Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: 1.3.4 Arrives on Test Server

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Version 1.3.4 of Warhammer Online has hit the PTS! We recently reported on version 1.3.4, which made mention of a new scenario structure and scenario currency.

Patch notes were unavailable at the time, but now that 1.3.4 has hit PTS we can give you the full rundown of the changes:

Scenario currency is basically a new set of emblems earned through participation in scenarios. Pretty simple. The emblems can be used to purchase a new line of items, and can be converted similarly to previously available emblems.

The new scenario structure is easily the most exciting aspect of 1.3.4. Many scenarios have been outright removed, and the new scenario availability per tier is quite a bit more enticing! Don't believe me? Check out the new progression below:

* Tier 1

- Nordenwatch

- Gates of Ekrund

* Tier 2

- Nordenwatch

- Gates of Ekrund

- Mourkain Temple

* Tier 3

- Nordenwatch

- Gates of Ekrund

- Mourkain Temple

- Phoenix Gate

- Highpass Cemetery

* Tier 4

- Nordenwatch

- Gates of Ekrund

- Mourkain Temple

- Phoenix Gate

- Highpass Cemetery

- Battle for Praag

Nordenwatch across all tiers? Permanently? Yes, please! Outside of Mourkain Temple and to some extent Highpass Cemetary the new scenario list consists of all my favorite scenarios.

How about you? Are you one of those folks who absolutely loved Stonetroll Crossing, Tor Anroc and Serpent's Pass? Sad to see them gone? Let us know your thoughts on the new scenario structure in the comments below!

View the full patch notes for 1.3.4 here!

Comments

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

I agree, all my favorites.  I would consider resubbing if  I thought that there were enough people around to have scenarios pop frequently like in the first couple months. 

• orlacorlac Member Posts: 549

Great news! I for one hated STC on all my toons.

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

I despise Mourkain Temple, but I can see why it would be popular with some players, as it is virtually strategy-free. Just run to the other group and kill, kill, kill.

I would have prefered if Stonetroll had been left in. Phoenix Gate was decent with a good group.

In all, it is a positive change, though.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• GreenLanternFanGreenLanternFan Member Posts: 374

I loved Stone Troll Crossing. While I understand why SCs were removed, I'd be very disappointed to see STC go, if I were still subscribed.

I do agree with what a previous poster stated in regards to resubbing if I could be certain that SCs were going to pop more often. That was probably my biggest reason for leaving.

I do feel that Reikland Factory should be added to that list.

Your fail comment, failed.

• KrilsterKrilster Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

I agree, all my favorites.  I would consider resubbing if  I thought that there were enough people around to have scenarios pop frequently like in the first couple months. 

Yep. :(

I just quit (again) about 4 or so months ago (I think), right before Dark Crag emptied out for other MMO's. It would take at least 20 mins 15 or so mins to queue in the mid 20s bracket, and much longer for the 30s bracket.

It's unfortunate that WAR has gone the way it has, because it was one of the few games that had fun combat. Minus the imbalances of course.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

"Scenarios disabled in this manner will make their triumphant return as Weekend Events with exciting new rewards!"

So we may see Stonetroll Crossing return, if only for a weekend.

• donjndonjn Member UncommonPosts: 816

With the server consolidations Scenarios pop up way faster now. And with this change, popular ones like Nordenwatch will pop up in a minute or two.

• shr4pnelshr4pnel Member UncommonPosts: 99

I like the fact that they keep removing content every patch - T1 pairings, Forts, scenarios, etc. This game is in maintenance mode.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Any of you guys on Badlands or Gorfang? I'm actually thinking of taking another dip after this change!  How are those servers doing these days?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by shr4pnel

I like the fact that they keep removing content every patch - T1 pairings, Forts, scenarios, etc. This game is in maintenance mode.

Or maby it's in editing mode.

I was recently watching a bad movie "In the Name of the King" which is a Uwe Boll film.

If you know anything about Uwe Boll, he isn't considered one of the best movie makers around. however, while watching it I thought to myself "if this was edited down, some stuff removed, etc, it wouldn't be a horrendous picture".

Just because something is put in a game doesn't mean that it should be there. Some of those scenarios were just not fun. And if less and less people are doing them then it makes sense to bring to the fore the more enjoyable scenarios.

I'll be honest as I am confused over the removal of forts issue as I was just in a fort siege about a week ago. I had read they were removed but they are there so I am unsure as to what was actually removed?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

i feel like this change almost doesnt matter and is just the same and a parent telling their child "its not so bad it not so bad" when their head is bleeding like crazy.... some of the ones they took out were way fun... too bad Warhammer is past the content stage and now entering the "DAoC" or the phase in which nothing new will come out unless it is just a small change and we will only find balance fixes now......

i don't think it will be worth it...and now i sit back and enjoy my books i got with my CE

• jotulljotull Member Posts: 256

Same boring ass bang bang your'e dead BS. They alienated so damn many players that begged for a comprehensive PVE game, they threw all their effort into PVP and failed majorly , they could  have still kept a sembelance of an audiance instead of the endless free trial whores who make up about 99.9% of the people who still log on.

