Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would love a game that my PC can handle.

r0hitr0hit Member Posts: 64

Hi, 

I have been looking for a new mmo since i stopped (not quit) playing wow last year, there are many wonderous mmo's out there which look really good and reading about the lore and the reviews they have gotten have pulled me in. However when ive downloaded the trial and i play the actual game sometimes its really laggy (vanguard) or in-game gfx are screwed up (AoC). I have had enough of looking for mmo's and finding good ones and not being able to play them.

Yes there is an easy solution, by a new computer. However this is out of the window right now as my current PC is just about to be 1 year old in March 2010. Also i am going on holiday with my friends so i have to save up my money. 

Another easy solution would be to upgrade my PC, however this is impossible. As my PC is a Dell Studio Hybrid and the only thing i can upgrade without (wrecking it) taking it apart is the ram to 2x 2gb ram from 2x 1gb ram. 

So i was just wondering if there were any mmo's out there that are good and dont need a 'super' computer to play them. 

Thank you.

(dont bother suggesting runescape or evony, if you are get off this thread).

:)

Comments

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Grand Fantasia, it's not a bad F2P I started playing it again after I got burned out in closed beta but I already see people at cap so the level speed must not be that bad.

It works like wonders on my laptop and my laptop graphic card doesn't support pixel shader 2.0 so you can guess how lame it is >_>

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

The original Everquest. No joke. It might be a good fix.

• r0hitr0hit Member Posts: 64

Bump ^ thanks for the help ~:D

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

The first problem you've encountered is the fact you bought a Dell. I understand that not EVERYONE has the confidence in themselves (or info to get started) to build their own from scratch. It requires NO soddering, and is only dangerous due to static electricity.

What i'd recommend:

-Buying Static-Negating gloves

-Buying a Static-Arm-Leash

-Buying a Static-Killing Floor Mat

If you're willing to buy two of the three listed above, and are willing to build a computer 10x better than ANY Dell computer for under 800, or under 1200 (depends if you want Intel or AMD CPU) that will kick ANY games ass simply reply to this thread or send me a PM saying you replied to this thread about it :)!

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

I think i will try LOTRO, i remeber playing the trial (us version) and i had not experienced any lag.

But now i have to download the EU version which i onl realised after re-installing the Us version...

yaaay :)

ty for suggestions

• krsna27krsna27 Member UncommonPosts: 16

Hi, Archlord and Perfect World are good games even at low graphics setting. Not sure sure if the lag will effect you because it depends on your internet connection and server status.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

earth eternal is a super game!

Are ther usch things as portable graphics 'cards' that you can plud into your pc/notebook/laptop?

• ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

it isn't that harder to install a graphics card into your notebook there are alot of guides online that can help you probably.

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

There really aren't that many graphically demanding f2p mmo's out there, but to help narrow your search i'd suggest looking at the year a game released before trying it, maybe something in the 2000-2006 range? Also remember to mess around with a games graphic settings, always be sure to lower the resolution and most importantly turn off shadows.