Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures: Rise of the Godslayer Factions, Part Two

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Yesterday, MMORPG.com revealed the first group of factions revealed to us by Funcom for their upcoming Rise of the Godslayer expansion. Today, we reveal the second group.

Scholars of Cheng-Ho

The Scholars of Cheng-Ho used to rule the city of Shaulun. In the slender towers of the city, they used seeing-glasses to peer upon the face of their beloved goddess. In the darker times of the month, they summoned her servants, the Moon Children, a species of mischievous spirits who dwell in the underworld. The vast amounts of money being paid out by the opposing sides in the conflict have led to huge economic pressure on those living in the neutral city of Shaulun. As a result, the Scholars have been pushed from their homes. Pretending false sympathy, the Warlord of Gun Hai lured them north to his city. But the Warlord betrayed them and enslaved the Moon Children, refusing to allow them to return to the underworld. The Scholars were put to work in the city, creating potions and war machines for his use.

Read Rise of the Godslayer Factions, Part Two.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• DarkjinxterDarkjinxter Member Posts: 174

We seem to be getting more articles than we really need on the expansion this past two days*. I feel it would have been better it was all together in a single article as the posts being made will be scattered all over the place.

*that's five on the page right now!!

[Disclaimer : I play AoC mainly because I am a fan of RE Howard's Conan stories, and the excellent community that exists on the server Crom]

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

Ya a compliation article of the expansion will come into place down the road, just not right now since the ball is already rolling of how they are posting the articles.

for all we know avery (as judicious he can be) will more likely put together comp article of the expansion before the staff does.

• fedfiercefedfierce Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Originally posted by Darkjinxter

We seem to be getting more articles than we really need on the expansion this past two days*. I feel it would have been better it was all together in a single article as the posts being made will be scattered all over the place.

[Disclaimer : I play AoC mainly because I am a fan of RE Howard's Conan stories, and the excellent community that exists on the server Crom]

Just wondering, why do you need a disclaimer after your post?

• Deadman87Deadman87 Member Posts: 253
    Originally posted by fedfierce

Because playing AoC makes you this horrible fanboi that adores Funcom and it's gruesome schemes to irritate, swindle and torture those who venture into their virtual realms. And he's totally not one of the aforementioned persons. He's just there for the lore (and virtual SEX).

It is preferable not to travel with a dead man.

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Are the fan-bois really looking forward to faction farming?

Seems like a very easy and cheap way to keep people entertained.

• DarkjinxterDarkjinxter Member Posts: 174

Because.....

I am NOT playing AoC because I think the grahics are great, the gameplay is great, the design is great, the endgame is great, the crafting is great etc. but mainly for the reasons stated in the disclaimer.

I notice Amazing Avery is not using a 'disclaimer' on his AoC posts, presumably for similar reasons. :D

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

I think the grahics are great, the gameplay is great, the design is great, the endgame is great, the crafting is great etc 

1 out of 4.

Graphics are great..but the rest,  you'd have to be on Class A's

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by sadeyx

I think the grahics are great, the gameplay is great, the design is great, the endgame is great, the crafting is great etc 

1 out of 4.

Graphics are great..but the rest,  you'd have to be on Class A's

There's actually five, and I'd give them all a nod besides crafting and endgame. Was a very good game in my opinion, but you can only hang out in Khesh for so long before it drains you of all hope. Crafting was never a strong point to the game, so i won't even go over what I think they did wrong with it. Otherwise, a very fun game to play, and PvP was great (if not for the funneling into one zone).

On the other hand, maybe this expansion will bring a little life into "where" PvP happens by adding a few more lvl 80 zones. Hopefully there won't be much zone redundancy in this expansion, would be pointless to add more 20-60 zones. Oh, what ever happened to the siege towers thing too? Always wondered what became of it.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• gekkothegreygekkothegrey Member Posts: 236

Anyone playing this I am curious how this game is now. I played when it was released the first 20 lvl's where great, but right after that it went off a cliff.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Because.....

I am NOT playing AoC because I think the grahics are great, the gameplay is great, the design is great, the endgame is great, the crafting is great etc. but mainly for the reasons stated in the disclaimer.

I notice Amazing Avery is not using a 'disclaimer' on his AoC posts, presumably for similar reasons. :D

Didn't you know?  Avery got suckered by Cryptic and bought a lifetime sub of STO!

Where the world has come to. tsk!