• mjkittredgemjkittredge Member Posts: 126

I'll miss Khaines Embrace scenario for Tier 1. Seeing people get annihilated by Khaines Wrath AOE never gets old :D Smart people learn the in between points to hide in, and snare opponents or knock them back so they get blasted by the AOE.

Stone Troll Crossing wasn't bad, had some decent strategic elements - I'd stand on the ramps as a ranged unit/caster type character and shoot people passing by, melees had to run all the way around to the start of the ramp to come over to get me. Problem with this one and a bunch of others though, is that if one side starts winning they can push their opponent back to the place they rez and pick them off continually and there's very little chance to recover once it gets to that point.

I'm very curious to see what these new weapons will look like and how (if at all) they're different from what is already available, and how difficult/time consuming they are to get. Also curious about the "Special rewards" for when the removed SCs come back on weekends.

• Cobbie916Cobbie916 Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by MikeB

Any of you guys on Badlands or Gorfang? I'm actually thinking of taking another dip after this change!  How are those servers doing these days?

I am on Gorfang, Destro. This server seems to be the most balanced of the remaining, however order still has more higher level players.  Scenario's are always popping, atleast when I'm on.

• jakinjakin Member UncommonPosts: 243
    Originally posted by Sovrath 
    Or maby it's in editing mode.
    Just because something is put in a game doesn't mean that it should be there. Some of those scenarios were just not fun. And if less and less people are doing them then it makes sense to bring to the fore the more enjoyable scenarios.
    I'll be honest as I am confused over the removal of forts issue as I was just in a fort siege about a week ago. I had read they were removed but they are there so I am unsure as to what was actually removed?

I can kind of agree in concept, but I've got to imagine that the sheer repetition of scenarios is going to drive any new player (or releveling player) nuts.  I mean Nordenwatch is a fun scenario, but if you spend months playing Nordenwatch or Gates of Ekrund every other scenario pop it's going to get old fast.  Especially if you are actually required to play scenarios to receive currency for RvR weapons at any decent rate.

It would have been better to figure out why the other scenarios aren't fun (i.e. the turtling nature of the capture the flag scenarios) and fix that somehow, rather than simply removing content.  If a player quits and looks back in on the game in a few months to see no new content, and in fact a great deal of old content removed - what drives them to re-subscribe?

Fortresses were removed as gatekeepers to the two main cities.  It's no longer necessary for the attacking side to siege the fort and kill the fortress lord to open up the city.  I'm not sure to what you may be referring - do people defend and attack the forts just for fun now?  (bearing in mind it's a common thing for people to incorrectly call "keeps" (i.e. the castles in the middle of the RvR lakes) forts)

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

I think this is a step in the right direction and the game should have been like this from the start.  

Before when you just became familiar with a good Scenario like Nordenwatch, you'd have it pulled out from under you and were forced to go to more 'challenging' (aka annoying) scenarios.    

But I can't believe they're keeping that wretched Phoenix Gate.   Any scenario where half of the time you're sitting around doing nothing (guarding the flag), should be dropped.

I'll admit, a slightly masochistic side of me will miss Tor Annoc.   That damn lava was irritating but things were always moving.   Unlike Phoenix Gate where you can spend the whole scenario and never get a single kill because you're doing the necessary job of defense.

• gwenivergweniver Member UncommonPosts: 9

The upcoming changes look good so far.  I was on the PTS last night for the stability test and even with the 450-sum characters in a small area I didn't notice much lag like I used to.

The game definately isn't in 'maintenance mode' from what I've been seeing.   All changes take time to implement, test, etc and from what I'm seeing everything they are doing is for the better.    Though I wouldn't mind seeing more PvE content, this is a RvR focused game and it is the best one out there outside of DAOC.   I like both, but find WAR a bit more casual friendly how much I now have time to play.

I can jump in for 30 minutes, usually play 2 scenarios and feel like I accomplished something

My guild has been playing Aion for a few months, but we're planning on coming back to WAR now. 

Originally posted by niceguy3978

The scenarios have been popping frequently for me in Tier 4 on Iron Rock whenever I've been on (weekends/primetime).

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462
    Originally posted by Alienovrlord

I think this is a step in the right direction and the game should have been like this from the start.  
    Before when you just became familiar with a good Scenario like Nordenwatch, you'd have it pulled out from under you and were forced to go to more 'challenging' (aka annoying) scenarios.    
    But I can't believe they're keeping that wretched Phoenix Gate.   Any scenario where half of the time you're sitting around doing nothing (guarding the flag), should be dropped.
    I'll admit, a slightly masochistic side of me will miss Tor Annoc.   That damn lava was irritating but things were always moving.   Unlike Phoenix Gate where you can spend the whole scenario and never get a single kill because you're doing the necessary job of defense.

Hah, I loved Tor Anroc. Well, I was an Ironbreaker, so I just knocked everyone into the lava. WEEEEEEE there goes your Zealot!

