Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Allod's Online, the best F2P available..

Comments

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by drbaltazar

yes lot of game are removing auto attack .so less auto attack bot .and a bit harder to play it might be the best news i heard today.
    its not the first game since ff14 wont have auto attack the rep said it made ff14 more inerqactive,player will feel less uselless

Yeah, I'm not getting the whole outcry bit from some about games moving away from autoattack.  I don't see what the big deal is if you have to manually control every attack your player does.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• LifedrainLifedrain Member Posts: 13

Whens that come out in the US, in C9 years? While we wait lets looks at the most important part of the game, the fact that I can make my chicks hair different lengths whens its covered by armor! I can't even find a website for the damn Continent of the Ninth.  Foreign MMO's, so unstable here, I could care less if it has amazing graphics. We learned graphics mean nothing from Age of Conan & Aion.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

forget korean gees they are 5 years ahead of us in term of intenret .that will be unplayable on our slow network in america.average joe as 3 mb/sec korean probably got 20 /sec lol.yep it suck .and if we got to their speed it would cost 300 dollar a month for 5 mb cap then its 1 $ for every mb surplus .

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Lifedrain

Whens that come out in the US, in C9 years? While we wait lets looks at the most important part of the game, the fact that I can make my chicks hair different lengths whens its covered by armor! I can't even find a website for the damn Continent of the Ninth.  Foreign MMO's, so unstable here, I could care less if it has amazing graphics. We learned graphics mean nothing from Age of Conan & Aion.

I don't know man.  C9 looks like from a combat standpoint to be pretty sweet.  I'm all about the gameplay far as graphics or art style goes I could care less.

Still, I think Allods is a solid f2p title compared to most other f2ps out there.  I enjoy it anyways.  I think it's at least worth checking out for those that haven't.  It's not going to be everyone's cup 'o tea though.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

yep most do great graphic but on 32 bit lol .if at least they were on 64 bit it would actually be a bit playable lol

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

You may not like those games but people play Aion and Age Of Conan so WE did not learn anything. You learned that you did not like those games so speak for your self and stop trying to speak for everybody. If you like Allods then play what you like. I just had to show you what comming and whats comming makes Allods look already dated.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Allods is definetly one to watch for. I am playing in beta for few months now and i can definetly say its as good as WOW with clear potential to be even better.

If that is what you are looking for.

• KualaBDKualaBD Member UncommonPosts: 131

Yea, I 100% agree. I don't understand why people even play foreign MMO's, they could care less about us, translations are usually terrible too. I've played a ton of foreign F2P MMO's and they're all bad. Yes, AION is bad too. I think Allod's is better than AION, in fact the next best thing to WoW and its free.

Ummm, I do hope you realize Allods IS a foreign MMO...well...unless you're Russian of course.  It's being made in Russia, by a Russian company, and so it also is being translated into English.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Loke666

Sorry but DDO and TCoS are miles better than RoM and Allods.
    They are ok to be F2P not in the same league as the 2 I mentioned.  And there was an official best F2P game a week ago, DDO won that easy.

DDO was a pay to play that couldn't cut it, it became a free to play because of that. DDO isn't that good and I tried it several times in the hopes I may eventually like it, but that just never happened. DDO is meh, decent free to play but nothing great. 

TCoS was another failed pay to play turned free to play in the hopes of saving it. Same deal as DDO, it isn't that good but it makes a decent free to play, but again nothing special. 

Allods is actually a very well done F2P that could make it as a pay to play. The server stability and the lack of bugs are leaps and bounds better than many P2P's at this stage of development and that alone is worth noting. I mean look at STO lol, it's in Open beta and not only can it not keep the servers up but there are some extremely asinine bugs going on currently lol. Not only is the programing and the tech behind Allods pretty solid, it has a good story as well as a good mixture of familiarity and innovation as well as looking fairly good. The game play is simplistic and fun. Hands down Allods outshines DDO, TCoS as well as RoM. 

I did not find DDO or TCoS worth the monthly fee and apparently neither did many others hence why they are now free to plays after originally launching as Pay to Plays :) Allods to me is good enough it could be a pay to play. 

