Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atlantica Online: Content Update Interview

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com's Garrett Fuller recently spoke with the team from Atlantica Online about the game's most recent content update.

MMORPG.com:

Tell us about the changes to competition rankings. How will these impact players?

Atlantica Online:

In the past, we've had complaints from players in higher divisions who would go up against opponents ten to twenty levels higher than them. Especially at these higher levels, gear tends to increase in power dramatically, resulting in fights that were perceived as unfair. These changes will help to limit the number of mismatched battles like this in Free League.

Read the Content Update Interview.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Bah. This is not an interview, this is a press release in q & a form.

They don't listen to complaints at all. The game is done entirely by the Korean developer. Nothing except extremely minor things gets fixed. Sure, they added a person who is supposed to be a liason. But he doesn't do anything, he doesn't even play the game, so he has no idea what's going on.

And basically all the new features (like mercs) are simply designed to suck up more money from players from the item mall.  (While the promised features of last year, housing and the tactical battle system, haven't materialized).

The most recent one costs billions of in game gold to get, and that was after they made it more accessible. Before that the only real way was to spend $1000s* on those $40 "charity" boxes that Child's play disassociated themselves from, because it was so sleazy.

* Sadly, this is not hyperbole. On my server, at least one individual must have spent close to that (you can tell because of the server wide popups when one of those boxes was opened). And I don't think he even got one.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there