Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions to those who have played it.

PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

I had heard about the game, but never really gave it a close look till I saw the massively video here.

http://www.massively.com/2010/01/29/global-agenda-video-developer-diary/

This reminds me of tribes meets the old school mechwarrior player created conquest ladders.

My only question for those who have played it is, how is the population, and how is the latency?

By latency I mean, if you shoot bob while bob is moving, can you hit him or due to latency is it constant misses?

Comments

• ifandbutifandbut Member Posts: 134

I got it today and played it for 5hrs or so both PvE and PvP and I have not had any notable lag.

• oskironmaideoskironmaide Member Posts: 336

I played today some hours and it was fun...

My only comment is on performance.. i have an awesome pc that can run crysis and most new games like its nothing. I play ut3 on constant 60fps. But this game i wont even pass 20 fps so i spended many hours tweaking the game to make it playable.

If you watch The Karate Kid backwards it's about this karate champ that just kinda slowly becomes a pussy and ends up moving back to Jersey

• ed_angered_anger Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Originally posted by oskironmaide

My only comment is on performance.. i have an awesome pc that can run crysis and most new games like its nothing. I play ut3 on constant 60fps. But this game i wont even pass 20 fps so i spended many hours tweaking the game to make it playable.

??  the game uses the unreal3 engine, lol.  havent had any issues at all myself.

• Recon415Recon415 Member Posts: 55

I get a smooth 55 fps avg with an ATI 4870, which can run Crysis like its nothing if that's any basis.

i have an awesome pc too. it is a cool pc, it fights aliens and doesn't afraid of anything

I have computers; they are fast.

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012
    Originally posted by Pyrostasis

I had heard about the game, but never really gave it a close look till I saw the massively video here.
    http://www.massively.com/2010/01/29/global-agenda-video-developer-diary/
    This reminds me of tribes meets the old school mechwarrior player created conquest ladders.
    My only question for those who have played it is, how is the population, and how is the latency?
    By latency I mean, if you shoot bob while bob is moving, can you hit him or due to latency is it constant misses?

Hi I have been playing this game for some time now and can answer some questions.

Population wise it is hard to say because the game has only had the Pre Order testers in and the Closed Beta testers playing. However I have never had an issue of waiting to find a match. No one will know how the population will be until a month after release like most MMO's. However the people I know from my steam friends list have been playing since closed beta and are going to play retail. Only one I know of didn't like the game and cancled his pre order but like most games you can never please 100% of the people who buy it or play it.

Latency wise the netcode is awesome I do have a good internet connection but still never noticed any lag issues. I am in the UK they have the option to play normal games on EU servers or NA and to be honest I have just been playing the NA matches because lag to me feels none existent. I shoot people they take damage I have never had to question any games I have played so far to lag what so ever. And I do hope this does not change because the way they have the netcode right now has been perfect. My internet connection is pretty reliable too so this could be why I have no lag issues. I know some people suffer FPS problems but some time in the options menu can help a great deal one of my guild members is on a duel core with a pretty old graphics card and he can still manage to play.

I get a constant 60 fps capped at 60 with a BFG GTX 285, Q6600 Cpu ( overclocked to 3.1ghz ) and 4gig DDR3 playing at a res of 1920 x 1200 it may dump down in fights I have never felt the need to check or notice any FPS problems. I will be honest I did have some problems at 1st with AA enabled in my Nvidia panel as I had it set to forced mode and this cause me not to be able to select any loadouts because all the 2d images would vanish. This is still and issue for me but I have disabled AA for this game and I have had no more issues.

As for the game it's self I do find it fun it almost has a TF2 on Steroids feel to it. I did like TF2 and played it quite a bit even rented my own server for a few months to play with my guild. I think most who like TF2 and find TF2 fun will like this game ( I am not saying all will because I know someone will jump in and say they hate it ).

The game types are fun in the game the maps are well planned out and have a good feel to them same goes for the PvE maps too. The only downside is the lack of maps but then again who knows how many maps there are? But still even with the lack of maps I can still jump in and have fun. Another downside is the fact you can only team up with 4 people to play none AvA maps. I am not sure if they did this so people would not stack teams.

Now I am not a fanboy of this game it does have a few flaws but I do find the game fun. Yes it can be frustrating also at times when you get a bad team but I guess that is like any other game. I will stick to AvA more than Public games and just use public games to level up faster.

Feel free to ask any other questions if you like.

