Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: 1.3.4 Details Revealed!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Community Coordinator Andy Belford spills the beans on the upcoming 1.3.4 patch for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning.

Patch 1.3.4 is set to hit PTS sometime in early February, and will include an entirely new line of weaponry purchased through a new currency earned solely through Scenarios, significant changes to Campaign gameplay, and a streamlining (including removal) of scenario offerings.

Patch notes are currently unavailable, sorry guys!

View the original announcement here.

Comments

• misterdurpmisterdurp Member Posts: 157

so this news item is dedicated to 'an announcement of a patch' ........ since theres not patch notes available its nothing more than that.

• Syphin_BSyphin_B Member UncommonPosts: 340

Way to be late on this one.

This has been out.

• ozy1ozy1 Member Posts: 309

yep sort it out, your a bit slow on this sort of stuff.

Playing Darkfall EU1 Server

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Too little too late.  Wonder how long EA will keep Mythic funded?

• noblotnoblot Member Posts: 287

I have recently been playing the T1 realm (again) on European servers, and there is a lot of activity, in fact as much as there was at the launch. Now this is not exactly unexpected due to the free to play option. Now the interesting bit is how many players are subscribing.

Assuming that a significant number are subscribing (and a small sample I asked said they were likely too), then it seems likely that subscription number will have stabilised. So the question is, will EA put more effort (and money) into making an expansion release with more careers?

While I applaude the improvements that have happens (really like the beginner help screens and voices); what's missing is a few new classes to mix up the game play.

As it stands, WAR is on a crossroad, either it will get an expansion, and slowly see number rise, or it will stagnate and lose players (and make less money) as time goes by. Personally, I think that EA would get back any money it invested in an expansion as many die hard fans would flock back for Undead and Skaven (at 30 quid a pop). Clearly LoTR has been managing paid for expansion on a not dis-similar player base.

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007

Can we just stop poking it with a stick? its dead.. walk away.

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842
    Originally posted by coffee

Can we just stop poking it with a stick? its dead.. walk away.

Got to love these type of people, making assumptions without playing it. And I'll stop you right now by stating it doesn't really matter that you played it when it launched. The game has a player base, look at the forums. It may not be your cup of tea, but it is fun for some people and those are the ones playing. And WAR is far from dead, but then I guess you seem to know more then we do so share your info with us oh mighty one. Or do you just like to increase your post count with random sayings?

• WintersbiteWintersbite Member Posts: 146

will include an entirely new line of weaponry purchased through a new currency earned solely through Scenarios

So now there will be even less people in open world combat?

• FrobnerFrobner Member Posts: 649

This patch will not add content.  It will REDUCE content by removing scenarios.  That is the solution that Mythic has been using for the latest patches - Removing fortresses - one starting zone instead of 3.  They are not fixing anything.  Just removing it from the game.

The scenario weapons will bring out the "good horrible days" of High renown premades dominating the scenarios - with CC abilites that the less renown players are unable to counter.  Mythic has already said they are not going to prevent premades from meeting the none premades.  Simply put ... More ppl will quit cause they loose 90% of the fights while 10 premades dominate the entire game.

Im sorry but PVP in mmoRPG games doesn't work.  The strong will become stronger - the weak will be cannon fodder for a month before they give up.  Its nothing new in these games - Then when the devs deside to actually try to bring in balance the Nolifers that are bossing the game based on gear go mad and ragequit.  From UO this is ALWAYS happened in ALL PVP oriented games.  It simply doesn't work.

Create a PVP content where gear and Extra ranks (imagine 40 EXTR A ranks dominate WAR instead of player skills) do not determine the entire game.  PVP should be 80% about skill - 10% on tactis - 5% on items and 5% on Ping.  In WAR its 99% about renown ranks - and renown gear.  The bullies that have noone to bully in RL pile up in these games thinking they are something other than total loosers.   They dont play FPSers cause they are not skilled.  So WAR is their option to feel abit less of a looser. 

I encourage ppl to go read the responses from WAR players about what this will actually mean for the game.  Most of them realise how horrible mistake are beeing made by letting Renown Rank 80 players play with the lowbies - not to mention when the RR80s are usually in Premades.

For those that dont understand how Renwon works.  Its another level system after you reach level 40.  Basicly a level 80 Renown player is 40 level better than the renown 40 one is (gets stats and abilites (less chance of CC for example) .

It pretty much is like a lvl 1 character meets up with lvl 40 character.  RVR content IS acutally limited by levels.  Scenarios are NOT limited and therefor are not a real contents.  Just farm for the best - and loose for monhts or quit for the rest.

Its easy to create a Ranking system where RR lower than 60 dont meat up with the players above it.  Mythic will not do it.  And neither will they let premades play just against other premades. 

Stay far far far away from WAR.  If you are not alread at Renown rank 60 - 80 now you will simply be cannon fodder forever.  Thats how naive Mythic is -and has ALWAYS been. 

Read few of these posts - I will be quoting few of them later cause many of them are really DESPERATLY trying to get Mythic to reduce the gap between the best geared and the normal players.  

forums.warhammeronline.com/warhammer/board/message

• Maleus666Maleus666 Member UncommonPosts: 75

This patch will not add content. It will REDUCE content by removing scenarios. That is the solution that Mythic has been using for the latest patches - Removing fortresses - one starting zone instead of 3. They are not fixing anything. Just removing it from the game.