And yes for some ghastly reason DDO made F2P of the year for 2009, but looking at it's competition it's not that surprising I guess considering most of them are down right horrid. 2009 best free to play was a contest of which f2p sucked less lol. 2010 will be a bit steeper with the competition. Allods and DCUO (maybe) should add a bit of quality and fun to the f2p market thats been sorely lacking for awhile. 

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by KualaBD

Yea, I 100% agree. I don't understand why people even play foreign MMO's, they could care less about us, translations are usually terrible too. I've played a ton of foreign F2P MMO's and they're all bad. Yes, AION is bad too. I think Allod's is better than AION, in fact the next best thing to WoW and its free.

Ummm, I do hope you realize Allods IS a foreign MMO...well...unless you're Russian of course.  It's being made in Russia, by a Russian company, and so it also is being translated into English.

EU and NA are pretty much considered the same market as far as MMO's go. With MMO's it's not foreign really unless it's an Eastern game. 

• GreenLanternFanGreenLanternFan Member Posts: 374
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Originally posted by Loke666

Sorry but DDO and TCoS are miles better than RoM and Allods.
    They are ok to be F2P not in the same league as the 2 I mentioned.  And there was an official best F2P game a week ago, DDO won that easy.

DDO was a pay to play that couldn't cut it, it became a free to play because of that. DDO isn't that good and I tried it several times in the hopes I may eventually like it, but that just never happened. DDO is meh, decent free to play but nothing great. 

TCoS was another failed pay to play turned free to play in the hopes of saving it. Same deal as DDO, it isn't that good but it makes a decent free to play, but again nothing special. 

Allods is actually a very well done F2P that could make it as a pay to play. The server stability and the lack of bugs are leaps and bounds better than many P2P's at this stage of development and that alone is worth noting. I mean look at STO lol, it's in Open beta and not only can it not keep the servers up but there are some extremely asinine bugs going on currently lol. Not only is the programing and the tech behind Allods pretty solid, it has a good story as well as a good mixture of familiarity and innovation as well as looking fairly good. The game play is simplistic and fun. Hands down Allods outshines DDO, TCoS as well as RoM. 

I did not find DDO or TCoS worth the monthly fee and apparently neither did many others hence why they are now free to plays after originally launching as Pay to Plays :) Allods to me is good enough it could be a pay to play. 

And yes for some ghastly reason DDO made F2P of the year for 2009, but looking at it's competition it's not that surprising I guess considering most of them are down right horrid. 2009 best free to play was a contest of which f2p sucked less lol. 2010 will be a bit steeper with the competition. Allods and DCUO (maybe) should add a bit of quality and fun to the f2p market thats been sorely lacking for awhile. 

This^

I completely agree with everything you said, every word of it. You hit the nail on the head!

Your fail comment, failed.

• LeucrottaLeucrotta Member Posts: 679

Not many good mmo's left if they have to come from the states only

• WorfWorf Member Posts: 264

I beta tested ALLODS.

- Took WAY too long to kill ONE mob.

- Suffered from very poor camera angles in tight spaces.

- HORRIBLE Lag.

Was killing a mob 2 levels below me... My character died. Used a Health Potion at the PROPER time and was killing the mob on MY screen ONLY to have the game kill my character for NO reason other than extremely laggy. My character was showing skills that I had used 30 seconds before but evidentally didn't forking hit the mob.

Therefore, This game didn't last 2 hours on my PC.

This was one of the WORST MMORPG's that I have ever tried. It wasn't ready for PRE-ALPHA testing.

>:(

• cyandkcyandk Member UncommonPosts: 142

Originally posted by Worf

I beta tested ALLODS.

- HORRIBLE Lag.

Was killing a mob 2 levels below me... My character died. Used a Health Potion at the PROPER time and was killing the mob on MY screen ONLY to have the game kill my character for NO reason other than extremely laggy. My character was showing skills that I had used 30 seconds before but evidentally didn't forking hit the mob.

Therefore, This game didn't last 2 hours on my PC.

This was one of the WORST MMORPG's that I have ever tried. It wasn't ready for PRE-ALPHA testing.

