Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alganon: Dawning: Expansion Class Changes Preview

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Alganon Systems & Data Designer Josef "Minuvo" Shindler shines some light on some of the class balance changes players can expect with the launch of the game's upcoming first expansion "The Dawning," in this latest preview published on the official Alganon website.

Shindler notes that in general the healers and mages are in a pretty good spot, but they admit that the Ranger and Soldier classes aren't too hot at the moment:

RANGER

There's been a lot of flurry about rangers on the forums. We are listening to your concerns and agree some changes need to be made. One of the first things on our list is to alter how abilities affect your ranged damage. The Predation tree is going to see some huge changes but the overall feel is going to be the same. Additionally you're going to see some higher definition done on group synchronization. We want rangers to be much, much stronger in groups.

SOLDIER

The recent soldier changes are the first step in an effort to develop different play styles for each specialization. We didn't like how anger was really weak at low levels. We didn't like how you could almost ignore it at high levels. The normalization is the first step and you'll be seeing future changes that will make anger generation a strategy of choice instead of necessity

Changes for all four classes are outlined in the full preview which you can read here.

Comments

• misterdurpmisterdurp Member Posts: 157

im so sick of devs calling a big update an 'expansion', while its normal for the crappy f2p korean mmos to call it that way Darkfall followed suit and now this game too. yawn

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663
    Originally posted by parrotpholk

How can you have an expansion when you havent even hard launched yet? This game cant get out of the gate to spite itself.

This game has been released and retailed for a few months now. -_-'

That's not to say it's a good game, but nonetheless, it is in fact released, and from my understanding, in a better state than Darkfall was.

• misterdurpmisterdurp Member Posts: 157

Nah the devs keep insisting they are still in a soft launch (id say that too if my game launched and no1 at all was playing it), im watching the official forums a bit cause im somewhat interested in it, the extremely low pop is the turn off atm.

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Meh, 19 bucks for a soft launch and 30 days free... well I'm bored and already downloading the softlauncher version... btw... not to get off topic but is "soft launch" an slick marketting term for "open beta" launch... like STO?  Meh... anyways I'm bored.. wish me luck.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Have to agree with many of the posters on this thread, how can they call this an expansion when it is just an update.  Anything to get some attention I guess for a game that is just another copy of a copy of a copy.