Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How worth it is the Station Pass on SOE?

johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

Just curious what everyone thinks. I just started up on Vanguard recently and am really enjoying it. However, I am looking into the Station Pass so that I could possibly foray into other games if I ever needed a break and it would be pretty easily to do so with a Station Pass, I'd think.

Yeah, just wondering if anyone here really thinks it's worth it.

Comments

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Just remember you need to own any game your trying to play through the pass aswell.

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663
    Originally posted by Gabby-air

Just remember you need to own any game your trying to play through the pass aswell.

I've come to that understanding. Yet, with SOE games dropping in price consistently, it's not much of a barrier anymore. >.>

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Seeing as you get simultaneous access to a plethora of games for only the price of two standard monthly subscriptions, it's certainly a good deal.  The question is, how likely are you to play other games published by SOE?

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

I was considering it, but then I realized it's not really that feasible to play 3 MMOs at once (even if only 2 are casually).  To get the true benefit of it you need to play at least 3 Sony Online games and play them a lot... otherwise it's not really worth it.  If you think you can it's a great deal, but I don't know anyone who can really get a good value from it by playing 3 or more MMOs enough to warrent paying for the Station access.

Originally posted by SuperXero89

Seeing as you get simultaneous access to a plethora of games for only the price of two standard monthly subscriptions, it's certainly a good deal.  The question is, how likely are you to play other games published by SOE?

RIght. Thanks for the opinion. =D

As for that question...still thinking, lol.

• zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746
    Originally posted by SuperXero89

The question is, how likely are you to play other games published by SOE?

This ^

Ultimately, if you're going to play 2 or more games by them, then go for it, since it only equals out to two subs.  (Been a while since I played an SOE game, but pretty sure my math is right.)

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Maybe I'm mistaken, but aren't all SoE games free at least in some form?  I know you can play Everquest II without buying Shadow Odyssey just fine, and I'm pretty sure EQ is the same way.  Sure you still have to pay for the latest expansions, but unless you have a max level account you probably won't have to worry about them.

Originally posted by Magnum2103

Maybe I'm mistaken, but aren't all SoE games free at least in some form?  I know you can play Everquest II without buying Shadow Odyssey just fine, and I'm pretty sure EQ is the same way.  Sure you still have to pay for the latest expansions, but unless you have a max level account you probably won't have to worry about them.

I know I didn't pay for VG when I activated through SOE, and it's still $39.95 on D2D!

In any case, I'm looking into PotBS to play kinda casually and maybe Planetside since I haven't played a really good FPS in a while.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by johnmatthais

Just curious what everyone thinks. I just started up on Vanguard recently and am really enjoying it. However, I am looking into the Station Pass so that I could possibly foray into other games if I ever needed a break and it would be pretty easily to do so with a Station Pass, I'd think.
    Yeah, just wondering if anyone here really thinks it's worth it.

This what i forgot about until the other day,it caught my eye.

I think this is a very good reason why they added a great game like Vanguard,it makes the station pass very reasonable ,if you have a lot of time to play.What i would suggest is taking the trial first of a game,because they tend to give you several expacs for free,plus you'll get the free 14 or 30 days what ever the trial is.Then upgrade to station pass and you'll get to  keep the expacs.

Personally i like EQ2 and VG a lot ,but i am playing EQ2 for now and it is so time consuming that i could never play both at the same time.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

I really enjoy having the Station Pass. It allows me to pop in and out of the various games whenever I want. Some months I'll just play one game and peek into some of the others for an hour or two. Other months I'll rejoin friends or old clan mates for a while in games I don't normally play. Another little bonus is that you accumulate the veteran rewards for all of the games on the Pass, so every now and then it's fun to log into Vanguard, EQ2 and PotBS to redeem the various accumulated awards.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

Since you are coming from Vanguard, one point to consider is that a station pass account will give you an additional 4 character slots in Vanguard.   If I understand correctly, a station pass would count as your monthly subscription even if you initially get the game as a free trial (most of Sony's MMOs have a 14 day free trial available).  Also if you think you may want tp dabble in The Agency or DCUO. having a station pass would make it a lot cheaper to check them out.

Originally posted by osmunda

Since you are coming from Vanguard, one point to consider is that a station pass account will give you an additional 4 character slots in Vanguard.   If I understand correctly, a station pass would count as your monthly subscription even if you initially get the game as a free trial (most of Sony's MMOs have a 14 day free trial available).  Also if you think you may want tp dabble in The Agency or DCUO. having a station pass would make it a lot cheaper to check them out.

This is true. Any info on when The Agency and DCUO are being released?

Not anytime soon that would make the pass worth it if that's your intention.

Not anytime soon that would make the pass worth it if that's your intention.

No. It wasn't. Like I said, I was going more for PotBS/VG/PS

I was just wondering.

It really just depends on your playstyle, i like to dedicate myself to one game when i find a good enough one and when i don't play that  i usually play a single player or fps game. So just ask yourself this, do you really think your getting your money's worth and would you really have the time to play all the games?

Btw i would recommend playing potbs after seeing how the new expansion and server merge goes because at this point it seems it might just die off if those two get screwed up.