Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reasons for Unsubscribing

2»

Comments

• BEMotormouthBEMotormouth Member Posts: 18

The infantry could do with an overhaul. It's been discussed at length and I think it might make it into the 2010 plan. Not sure, though.

The coders have been tackling some of the more irritating bugs that customers have been reporting. The problem is, if staff can't replicate it, they have no way of tracking it down.

I'm hopeful that we'll be able to announce the 1.31 Open Beta very soon. Once that's out and customer feedback gives us the thumbs up, we can move onto the Whiteboard and hammer out a plan for the next year or so.

• inchfaninchfan Member Posts: 2

I''m currently subbed, but haven't played in a year due to disatisfaction with the game.

I've been subbed since early 2002 and now just stay because I enjoy OT.

My biggest gripe was not what is mentioned above.  The cornflakes, the graphics, the AI quirks etc are all part of the goofy experience.  The gameplay is what got me addicted, the community is what got me addicted.  The natural evolution of teamwork is what got me addicted.

The TOE and Bridgade "enhancement" ruined all of that.  It took squads and teamwork out of the game.  The time back when, when you and your squad had xx towns to defend, or attack and be responsible for made for great gameplay.  TOE and brigades took all that away.  Now it's just a shoebox game on a big map.

If they just took away the brigade and TOE crap the game would surge again. 

• BEMotormouthBEMotormouth Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by inchfan

I''m currently subbed, but haven't played in a year due to disatisfaction with the game.

My biggest gripe was not what is mentioned above.  The cornflakes, the graphics, the AI quirks etc are all part of the goofy experience.  The gameplay is what got me addicted, the community is what got me addicted.  The natural evolution of teamwork is what got me addicted.

The TOE and Bridgade "enhancement" ruined all of that.  It took squads and teamwork out of the game.  The time back when, when you and your squad had xx towns to defend, or attack and be responsible for made for great gameplay.  TOE and brigades took all that away.  Now it's just a shoebox game on a big map.

You've got people that feel that but I also remember a whole crap load of people that hated that. You would inevitably end up with squads that would not budge from their Area of Operations to help move the map elsewhere. I read a lot of forum posts in the past that felt that Mega Squads killed the game.

It's a juggling act and a half trying to manage all the varying opinions and demands of the players. Everyone has their own idea of how they think the game should work.

It's always a work in progress. As long as the servers are running, devs and producers will be working at ways to improve what we've got.

• SzyporynSzyporyn Member Posts: 122

Originally posted by BEMotormouth

You've got people that feel that but I also remember a whole crap load of people that hated that. You would inevitably end up with squads that would not budge from their Area of Operations to help move the map elsewhere. I read a lot of forum posts in the past that felt that Mega Squads killed the game.
    It's a juggling act and a half trying to manage all the varying opinions and demands of the players. Everyone has their own idea of how they think the game should work.
    It's always a work in progress. As long as the servers are running, devs and producers will be working at ways to improve what we've got.

You have a crap load of people LEFT in the game who did not like that, thats how it sounds like the majority wanted this.

All those who left due to this - they are not heard, and were the majority.

To be honest I dont see that many names from back 2002 anymore - not in-game anyways.

I served in AHC in 2002 and onwards, and I had extensive knowledge of players in my Division (I served in BEF 1. Division) and I am NOT talking about random knowledge, I really had in-depth knowledge of the various squads members even.

The only ones who did not like the way of those days were the french who were the "low-pop" back then.

BEF LOVED this way of doing it, and those who are saying anything else on WWIIol forums are the left over ones who did not get pissed and left.

See a lot of 2005 and onwards joiners who do like the new way.

Think its time CRS lets the player base know right out WHAT your intentions are, and if some of us might be wasting time and money.

Who is this game to be for? For the military interested non-teen? or for the teenie shooter? I would really like to know actually, have also been a subscriber for lengthy periods of time when not playing.

• PaukerPauker Member Posts: 60

I fully agree with you in this - but CRS will not go away from TOE crap, thats why I have absolutly no intention to spent more money there. I will let my subs running out - its the only way players can show CRS that they don´t agree with their game-evolution. Real sad, because it was once the best game ever!

• DrOrpheusDrOrpheus Member Posts: 46

edited: pointless rant about the game :)

• levsixlevsix Member UncommonPosts: 363

One thing I would LOVE to see fixed is rewarding players for delivering ammo, towing guns, and other such support activities.  Many of the complaints in this thread are valid. I have been playing off and on since launch day in 2001. The game has come a long way and I am hoping the big engine upgrade and changes will help.

For 5 bucks a month I would never unsubscribe. It is overpriced when the cost is stacked up against the population and what the game has to offer these days. I mean, who pays for an MMO to have downtime where nothing matters or counts, or where there are huge spans of time where you can't do anything but run for miles just to find one enemy? The game feels like a traveling simulator way too often.

I should add that when this game is GOOD it is really, really good...but when it is bad it is f'ing horrible.

Have a winner and don't go on a game over! Does your avatar make you powerful in real life? Check out the Mystical Enders gaming community. www.mysticalenders.com

• antipropaantipropa Member Posts: 21

Yes, when it was good it was damn good.  Now i've seen more fighting on forums then in game.