Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Grade Would You Give This Game?

1235»

Comments

• MirrandorMirrandor Member UncommonPosts: 55

C... C- at best. It's an average game that will appeal to the trekkies, but not much else.

If it gets some much needed love I can see it being a B- game. I just don't feel it has the depth needed for a full Star Trek MMO.

I've been a trekkie since I was in diapers, but this game is more for people who want quick action. It plays almost exactly like Champions Online, and I hate that. CO was boring to me. Horribly boring.

The ship combat, is alright. I guess the 3D combat makes it special, but it's a standard ship combat simulator (which is like any ship combat simulator (read: Pirates of the Burning Sea)).

I guess I was hoping for something with a real Star Trek feel, not a comic book feel.

• RansomDentonRansomDenton Member Posts: 111

My opinion is a solid D. I have played it, found too many errors, too much lore breaking, too much simplicity and too much idiotic scenarios. I mean if 3 BORG cannot beat down an unarmed civilian in 10 minutes (wow what a rip off from CoX) then what the hell? I am sorry I see some okay things in the game but all in all it just is no fun. I applaud those that love it and support them but there is no way I would recommend this game to anyone.

• BaffaBaffa Member Posts: 37

I give this game a D, it just lacks depth and trying to fool a 30+ year old trekkie with this shallow game, well, it's not gonna happen. The only reason it doesn't get F is because the space battles to a very slight degree behaves like star fleet command and that was a great game a couple of years ago.

Then the 1 shard idea doesn't work either, you will see that annoying hotbar click delay and rubberband effects if you happen to live outside US (or even in US according to both champion online and star trek online forums). I stopped playing champions online because of the lag after 5-6 pm I would get unbearable lag spikes and random disconnects and those at cryptic studios just blamed every ISP in the whole wide world for the problem and there is absolutly no way their servers could be causing any problems.. yeah right.

• recsarecsa Member Posts: 13

I was tempted to give it a D, but finally went for F, the game is in too many ways a failure, if it were not Star Trek franchise i would have give it a D, but i have the feeling that Cryptic made it soooo fast and soooo simple because they wre only interested on picking up the easy cash from Star Trek fans, decissions like removing crafting, or not implementing a permanent world you can visit shows they had no interest on building a succesfull MMORPG, just easy cash, so ........ F

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by Shastra

Originally posted by comerb

I will give it (A)
    Lots of fun and challenge in game for my satisfaction. Can't wait till Deep Space Nine open ups. This website is notorious for its negativety so i am not surprised by C and D scores.

Notorious for negatvity of bad games.  Take a look at any "good" game on this site, the positive feedback and comments always outweigh the negatives.  Only the bad games end up having largely negative reactions.

Every single MMO on this website has more negative topics then positive. I guess we are reading different forums.

Too true. World of Warcraft has been the highest selling game for five years yet it seems to have the biggest hate rage of all the games on this site. You can't judge how "good" a game is from negative posts. Not every game is for everyone.For some though it seems like the attitude is "No game is good for me and I don't want anyone else playing what I don't like."As soon as this game is launched, most of the haters will move over to TOR or any of the other new games in development.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

D at best. 

• whpshwhpsh Member Posts: 199

Regardless of the overall tone of post on this site in general, it doesn't invalidate the constructive ones, either for the positive or negative.

I try to read both as often as possible, and then skip the bandwagon posts.

But for this game, a professional game reviewer on this site said if it wasn't Star Trek it'd be a horrible game. Well, all I got out of it was: "This sucks ... but I'm in a Miranda class so it's cool. This sucks ... but I'm in an 'X' Star Trek ship, so it's cool."

That translates to "This sucks" to me since I'm not all that inspired by the Star Trek ships. At least not $15/month inspired.

And yes, I've played and watched my friends play the beta. The most inspired of us (the guy that found it for the group several years ago) made it to Lt Commander over a weekend and hasn't touched it since. The fact that people anticipating the game for years can't even make it through a weekend of play should also speak volumes.

But that's us.

• Originally posted by scuubeedoo

Instances, quests, auction house and it is solo focused: All the things i hate in MMOs. I am not sure why i gave it a D and not a straight F.

If you don't like instances, quests, or auction houses you must play UO and not any other MMo on the market.