The scenario weapons will bring out the "good horrible days" of High renown premades dominating the scenarios - with CC abilites that the less renown players are unable to counter. Mythic has already said they are not going to prevent premades from meeting the none premades. Simply put ... More ppl will quit cause they loose 90% of the fights while 10 premades dominate the entire game.

1 - The patch is't announced, what was posted was some changes, so all that you are talking about is a big flame.

2 -  Everyone in this forum talks a lot about War, but who really get back to play? Talk about this game based in what you played a year ago is a completely stupidity. Go back to war, play not in t1, but in t4, see what is happening.

3 - about premades and pugs, based on all requestings  made in  their forum, there is a big possibility that scenarios get separated for premades and free ppl. I don't know how it will work, but i believe that chage will come with this new patch.

4 - I stopped to play War in december, but I had to get back after underdog system. Its being very funny.

5 - And about the flamers, please shut up and go play your mmo, but just  stay with yer mouths closed when you talk about war without play.

Go to hell!

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    Originally posted by Frobner

Im sorry but PVP in mmoRPG games doesn't work. 

If you feel this way why bother with WAR in the first place? Why post on its forums? Why not stick to Pve focused mmorpg?

In a mmorpg why shouldn't the players willing to work together have an advantage?

In a Fps game clans that play together for years dominate I guess pvp in Fps is bad also?

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

This patch will not add content.  It will REDUCE content by removing scenarios.  That is the solution that Mythic has been using for the latest patches - Removing fortresses - one starting zone instead of 3.  They are not fixing anything.  Just removing it from the game.
    The scenario weapons will bring out the "good horrible days" of High renown premades dominating the scenarios - with CC abilites that the less renown players are unable to counter.  Mythic has already said they are not going to prevent premades from meeting the none premades.  Simply put ... More ppl will quit cause they loose 90% of the fights while 10 premades dominate the entire game.
    Im sorry but PVP in mmoRPG games doesn't work.  The strong will become stronger - the weak will be cannon fodder for a month before they give up.  Its nothing new in these games - Then when the devs deside to actually try to bring in balance the Nolifers that are bossing the game based on gear go mad and ragequit.  From UO this is ALWAYS happened in ALL PVP oriented games.  It simply doesn't work.
    Create a PVP content where gear and Extra ranks (imagine 40 EXTR A ranks dominate WAR instead of player skills) do not determine the entire game.  PVP should be 80% about skill - 10% on tactis - 5% on items and 5% on Ping.  In WAR its 99% about renown ranks - and renown gear.  The bullies that have noone to bully in RL pile up in these games thinking they are something other than total loosers.   They dont play FPSers cause they are not skilled.  So WAR is their option to feel abit less of a looser. 

Pretty much sums up this release in a nutshell.  I second what Coffee said, this game is dead and going no where fast.

If they increase the already overpowered CC in the game then Mythic is comprised of a bunch of nutcases.

Why Mythic seems to think that being frozen in place for any length of time is fun, when it is disliked by most of us, is beyond me.  That was one thing the Wow developers noted when developing their game how detested CC was in DAoC.  Brain dead developers seem to never learn that I guess.

Originally posted by Rockgod99

Im sorry but PVP in mmoRPG games doesn't work. 

If you feel this way why bother with WAR in the first place? Why post on its forums? Why not stick to Pve focused mmorpg?

In a mmorpg why shouldn't the players willing to work together have an advantage?

In a Fps game clans that play together for years dominate I guess pvp in Fps is bad also?

This has NOTHING to do with ppl not working together.  This has to do with the fact that up to 3 players with RR 40 will NOT be able to kill one single RR80 player.  You are basicly telling a lvl 50 players to fight lvl 60 player.  And expect them to actually beat him.

I play WAR cause the Warhammer world  is MUCH more than PVP.  There is nothing wrong with expecting abit more than just ganfests and zergs.  

FPS clans are based on SKILLs and teamwork.  Premades in WAR are 90% based on higher gear than what the rest has.  What we are asking for is that those that already are RR 60 and over can ONLY meet other players that are of same RR level.

Problem with that is that Scenarios are considered to be part of the RVR (give 35% of domination points).  And tbh the game would die in few days if the premades actually had to play premades (4-6 groups in total) instead of ganking "nubs".

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Why Mythic seems to think that being frozen in place for any length of time is fun, when it is disliked by most of us, is beyond me.  That was one thing the Wow developers noted when developing their game how detested CC was in DAoC.  Brain dead developers seem to never learn that I guess.

Well, I certainly agree that the amount of CC in the game is sick and crazy. Here is my crackpot theory as to why they put it in.

24 classes, 40 levels, 1 or 2 abilities each new level. They simply ran out of good ideas for abilities and went to the B list.

As I was leveling up my Mage main in WoW, I would wonder why I got so many spells that were just slightly more powerful versions of what I already had (I think I had fireball up to 13 or 14 went I quit), but playing Warhammer I realized that there are only so many good ideas for abilities. The more classes, the more levels, the more abilities per level, the faster the good ideas run out. Now granted - WoW has chain fear and stunlock, but it is still less CC-oriented than Warhammer. FAR less, as much of the CC is restricted to non-humanoid targets and thus useless in PvP.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• rjp14rjp14 Member Posts: 16

Scenarios is not the only way to get this currency. It is only the primary.

I have also killed many RR 80 players as a lvl 30 - 40. It just takes more skill.