Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Play unreal 3.. or any other fps

oskironmaideoskironmaide Member Posts: 336

If you wanna play huxley.. play any other real fps instead. crappy excuse for a game.

This game will fail if they dont get at least dedicated servers

If you watch The Karate Kid backwards it's about this karate champ that just kinda slowly becomes a pussy and ends up moving back to Jersey

Comments

• mo0rbidmo0rbid Member Posts: 363

Word. If you like waiting for other players to join for 50% of your game time then Huxley is your game. Why not just play counter-strike or any other fps?

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

In its current state, ya its pretty diluted.  However theyre testing the very basics of PvP right now and nothing more.  Which is why you're suggesting playing a standard FPS. 

Its going to develope, but nobody knows yet how far they plan on developing.  I dont have any issues with P2P, but if its just standard death match, ctf, team dm etc. I dont see why I would play this over a regular FPS.  I was expecting something more along the lines of Planetside with massive PvP battles with control points..

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • oskironmaideoskironmaide Member Posts: 336
    Originally posted by Rayx0r

In its current state, ya its pretty diluted.  However theyre testing the very basics of PvP right now and nothing more.  Which is why you're suggesting playing a standard FPS. 
    Its going to develope, but nobody knows yet how far they plan on developing.  I dont have any issues with P2P, but if its just standard death match, ctf, team dm etc. I dont see why I would play this over a regular FPS.  I was expecting something more along the lines of Planetside with massive PvP battles with control points..

yeah me too, everything is instanced..

Maybe they will bring more stuff to the table later on :)

If you watch The Karate Kid backwards it's about this karate champ that just kinda slowly becomes a pussy and ends up moving back to Jersey

• cdnJynxcdnJynx Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by oskironmaide

Originally posted by Rayx0r

yeah me too, everything is instanced..

Maybe they will bring more stuff to the table later on :)

I highly doubt they spent time on the current pvp ui for strictly testing purposes

• mofufumofufu Member Posts: 3

It is pretty bad in it's current state, why would you play a game that is basically the exact same as UT3 only you have to spend $ and time leveling.

I think the lag is really the worst part of it all- try playing the sniper class lol.

• BoonshniggleBoonshniggle Member Posts: 48

Well there are some nice aspects to the PVE part of the game. Kinda cool that you can join with friends and take on really had quests. You can have hordes and hordes of enemies coming at you all at once. It can be a challenging and fun experience.

About the lag...you might have noticed one bug in the beta and that is there is no ping being displayed or well sorted for the P2P hosted games. Once they get that feature working correctly then that will help tremendously. Also, they need to have a way for people to host dedicated servers.

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

i actually liked this game more than fallen earth, i dunno i just feel the unreal/quake style is better suited for an mmo. My only real complaint was the pvp games taking way to long to find. 

• DedthomDedthom Member Posts: 541

My 13 year old son downloaded Huxley and he liked the game so i also installed it to try it out. I went thru all the IJJI install crap but was really not impressed with the game. You dont reload the weapons you have to run over the ammo pods. Weapon selection isnt that great and the BG PVP lobby was really broken. Neither my son nor I could get into a server.

There was another shooter on the IJJI sight called AVA and the game was so much better as far as being a shooter.

I would have to say that as far as I am concerned Huxley isnt a very good MMO or FPS.

""But Coyote, you could learn! You only prefer keyboard and mouse because that's all you've ever known!" You might say right before you hug a rainforest and walk in sandals to your drum circle where you're trying to raise group consciousness of ladybugs or whatever it is you dirty goddamn hippies do when you're not busy smoking pot and smelling bad."
    Coyote's Howling: Death of the Computer

• spLaggerspLagger Member UncommonPosts: 130

I'd still like to try it myself.

• prototypoprototypo Member UncommonPosts: 179

Yeah me to if it ever get's released, the dev's on the official Huxley forums have constantly stated it would be released before 2010 but that seems highly unlikely considering tomorrow is going to be the eve of a new year .

Edit: a friend of mine just sent me this link that show's the game has been pushed back to 2010

http://www.vgreleases.com/pc/ReleaseDate-23369.aspx

• spLaggerspLagger Member UncommonPosts: 130

hopefully they figure out what they need to do. I mean if anything they should learn from Borderlands that FPSs online even with bad pings still can be a money maker.

• KingbladeKingblade Member Posts: 26

I had high hopes for this particular game since it was first announced. But when I saw some videos, I was very disappointed. I have nothing against UT and its gameplay...but why did Huxley have to go that route. It should be more of a team base and squad base...instead of fast pace like UT, with its anti-gravity and crazy movements.

• C0MAC0MA Member Posts: 522

ThreadNecromancy.com

"Sometimes people say stuff they don''t mean, but more often then that they don''t say things they do mean"