Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worse game ever made IMO.

2»

Comments

• Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

Okay, first of all to all the people saying that "The Sims Online" is not a mmorpg...

Massively Multiplayer? Hmm Does tens of thousands of players count?

Online? It is online, and can only be played with a internet connection.

Role Playing Game? As much as this may strike some of the posters here, the fact is that "The Sims Online" probably has a helluva lot more actual role-playing then most of the fantasy mmorpgs out there such as EQ, SWG, DAoC etc etc..

So it qualifies as a mmorpg for certain. Maybe not a good one or fun to a lot of mmorpg gamers, but is is most certainly a mmorpg.

Now, with comments like "I played it for 15 minutes and threw it away" and "this game is the worst game ever" I can certainly see how you didn't enjoy "The Sims Online". The Sims Online takes creativity and a sense of adventure that must be seeked out more then most fantasy mmorpg's

Can it be fun? Yes. Can it be addicting? Yes. The game has been around already for a long time and still does very well. And it will continue to do well. In fact, I would bet that The Sims Online 2 will be in the works in the future. It is a huge graphical chat room in so many regards. Chat rooms are here to stay. And with that, so is a game like TSO.

How do you make it fun? Well, by creating a challenge. For me, the challenge was to create a lot and set it up as a skills house and try to move it up the charts in popularity so that it was #1 in the city I was playing. That meant management, meeting and getting good roommates to keep it open, and always have lots of players at my house cuz it was cool and happening. The reward was meeting a lot of cool people in the game, making some friends, laughing a lot, etc etc. It is definately a social game (much as spending hours in a yahoo or AOL chat room is also social)

Am I saying that the game is great. Naw. It is what it is. It's just a lot better chat room then most. You getta do stuff you can't do in chat rooms. Can it be a lot of fun? Hell yes it can. But it does require more of an open mind then thinking all mmorpgs require rats to kill or cool swords to buy. I also prefer the fantasy type mmorpg like Asherons Call and Dark Age of Camelot, but for me, TSO was a nice break from the leveling grind of that standard mmorpg and allowed me to use my creativity and personality to see how many cool people and how much "raw fun" I could have with pretty much of an open canvas type of game.

The biggest draw to The Sims Online is certainly the players. They are what keep you coming back. The friends you meet and make. But the players are also the biggest problem. The drama can get very old very fast. Sometimes it is simply entertaining in a "Jerry Springer" kinda way, but other times, it just gets annoying and old to watch.

It is not the worst game ever made by any stretch of the imagination. In fact it is very successful and will be here long after about 80% of the current mmorpgs bite the dust in my opinion. Right or Wrong, I do think it is here to stay. And for all of you that say TSO is the worst game ever made, well heh, then you've obviously never played games with titles like "Extreme Paintbrawl" or "Whacky Golf Deluxe" ::::39::

Hey, someone has to stand up for the game! But let me give all you "male" players one very good reason why "The Sims Online" is better then all those EQ, SWG and WoW type games...

Top reason to play TSO over all the "better mmorpg's": TSO is about a 10 females playing to 1 guy playing ratio. EQ and DAoC etc is about 10 guys to 1 female ratio. ::::39:: Hehe. For me that certainly beats a M4M chat room lol. and sometimes it even beats being deep in a dungeon of great graphics with 4 other warriors and wizzards controlled by 4 real-life no shower taking, zit faced, doods. ;)

- Zaxx

• KatheryneKatheryne Member Posts: 130

Is TSO the worst game ever?  Well, I suppose that depends on what your goals and interests are.  If all you're interested in is killing things and using cheat codes, then this game is definitely not for you, and you shouldn't even waste your (or our) time even trying.

I've been playing TSO since it went live in December 2002, and truly believe the game was worth every dollar I've spent on subscription fees.  Unlike most other MMO's that practically require you to buy expansion packs if you want to keep up with your friends, all updates and expansions for TSO are free.  In fact, the game itself is free!

Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying TSO is the greatest thing ever.  It has a lot of room for improvement.  However, the developers realize this and are constantly adding new things to the game to change things up a bit.  The latest project right now is adding the ability to have sim "families", and giving your sims free will, thus making the game a little more like its offline sibling.

The best thing I like about TSO is the opportunity it gives me and all its players to truly role-play.  Most other games I've seen or played had very limited mechanisms for role-play - if indeed it had any at all (beyond the simplest emotes).  You can play your sim either as an extension of yourself, or as someone completely made up in your own mind.

I strongly suspect many of the people who have nothing but negative things to say about TSO have either never played it, or had completely unrealistic expectations of the game.  TSO is not a PK or PvP type game; nor is it a simoleon free-for-all.  What it is, however, is a completely open-ended game where you can set your own goals.  There is no "right or wrong" way to play the game, as long as you abide by the game's Terms of Service.

Katheryne

• MaxoidMaxoid Member Posts: 20

Quite the contrary, TSO is a great way to meet new people! Dont be shy, unlike most games, TSO has a fairly low subscription and is well worth every penny.

If you're going to get bored in just 15 minutes, I dont see why you even play MMORPGs, they all take more than 15 minutes to get accustomed to.

• JoeyPieroTSOJoeyPieroTSO Member Posts: 4
    I have been playing TSO for 2 years now, It is a very fun and addicting game, I don't know what I would do with out it, this is the only game I have played for a really I have played alot an i hope it lasts for a long time

Damn, Kit!  Don't hold anything back -- tell 'em how you really feel!

*hugs*

• MaxoidMaxoid Member Posts: 20

*evil laugh*

Oh, only when we all get enough posts so that we can rank this game !

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

Originally posted by KitKitty
    This is a reply to all of you who dissed my game. Read and weep.
    The Sims Online (TSO) is a great game. The ratio of women to men is about 6 to 1. For all the idiots out there, that means there are 6 girls for every guy. That attracts a lot of people, and, in my opinion, makes it a better game!
    Those who are bored by it-- well, fuck you, we're GLAD you're gone.
    The idiots who played it for 15 minutes or so-- HELLO? IDIOTS!!!! You cant play ANY game for 15 minutes and like it. Well, maybe there's some magical game with luff and fairies in it that you can, but I haven't run into one of those yet.
    For the person who said they played it for an hour and threw it away.. wow, thanks for the laugh. You paid $50 and then chucked it in the trash.. haha.. that's too funny.. I'm sitting here, crying form laughter now, your stupidity made my day!

I spose everyone noticed how protective I am about tso.. lmao... it's a nice change to see the cursewords aren't blocked out though.

Just because you can rape and murder other players in YOUR games doesn't mean we need it in ours.

wow...
    ::::12::

• JackieeJackiee Member Posts: 8

Don't let people get you too upset.  Personally I don't care if people don't get it.  Not everyone HAS to like a game.  However, I find it extremely amusing that people played 15 minutes and opted to hate the game as a whole.  I'm the type of girl who actually really has to try something to enjoy it. 

When I first started playing TSO way back in the day, I signed up figuring I'd play out my free trial and go about my business.  I wasn't a big player of the sims offline, although I had owned and played it before.  But when I started playing TSO I had more fun than I thought I could playing an online game.  This is just me and my personal experience.   A world of happiness didn't explode once I loaded into the game, it sure took more than 15 minutes or even a day for me to get the hang of it.  But I loved it!

I'm sorry alot of people here can't enjoy it for what it really is. It must be great to be so quick to pick up on things, and have such wonderfully important opinions about something after such quick experience with it.  I hope one day I could be as sure of myself and everyone else as alot of you are.  You truly are special special people.

• EmmaLouiseEmmaLouise Member Posts: 14

if you enjoy having levels. killing, fighting, having an end to a game then the sims (any version) isn't for you. You need a very rare skill to play the sims...Imagination. ::::39::

• KitKittyKitKitty Member Posts: 15

Ugggh... digitydarkman, I'm not THAT crazy. If I insulted whatever *pathetic* game you played, I'm sure you'd respond far worse, possibly even getting others to respond also.

