang out with friends everyday, without the hassle of doing my hair and make-up.   I can always find a party, a contest or a game going on.

Goals in this game are less limited than most know  You could be a bad guy, or a good guy simply put.  You could be a master crafter, house designer, party organizer, business minded (where you strive to be #1), most liked #1 on friendliest, or most hated #1 on meanest.  You could be a rare collecter. seeking out all the rare objects the game has to offer (try getting them at good prices is a higher goal) or a rare seller... selling what you've collected to the many many people who want them.

A teacher, a matchmaker, an advice giver, a money trader... or a player on a simball (baseball)!

In my eyes, the game is only as limited as it's players are.  And I'm lucky enough to have met some very very creative players!image

• Louie916Louie916 Member Posts: 6

What do I like about TSO? Well, I have been in game for over 2 years now. I have never once thought about quitting so obviously i love tso! To write everything I like about TSO would take me all day to write. I'll just sum up the first things that pop into my mind.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

All of the friends I have made and the good times I have had will never be forgotten. Even when I had a hard time in RL, it was my dear friends in TSO that I turned to and they were always there. I feel blessed to have met them.

The people I met in game have been some of the most thoughtful, kindest, and most imaginative people I have met in my life. Like the fashion show at SimTV that I was just in, it was a blast!! Things like that have me looking forward to running home and hopping online as soon as I can, hehe

I love how no matter what kind of mood I'm in when I log into the game, I will soon have a smile on my face and be literally LOLing 

I always have goals for myself. Recently I just crafted the objects I've been wanting, or like this weekend (Free Green) to make $$$ in pizza! I've been having a blast. Making goals are so much fun, it feels so good once you achieve it, and coming up with new idea is never hard as there is always something new to come up with.

I play in JP and DC so I haven't gotten to play simball, but I would love to visit you guys sometime and check it out! Sounds like fun!  image

Added to ask: Can we PM each other on here?My Sim name is MaiTai so message me sometime

• Babe-Babe- Member Posts: 30

what Jackiee said :D Simball rules!

Simball in CC - Simball in AV
    Do you have what it takes?

Originally posted by Louie916

Added to ask: Can we PM each other on here?My Sim name is MaiTai so message me sometime <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Yes you can, but Good Lord they don't make it easy!  Unless there's another way to do it that I haven't found yet, you have to click on that inbox icon at the top right corner of your screen, press the "compose" button, then hope to God you remember the username of whoever you wanted to PM. image

• ImperatorianImperatorian Member Posts: 1,000

Wow, I think I've never seen so many females all together in one thread.

No wonder some guys like TSO.

Originally posted by Imperatorian

You think we're crazy here...  You should check us out in-game!  *giggles*

image lol and this is nothing!

• TowelieTSOTowelieTSO Member Posts: 4
    Thats why I continue to play...most people call me the Ladies Man, lol (or a towel, grr)
  • EmmaLouiseEmmaLouise Member Posts: 14

I've yet to meet you in game towlie so I couldn't commet on you being a 'ladys man' lol ::::40::

• TravieTravie Member Posts: 2

I AM the definition of a lady's man! ::::28::

Oh, and, TSO Rocks!

Originally posted by TowelieTSO
    Thats why I continue to play...most people call me the Ladies Man, lol (or a towel, grr)

Would any of those people happen to be ladies? *giggles*

(Sorry, hon - I couldn't help it image )

• KitKittyKitKitty Member Posts: 15

You.. seriously.. have.. no.. idea...

I'm at a lot with 17 people. ALL of them are females. Generally, it's 3 females per one or two guys...

Kit & Azrael in BF!!

Originally posted by KitKitty
    I'm at a lot with 17 people. ALL of them are females. Generally, it's 3 females per one or two guys...

Actually 3 females to 1 or 2 guys are some really awesome stats.  I would say it's closer to the 1-2 males for every 10 females.  That's probably more accurate anyways given that I know several females who play males! image

• BavorBavor Member Posts: 7

What did I enjoy about the Sims Online...

*delves deep into dark area of mind*

Well, everyone was mean(except for about 3 people), so that isn't a reason...

It was impossible to make money w/o scamming or having someone give it to ye, not a good thing...

Skilling= ::::07::, So that doesn't count...

90% of the people didn't know how to type, and the rest talked about stuff that was immature, not good...

95% of people acted like they were 11 year olds, not good.

Well, I guess the case made a good place for me to put my sugary drinks that helped me play FFXI for 20 hours!

So, there was one good thing!

(Just to let ye know, I played TSO for over a year, so I'm not one of those guys who didn't try it.)

I'm sorry to hear that your experience with TSO wasn't positive.  The game is an extremely high-dynamic environment, so unfortunately these things can and do happen.  I do hope that you will find it in yourself to give it another try - perhaps in a different city (Dan's Grove is full of very friendly, nutty sims teetering on the edge of insanity - just an example).  If not -- well, at least you gave it an honest try.

• tapatapa Member Posts: 2

It's a place you go........ so...not a 'game'. You don't win or lose. That is what is different. Perhaps the biggest diffence and perhaps why a lot of 'gamers' don't get it. It's a place to be...and you make it what you want it to be. For some....it's a very nice escape from everyday; I know that there is research being done, looking into the benefits of TSO...for patients who are immobile.....and cannot get out and 'party'. That is just one application. No, we don't have the numbers...but...we have the heart.

Yikes......*jumps off soapbox*.............::::39::