>:(

[Mod Edit]

1) there are camera settings in the option menu. 2) theres no lag for anyone in america, yet to see ANYONE moan about. 3) The game is designed for grouping.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

• TyrrhonTyrrhon Member Posts: 412
    Originally posted by Worf

I beta tested ALLODS.

- HORRIBLE Lag.

The early game experience is really slow. Thing is a) the stats are incredibly important and on this level you have hardly any b) this is cash shop game but you have no cash shop boosters like runes or perfume buff while the tuning is the same as later stages and assumes you have c) some of the mainstay skills are left for late levels.

Tight spaces should be just left out of games. It is too much work for little gain. Then again this game has gibberlings which is also waste of resources for no real gain (and it again makes apparent they were ambitious but end up being cheap).

Lag is pretty good - for F2P. It can get laggy at times but it usually does not hamper the experince much (the lag is not obvious but it gives strage feelings something is amiss). The slow combat helps to mitigate effect of lag. Won't do PvP with this lag but then again won't do PvP in level and gear based F2P (pay2pwn).

But this is all nitpicking really.

Game is good. Few if any bugs, rich customization, well made world.

There is one thing where F2Ps trump P2Ps: to cut down on operating costs those game as released as much finished and with as little bugs as possible.

• chiegechiege Member Posts: 76

Been doing some PVP in the Arena area (Big shield with an A on your map).  You get close to the arena and your war flag turns on so you can PVP with anyone in your faction, friends, friendlies, etc...  It's not just a duel, it's anyone who walks near or into the arena.  PVP was great and didn't notice any lag at all.  In fact, haven't experienced much lag in the game.  Anyway, the PVP has satisfied my question about what PVP would be like.  It's fun and very equal, at least at my level. 

• GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418

I don't know what you people are playing but Alldos is a mediocre World of Warcraft Wan-a-be Clone. RoM blows this game out of the water.

I agree that DDO is the Best F2P MMO out there {you don’t need the additional Races to Play} I have not Played TCoS so I can not comment to that.

Alldos is not a well put together game at all. If you like it? Great. Enjoy. To each their own I guess

• notsurenotsure Member Posts: 39

Allods is far from being a finished product but then again it still is in beta phase , that being said to my experience only the noob area is laggy since more people gave it a try recently for cbt4 the rest of the game is pretty much lag free.

The leveling isnt so bad since its more quests driven than a grind fest like other mmo out there , you can get a level and a half or so each day in the important levels neway , yes leveling pre 10 is long but you shoudlnt judge the game simply on that take it more as a guided tour.

As far as pvp fights go theres almost no lag even in intense battles of 20 ,classes need some balancing and adjustment but overall dont judge the game on the earlly levels give it an honest try.

Like it or hate it your call , just dont call it a wow clone or pay 2 win because it has some elements from that old fart of a game and before the cash shop even goes live.Graphicly the game is much better than any f2p out there and comes close to some p2p.

Originally posted by notsure

Graphicly the game is much better than any f2p out there and comes close to some p2p.

DDO blows it away graphically. By far.

• dannydeucedannydeuce Member Posts: 310
    Originally posted by Mannish Are you dense or something? I did not ask you anything about Aion. I am asking you what makes Allods the best FTP out and yet you still have not answered that question. You are listing me some of the features that sound the same as any mmo which does not mean anything. What makes it a AAA FTP thats raising the bar? What is this game doing different? From what I saw Its just another item mall go kill x, go fetch x thats been done over and over. I will give the game props on the graphics but thats all it gets. It has the worst combat of any mmo in history. The chcarater models are bland and generic. Sound effects are horrible and  very low quaility. The game is nonthing special.

It's not really raising the bar in anything, but it does feel polished and it does feel like a FTP game that will attract many people.  One it has decent enough graphics, decent enough gameplay, decent enough lore, decent enough crafting, and so on.  It's a decent game that is free, which is appealing.  It has a pretty huge world with free roam and such as well.  The ship fighting thing seems interesting too, just haven't tried it.

Doing different?  Probably has the PTP features and standards in a FTP format.  Not for everyone, but people would pay for this game I have no doubt.  I guess the ship fighting thing is different and they do have a few unique races I've never seen in a game before.

Quest lines do seem a bit bland, so I agree.