Like I said earlier, the dropped scenarios will return as Weekend Events, which is good.

• OldAgeJunkieOldAgeJunkie Member Posts: 207

How is WAR these days?. I have been meaning to ask some of you that still play because I am looking to resubscribe and play again. After five years of playing WoW, it is just too boring and I am tired of having to compete with morons and rude greedy aholes in that game. Anyhow has anything changed?, class wise or fun wise?.

mmorpg's flop faster then mcdonalds cheese burgers these days.

Originally posted by OldAgeJunkie

How is WAR these days?. I have been meaning to ask some of you that still play because I am looking to resubscribe and play again. After five years of playing WoW, it is just too boring and I am tired of having to compete with morons and rude greedy aholes in that game. Anyhow has anything changed?, class wise or fun wise?.

I've been playing again after a couple months break and I'm finding it a lot of fun again.   I'm hearing the same thing from my guildmates.   It really depends on what your looking for in a game though.    They've made many enhancements to the RvR game, though there are still bugs out there with some of the end game PvE content that I would like to see resolved.

Originally posted by gweniver

Originally posted by OldAgeJunkie

I've been playing again after a couple months break and I'm finding it a lot of fun again.   I'm hearing the same thing from my guildmates.   It really depends on what your looking for in a game though.    They've made many enhancements to the RvR game, though there are still bugs out there with some of the end game PvE content that I would like to see resolved.

Cool, well if you could answer these questions for me I would be pleased. Thanks.

1. How is the subscriber base still going in that game?.

2. What have they changed since release of the game and now?.

3. Is PvP more balanced or is it still the same?.

4. Have they added anything PvE wise?.

5. What server would be best to play on since my server was taken down many years ago, so I don't know where to start.

6. What is the balance between both sides?.

7. I hard you could fly in the game now is that true?.

8. Anyone in any guilds that want to take an old schooler and show me the ropes again?.

I'm not going to be able to answer all of your questions probably in a way that you would like, but here is an initial stab:

I play on Iron Rock, and the server seems fairly active whenever I'm on (weekends/evenings).   From what I heard at the PTS event last night, the subscriber numbers are actually increasing.   This could be due to people coming back for the unlimited free trial and wanted to get back into the game afterwards.

WAY too many things to mention.   I would suggest looking through old patch notes on the warherald.com.   One major change was the removal of Fortresses though.  Due to this change, there are many more city sieges.

This always is subjective (in any game I've played).   It seems ok to me right now though.

They added the Land of the Dead which is a new PvE/RvR zone.  There is a new dungeon there that has gear that is better than Lost Vale.   The entry into the dungeon is based on RvR activity though and it swaps between Order and Destro owning the zone.

5. What server would be best to play on since my server was taken down many years ago, so I don't know where to start.

I've only been playing on Iron Rock since the start and I've been fairly happy here.   I would read the server forums for each server to see what type of drama each has before selecting.  :)

Again subjective and depends on your server.

Not on mounts.   There are still the same flying 'taxi' rides.

8. Anyone in any guilds that want to take an old schooler and show me the ropes again?.

My guild isn't recruiting, but I'm sure there are others out there!   Again, I would suggest checking out the various server forums on the warherald.com website.

I'm not going to be able to answer all of your questions probably in a way that you would like, but here is an initial stab:
    I play on Iron Rock, and the server seems fairly active whenever I'm on (weekends/evenings).   From what I heard at the PTS event last night, the subscriber numbers are actually increasing.   This could be due to people coming back for the unlimited free trial and wanted to get back into the game afterwards.
    WAY too many things to mention.   I would suggest looking through old patch notes on the warherald.com.   One major change was the removal of Fortresses though.  Due to this change, there are many more city sieges.
    This always is subjective (in any game I've played).   It seems ok to me right now though.
    They added the Land of the Dead which is a new PvE/RvR zone.  There is a new dungeon there that has gear that is better than Lost Vale.   The entry into the dungeon is based on RvR activity though and it swaps between Order and Destro owning the zone.
    I've only been playing on Iron Rock since the start and I've been fairly happy here.   I would read the server forums for each server to see what type of drama each has before selecting.  :)
    Again subjective and depends on your server.
    Not on mounts.   There are still the same flying 'taxi' rides.
    My guild isn't recruiting, but I'm sure there are others out there!   Again, I would suggest checking out the various server forums on the warherald.com website.

Thanks allot.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Originally posted by Comnitus

Hah, I loved Tor Anroc. Well, I was an Ironbreaker, so I just knocked everyone into the lava. WEEEEEEE there goes your Shaman!

Like I said earlier, the dropped scenarios will return as Weekend Events, which is good.

Edited you post, and well I often ended on the wrong side of the knock, till I got that skill that would push everyone around back:

Stupid shaman runs into the middle of dps/tanks and weeeee... That was insanely fun!

I second that, got back with the trial and I had much fun each time I logged into it.

Not only it's fun but I love how most players have decent names and I don't see mismatching walkinq clowns wandering around. Finally I met some really nice people doing Public Quests. I have yet to see the PvE instances though.