But wait UO has so few people playing it is truly solo focused as well.

Wait I get it you don't even play MMos! Got me there for a second thinking.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

Solid B.  Only reasons for not giving an A are the loading screens and lack of massive social areas available with more than 50 people.  Those are somewhat offset by the fact that there is far less "travel time" required in between action (and none at all if you're doing PVP).  Everything else is really great though.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

C - did the open beta stint.   Game is just not all it should be.    ::sigh::  I will not be buying this game.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by namelessbob

Originally posted by scuubeedoo

Instances, quests, auction house and it is solo focused: All the things i hate in MMOs. I am not sure why i gave it a D and not a straight F.

If you don't like instances, quests, or auction houses you must play UO and not any other MMo on the market.

But wait UO has so few people playing it is truly solo focused as well.

Wait I get it you don't even play MMos! Got me there for a second thinking.

You want to know a funny fact? UO still has around 100k subs, guess how many subs CO has? Your looking at around 20-30% of the subs UO has max :)

13ish year old game still pwning many of these newer ones lol. AoC is doing better than CO but even it is hovering around UO's subs XD. 

Wait... what was the point you were trying to make again?

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

9 of 10

K of 9

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

I'm feeling generous... a D. This is one of the biggest names in entertainment history, and they screwed it over.

• mezlabormezlabor Member Posts: 133

@ Grayghost I'm curious to know where you got those numbers from.

As for the thread. I rated it an F. The game is boring and lacks any depth. The map feels small and claustrophobic which is a really impressive feat when you think about how vast and large space is....

• NesrieNesrie Member Posts: 648
    Originally posted by ktanner3

Every single MMO on this website has more negative topics then positive. I guess we are reading different forums.

Too true. World of Warcraft has been the highest selling game for five years yet it seems to have the biggest hate rage of all the games on this site. You can't judge how "good" a game is from negative posts. Not every game is for everyone.For some though it seems like the attitude is "No game is good for me and I don't want anyone else playing what I don't like."As soon as this game is launched, most of the haters will move over to TOR or any of the other new games in development.

It's not the game WoW that is hated so much as the community members that shows up on other sites and still talk as if WoW is original and the first of anything. It reminds me of my little sister who told me she was unhappy that Lord of the Rings copied Harry Potter... yeah, I like her so I informed her of her error politely. Some people seem to forget the world didn't start when they were born and started getting interested in things.

parrotpholk-Because we all know the miracle patch fairy shows up the night before release and sprinkles magic dust on the server to make it allllll better.

• M03BIUSM03BIUS Member Posts: 4

The only thing I like in this game so far is the character creation... I made a small little grey alien like the ones from xfiles :P.. that was fun :D

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

The bell curve doesn't look good.. Time for a new teacher :)  oops I mean developer..

• waveslayerwaveslayer Member UncommonPosts: 507

A solid B, will probably go higher after it has a year or 2 to get plenty of content updates, maybe it deserves an A though just becuase it is chasing away all the WoWdiots.

Godz of War I call Thee

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

I can not grade it yet because it would be unfair to do so without having actually played the release. Putting a rating on a beta is just not my style.

• wolfingwolfing Member UncommonPosts: 149

up to last weekend, I would have given it a C, but after this week's patch that killed space combat (the only 'fun' part of the game imho), I give it a clear F

• CerionCerion Member Posts: 1,005

C+

Games I'm watching: Infinity: The Quest for Earth, Force of Arms.

Find the Truth: http://www.factcheck.org/

• yumpinyiminiyumpinyimini Member UncommonPosts: 81

So now that the game has released..any changes in opinions?

• KellsKells Member Posts: 65
    Originally posted by Nesrie

Originally posted by ktanner3

It's not the game WoW that is hated so much as the community members that shows up on other sites and still talk as if WoW is original and the first of anything. It reminds me of my little sister who told me she was unhappy that Lord of the Rings copied Harry Potter... yeah, I like her so I informed her of her error politely. Some people seem to forget the world didn't start when they were born and started getting interested in things.

That is funny!

• Dru998Dru998 Member CommonPosts: 85

A solid "D", it was fun at first. Although I wish I could have gave it a "F" for pressing the "F key" way to much in game .

_____________________________________________________________________________________
    Science has never proven that what we see in front of us is in fact real.