Worst combat in mmo history?  Really?  You really think that?  I guess you haven't played the amount of games I've played because it's far from the worst.  Come on man.  Those statements look foolish.

The character models, in FTP standards, are quite amazing.  They are decent when compared to PTP games. 

Sound effects is something I dont really pay attention to.  I guess I'll have to check em out next time I play.

I think this game will do quite well, but I am unsure on how long I personally will play it.  Is it the game of my dreams?  Nope.  Will it be something fun to explore and try out perhaps.  Sure why not.

It's not really raising the bar in anything, but it does feel polished and it does feel like a FTP game that will attract many people. One it has decent enough graphics, decent enough gameplay, decent enough lore, decent enough crafting, and so on. It's a decent game that is free, which is appealing. It has a pretty huge world with free roam and such as well. The ship fighting thing seems interesting too, just haven't tried it.   {Bull}

Doing different? Probably has the PTP features and standards in a FTP format. Not for everyone, but people would pay for this game I have no doubt. I guess the ship fighting thing is different and they do have a few unique races I've never seen in a game before. {I will give you this one}

Quest lines do seem a bit bland, so I agree.

Worst combat in mmo history? Really? You really think that? I guess you haven't played the amount of games I've played because it's far from the worst. Come on man. Those statements look foolish.  {Agree}

The character models, in FTP standards, are quite amazing. They are decent when compared to PTP games.   {Bull}

Sound effects is something I dont really pay attention to. I guess I'll have to check em out next time I play.

I think this game will do quite well, but I am unsure on how long I personally will play it. Is it the game of my dreams? Nope. Will it be something fun to explore and try out perhaps. Sure why not.

• tehikktehikk Member Posts: 497

I've only found two games that are F2P that worth it.

Mabinogi(Not Heroes) and Allods.

DDO I found boring and repetitive, and Mabinogi Heroes looks like another Aion fiasco.

Both of those games offer much more fun than the majority of F2P games.

"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy?" - Albert Einstein

• chiegechiege Member Posts: 76
    Originally posted by Giddian

It's not really raising the bar in anything, but it does feel polished and it does feel like a FTP game that will attract many people. One it has decent enough graphics, decent enough gameplay, decent enough lore, decent enough crafting, and so on. It's a decent game that is free, which is appealing. It has a pretty huge world with free roam and such as well. The ship fighting thing seems interesting too, just haven't tried it.   {Bull}
    Doing different? Probably has the PTP features and standards in a FTP format. Not for everyone, but people would pay for this game I have no doubt. I guess the ship fighting thing is different and they do have a few unique races I've never seen in a game before. {I will give you this one}
    Quest lines do seem a bit bland, so I agree.
    Worst combat in mmo history? Really? You really think that? I guess you haven't played the amount of games I've played because it's far from the worst. Come on man. Those statements look foolish.  {Agree}
    The character models, in FTP standards, are quite amazing. They are decent when compared to PTP games.   {Bull}
    Sound effects is something I dont really pay attention to. I guess I'll have to check em out next time I play.
    I think this game will do quite well, but I am unsure on how long I personally will play it. Is it the game of my dreams? Nope. Will it be something fun to explore and try out perhaps. Sure why not.

What's your deal man?  It's these kind of negative posts I just don't understand.  Are you fearful of losing fellow players in DDO?  Is that why you don't like Allods? 

It's FREE.  You know, people are going to try it despite what anyone says.... Why?  BECAUSE IT'S FREE.  No need to call BULL, no one is going to give 2 cents about your opinion anyway cause they'll try it cause it's FREE.  Get it?  It's FREE.  As in, free to download, free to play, no money required.  Get it?  FREE.  Ef, Are, Eee, Eee.  FREE.

• ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

For the people complaining about Foreign games cater to "Foreign Gamers" you do know this is a Russian game right.. unless they got bought out completed last I checked in Beta it was pretty Russian.....

From a unbias point of view I have to agree DDO is a much more polished FTP than Allods will ever be. I played DDO for 5 levels and hated the system but the game itself I can see alot of people enjoying. While on Allods The first 10-15 level to me felt like playing WoW all over again with difference races and similar classes. 

Are we so desperate to play something new, that people are willing to hype up this polished turd?