Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RedBedlam quits!

Comments

• momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555

Can and you cut and paste?

You need access to the forums to read that link!!

• ozy1ozy1 Member Posts: 309

paste it, cba to sign up to yet another forum!

Playing Darkfall EU1 Server

• Lt.DeadendLt.Deadend Member Posts: 325

Hello everyone.

I'm sorry things have been so quiet around here lately but the truth is we haven't really had enough final information to share with you. The last you heard from Gally things were progressing well with RV2 development and our goal was to release the update pretty early this year. Well, we're fast approaching February and you haven't had any more news.

Well, now I have news but I'm afraid it's not good and it's almost certainly not the news you wanted to hear. Now, as some of you may know, some will have guessed and some may not believe, Roma Victor has never been a profitable venture. RedBedlam has invested much more time and money into RV than it has ever taken out. We've never required subscription fees and after an extremely modest account set-up fee all further payments were taken on entirely voluntary donation basis. RedBedlam as a business can no longer sustain the level of resources required to operate Roma Victor the way we'd like to see it run so we've had to make a very, very difficult decision indeed.

As of 5th May 2010 RedBedlam will block purchases of new Roma Victor accounts. Six months later we'll stop taking any RV payments or donations and no further sesterces will be made available. Six months after that we'll shut the servers down and the original Roma Victor will closed for good.

Now, before people get too upset by this news I must stress that we haven't given up on "Roma Victor 2" by any means. We hope to complete the project according to a more realistic timeline, some time in 2011. But in the meantime we simply don't have the time or resources available to provide the level of communication and regular updates that this community expects of us during these intensive development phases.

We have therefore decided to wind down the original Roma Victor and concentrate all our efforts on profitable business opportunities for RedBedlam as it's these other projects that will help us raise the funds and acquire the resources required to do RV2 justice. We're hoping that RV2 will be everything we ever wanted RV to be and much, much more. But in order to do that we need to knuckle down, and throw as much into such a project as we can possibly drum up.

If and when RV2 is finalised, character, equipment and household data from RV will be imported into RV2 just as we've outlined before. We have high hopes for RV2 but we don't want to tease anyone, we don't want to be accused of hyping or misleading anyone and we don't want to set ourselves unrealistic objectives. So we've decided the best way to proceed is to continue to develop RV2 without releasing regular updates about its progress and without trying to simultaneously maintain RV properly as we had been trying to do.

As and when RV2 is in a state where we feel comfortable releasing information and inviting the community to participate in testing etc. this community will be some of the very first to know. All that really remains for me to say is a huge thank you for staying with us through both good and hard times and we really do hope you'll be around to enjoy RV2 when it's ready.

We are deeply moved by the passionate support that some of you have demonstrated over the years and immensely grateful for all of your contributions. Please continue to enjoy RV at our expense for as long as we can keep the servers online.

-KFR

• Lt.DeadendLt.Deadend Member Posts: 325

I did lol@this. its about dam time. such a broken game.

• commanderjimcommanderjim Member UncommonPosts: 40

One of the best ideas for an MMO. It wasn't anywhere near as good as it should and could have been but it kept me hooked longer than any other game I've ever played. I'm not holding my breath for RV2 if I'm honest but servers open for 14 months still so some PvP madness will hopefully ensue.

Commander Jim

Were all living on knife's edge when will you fall off?

• DorotheusDorotheus Member Posts: 3

Based on the words of Gally the RB rep who appeared at a ingame event some months back, the plan back then called for the closure of Roma Victor at the end of this March. Though they are careful of the wording this is an admittance that RV2 is going to be much delayed, so RV has been given a reprieve.

Given the above I see no reason to change my plans about where I'm going in game and shall continue accordingly.

• blutigfaustblutigfaust Member UncommonPosts: 129

I like how KFR says he doesnt want to give false hopes, but thats exactly what he did in his previous post before they stopped communicating with the players. He is two faced and not to be trusted. This dev team has shown no competence whatsoever, and I seriously doubt they'll be able to pull off RV2 with any more skill that this last fiasco called RV.  You're a fool if you think otherwise. "Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me". KFR was always bragging about his buisness knowlege, but has proven he is nothing more than a pretender and perveyor of lies.

Current games playing: MechWarrior Online
    Games being watched:  Project Genom
    Favorite played games: SWG, RomaVictor, and Xsyon

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

So end the era of one of the most overhyped indie game on this forum which even got a review by a major pc mag in the UK.

It was a fav with even one of the writers here on mmorpg.com and had some of the most rabid fans around .

But in reality it was broken and boring .

• MrDDTMrDDT Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Originally posted by Lt.Deadend

Hello everyone.
    I'm sorry things have been so quiet around here lately but the truth is we haven't really had enough final information to share with you. The last you heard from Gally things were progressing well with RV2 development and our goal was to release the update pretty early this year. Well, we're fast approaching February and you haven't had any more news.
    Well, now I have news but I'm afraid it's not good and it's almost certainly not the news you wanted to hear. Now, as some of you may know, some will have guessed and some may not believe, Roma Victor has never been a profitable venture. RedBedlam has invested much more time and money into RV than it has ever taken out. We've never required subscription fees and after an extremely modest account set-up fee all further payments were taken on entirely voluntary donation basis. RedBedlam as a business can no longer sustain the level of resources required to operate Roma Victor the way we'd like to see it run so we've had to make a very, very difficult decision indeed.
    As of 5th May 2010 RedBedlam will block purchases of new Roma Victor accounts. Six months later we'll stop taking any RV payments or donations and no further sesterces will be made available. Six months after that we'll shut the servers down and the original Roma Victor will closed for good.
    Now, before people get too upset by this news I must stress that we haven't given up on "Roma Victor 2" by any means. We hope to complete the project according to a more realistic timeline, some time in 2011. But in the meantime we simply don't have the time or resources available to provide the level of communication and regular updates that this community expects of us during these intensive development phases.
    We have therefore decided to wind down the original Roma Victor and concentrate all our efforts on profitable business opportunities for RedBedlam as it's these other projects that will help us raise the funds and acquire the resources required to do RV2 justice. We're hoping that RV2 will be everything we ever wanted RV to be and much, much more. But in order to do that we need to knuckle down, and throw as much into such a project as we can possibly drum up.
    If and when RV2 is finalised, character, equipment and household data from RV will be imported into RV2 just as we've outlined before. We have high hopes for RV2 but we don't want to tease anyone, we don't want to be accused of hyping or misleading anyone and we don't want to set ourselves unrealistic objectives. So we've decided the best way to proceed is to continue to develop RV2 without releasing regular updates about its progress and without trying to simultaneously maintain RV properly as we had been trying to do.
    As and when RV2 is in a state where we feel comfortable releasing information and inviting the community to participate in testing etc. this community will be some of the very first to know. All that really remains for me to say is a huge thank you for staying with us through both good and hard times and we really do hope you'll be around to enjoy RV2 when it's ready.
    We are deeply moved by the passionate support that some of you have demonstrated over the years and immensely grateful for all of your contributions. Please continue to enjoy RV at our expense for as long as we can keep the servers online.
    -KFR

Im sorry to hear this but I expected it to happen. With the very few people playing and the slow going of things getting fixed from day 1. I believe the only reason it held on as long as it did was so that KFR and DGH could work on RV2.

RV2 is likely to be a well done game, and i hope KFR will let me play it =P

-MrDDT

• SmartwhoisSmartwhois Member Posts: 58

The game and website has been down for a few days.

Maybe it's finally been put to rest.

Or maybe it's the developers not even noticing their own game and website is down, which would be par for their course.