PS- great to see Emma & Jackiee here!!

Kit & Azrael in BF!!

• Louie916Louie916 Member Posts: 6

People talk about it the $10 a month being a waste. I have always thought of TSO as saving me money. I think back to all of those nights I stayed in because I wanted to sim all night. All of that money I would have spent at a restaurant or bar a few nights a week. Now that adds up fast!

Originally posted by Maxoid

How many post until we can rate the game?  

Dunno, but being able to rate the game is only part of why I'm here.  I want this forum to be owned by those of us who actually play the game - not some no-life non-TSO-playing losers who come in here simply to act all superior and such!

Originally posted by KitKitty
    Ugggh... digitydarkman, I'm not THAT crazy. If I insulted whatever *pathetic* game you played, I'm sure you'd respond far worse, possibly even getting others to respond also.

PS- great to see Emma & Jackiee here!!

lol you talk about being childish and imature and such... well just look at you. calm down buddy

Is there actually a point to your being here, beyond simply trash-talking the game and its players?  Because I'll tell ya what, hon - if you're here to try to promote your game, you're doing a terrible job of it.

Originally posted by Katheryne
    Is there actually a point to your being here, beyond simply trash-talking the game and its players? Because I'll tell ya what, hon - if you're here to try to promote your game, you're doing a terrible job of it.

hmm do you see me trash talking here?? other then the post thats like a year old, do you see me promoting anything??

Which brings us back to my question:  Is there a point to you posting in here?

Which brings us back to my question: Is there a point to you posting in here?

blah blah blah

• ShikiShiki Member Posts: 6

LOL  You tell 'em Kit!  And even if someone thinks we're all crazy, who cares.  haha

-- Shiki

Originally posted by digitydarkman

blah blah blah

Yeah, that's what I thought.

• Babe-Babe- Member Posts: 30

blah blah blah

*warning to all: don't take on kat unless u have a really good argument* ;)

Simball in CC - Simball in AV
    Do you have what it takes?

blah blah blah

come now, be nice.

• TattooedGirlTattooedGirl Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Louie916

People talk about it the $10 a month being a waste. I have always thought of TSO as saving me money. I think back to all of those nights I stayed in because I wanted to sim all night. All of that money I would have spent at a restaurant or bar a few nights a week. Now that adds up fast!

Originally posted by Maxoid

How many post until we can rate the game?  

Yeah, all that time you could have been out in the real world, meeting real people and making real friends. Wow, what a waste that would have been huh? To actually go out and do something with yourself instead of sitting behind a computer all weekend playing TSO. Yeah, sure, I see where you saved alot......image

• Louisa364Louisa364 Member Posts: 4

Just seems like an awful lot of energy being spent on trashing a game...would be interesting to know just how long those of you who hate tso so much actually PLAYED.

Originally posted by TattooedGirl

Yeah, all that time you could have been out in the real world, meeting real people and making real friends. Wow, what a waste that would have been huh? To actually go out and do something with yourself instead of sitting behind a computer all weekend playing TSO. Yeah, sure, I see where you saved alot......image

Pot...  Meet Kettle.  While you're sitting all alone in front of your computer spewing emotional hatred, we're sitting in front of our computers enjoying our game and our time we're spending.  Perhaps neither of us have real-world lives, but - unlike you - we're comfortable with that.

• EmmaLouiseEmmaLouise Member Posts: 14

To TattooedGirl

I didn't realise that people out there were so concerned that I should get out there and 'make friends'. Awwwww. Well it may be news to you but yes I have friends, I have a boyfriend as well! Shock! No game is my life, sure I'm a big fan but I don't spend every waking hour playing it. I do actually have a social life and I can interact with other human beings in and out of game, which clearly you can’t, or you would have got more enjoyment out of the game.