--

Would also like to add that if anyone has Windows 7 and has Issues with FPS/Lockup's from GTX cards make sure you remove the Win7 default drivers that the system likes to throw in on installation of the card. This did cause me some issues and I had to remove the old drivers in safe mode with a tool called Driver Sweeper. No other method fixed these issues for me. Since I did that I had better performance and no more lockup's.

Edit -  Sorry for the wall of text.

Did you try to dissable the soundcard to see if that helped the FPS issue at all ? I have heard of some people with almost the same spec as my system having FPS issues. For most it was the sound card causing the problem.

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780

I am playing from Australia with a 300+ ping and only notice lag when i try and snipe mainly. Luckily i have fallen in love with the assault and his grenade launcher.

• bambookbambook Member UncommonPosts: 180

I have pre-ordered the game and played early start untill servers went down for final release. I had no internet lag whatsoever , net code is amazing, i am pretty sure its UT3 net code. Also population is sky high and that being said its only pre orders.

• bambookbambook Member UncommonPosts: 180
    Originally posted by Woopin

Did you try to dissable the soundcard to see if that helped the FPS issue at all ? I have heard of some people with almost the same spec as my system having FPS issues. For most it was the sound card causing the problem.

i have same issue i have amazing pc but its ggiving me like 19-20 fps. You think sound card may be the problem? how do i disable it? and would the game even run without sound card?

Originally posted by bambook

Originally posted by Woopin

i have same issue i have amazing pc but its ggiving me like 19-20 fps. You think sound card may be the problem? how do i disable it? and would the game even run without sound card?

I would only dissable the sound card in device manager to check to see if your sound card is the actual issue. That way you know what causes the FPS loss to send a /bug report to HiRez. Or even get another sound card if that was the issue. If you dissable your soundcard all together and you get great FPS you know what the culprit is.

They use what they call a "single shard" server style. As I understand it, it means that there is one server, or server location per continent (excluding Antarctica). These server(s) handle the load from all the different locations, and communicate between eachother directly. Since they must have uber internets, they should be able to minimize lag between Australia and the US for example.

Really neat system. I wonder why they're the first to use it.

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

Lots of people are having performance issues it seems. Its very CPU bound so anything you can do to lower the load on the cpu will help. Switching off high character detail can help a bit too.

• inalizinaliz Member UncommonPosts: 45

I have been playing for a while. The population is huge, global agenda has been on steam top 10 sellers for 2 months now I think. As far as latency yesterday in last day of early start I was getting average 50 fps with 17 ms latency. I live in minnesot and I think the servers are in georgia.

Pretty good I'd say

As far as performance goes take a look at your video card settings in the control panel, might want to turn some settings down. I run average 50 fps, up to 130 fps in some areas. With a standard setup and stock settings it seems most people get 30-40 fps average. Haven't heard too many performance issues.

• xenoclixxenoclix Member UncommonPosts: 298

That was my question.

I live in Australia but have been thinking to buy or not to buy because as most FPS games playin vs the US/EU us aussies usually get the short end of the stick in terms of lag.

So its still playable yeah? 

Can any other aussies comment on this :)?

Originally posted by xenoclix

That was my question.

I live in Australia but have been thinking to buy or not to buy because as most FPS games playin vs the US/EU us aussies usually get the short end of the stick in terms of lag.

So its still playable yeah? 

Can any other aussies comment on this :)?

Explained this in an earlier post. Yeah, just about everyone will have the same amount of lag with the system it has.

I know several Aussies that play regularly with me on GA now.

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

The game seems to be quite fun, but I'm also having performance issues.

I have a i5 750 system with 6 gbs of RAM and an ATI HD5850. It pretty much never breaks a sweat on any game on any setting, but I'm getting like 10 - 15 fps in this game *on medium settings*. And with no AA. Interesting - not to mention unfortunate for me. :)

I'll report back if I find a solution to this.

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

OK, I'm replying instead of editing the above post so that maybe someone will find the info useful:

I've solved the fps problem. It seems to be a combination of my antivirus software meddling with the network traffic and a couple of normally innocent background processes running. Though in short, you can say changing the antivirus software did the trick.

Though I must add, oddly, that after reinstalling the "problem" antivirus software again, that seems to be working just fine, too.

So anyone having fps problems, also try fiddling a bit with your antivirus software (like try Game Mode on Bitdefender or see if yours is getting really fidgety with network traffic)...

Normally you'd not expect this sort of stuff to hit frame rate so hard, but after I solved the problem, my fps went from the 10s to 150+...