Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everquest II

Saya98Saya98 Member UncommonPosts: 41

Hello everyone I need some help ok I have never played everquest and I know its always coming out with a shit ton of expansions now what version of everquest do I need in order to play the game and are new content upgrades free please someone tell me how this works?

Oh and another question how are drop rates of items in Lineage 2 do things have a normal drop rate or do you have to grind over and over for a special item?

Comments

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

EQ1 or EQ2?

For EQ2 you get all the expansion with the complete edition package which i believe is 20 bucks as fro EQ1 im not really sure.

• brian72282brian72282 Member UncommonPosts: 783

EQ1 and EQ2 both include the base version and every expansion with purchase now.

As a side note, the adventure packs for EQ2 still need to be purchased seperately, and really aren't even needed anymore.

• Kungaloosh1Kungaloosh1 Member Posts: 260

If you haven't bought it already, wait till mid february and get the new expac, it will put you up to date.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

If you play the trial,you get 14 days free,then upgrade to full account,you get to keep all the expansions except the newest,shadow oddysey i think it is called.Anyhoot other than a few cheap additions to the AA,there is no need for that xpac yet,there is tons of zones and content prior to needing that.I was surprised,i have made 6 players , reason i was surprised was that every time,well 5/6 i made a new player i saw another new player or two or three,so there seems to be a steady influx of alts or new players.In comparison i did the WOW trial and saw nobody,i only saw 5 players in a whole week in the noob zone,that is scary for a game claiming to be the biggest.

I am not sure if you are one of those that has to play a good player,because i strongly suggest Timorous Deep,it is by far the most user friendly,best zone to start in,i know because i have loaded 6 players already and played for 2 years in the past.

I am on Permafrost ,it seems to be on average with all the other servers,meaning decent pop at peak hours.The two busiest servers are always the busiest everyday,the RP server Antonia Bayle and i forget the other ,it might be a PVP server cannot remember.

I really like EQ2,the only bummer is trying to choose a guild,there is literally no new low end guilds,if there is ,they are not advertising in chat or via the UI.Every single guild seems to be advertising to get Raiding players for the upcoming xpac,players are really obsessed with their Fabled gear.Eq2 kind of reminds me of FFXI at this point,there is really nothing left to add to the game,xpacs are just new raiding gear for vets,nothing more.I would like to see some new content from level 1 up,and not just new zones,the game does not need any more zones.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

newest eq2 is sentinel of fate .digital release date 23 february

box release date 16 of february

eq1 just had a new expension this month if i recall  underfoot its called its probably the biggest mmo out there.15 000 quest if i recall what was said in evercracked(its on youtube)

on a sidenote i would get the february release for 1 reason it will have a new starting area

so it will be packed with new toon.

• ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

yeah the newest expansion is going to be the Sentinel of Fate and it will be including all previous expansions from what I have read. So if you can wait save some money and get this if not get the "Everquest 2 Complete Edition" should be in silver boxing I saw it at Frys, Microcenter, and BestBuy. It is 19.99 with 60 days of subscription play and includes all content beside the upcoming Sentinel of Fate which you are going to have to buy if you don't wait.