Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do I need to redownload

Hello,

I haven't played in quite a while. I was thinking of coming back. My patcher won't load it says no internet connection. I know this isn't true because  I am online even as I type this. I was wondering since the new version is out do I need to redownload it? Just curious.

Thanks,

Dustin

Comments

• AndraxxAndraxx Member UncommonPosts: 256

Yes, you need to do a download and install of the new version. The old one doesn't patch to the new.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Most companies that release clients for download take advantage of it and update the client they offer to download.  This allows them to do 2 things.  First the customer won't have to download all those patches and potentially mess up their client which is the obvious one.  Second it allows them to delete old patches that are already applied and free up potential bandwidth, which is they factor you are noticing right now.

Redownloading it will probably be better for you anyways.  You would have a clean client and probably won't have the disconnect issues some others have been having.

Also make sure the proper exceptions are made to your firewall and administrative privledges.

• fatenabu1fatenabu1 Member Posts: 381

So i have redownloaded, and reinstalled so the game runs great on my new pc.  They have changed the game though and also no more region chat for free??? that sucks, I am still willing to play if i can get a guild to chat with while i play. I hate playing MMOs without having anyone to talkt to.

Dustin

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Paid region chat is awesome.  You don't hear this every few seconds "Get the best gold prices at [Some Web Address], additional big block of text"

• fatenabu1fatenabu1 Member Posts: 381

yea  i understand the purpose behind the idea of region chat but it makes the game not too mmo like when I am out in the middle of no where killing stuff lol.  I enjoy chatting in an mmo. The game has the security password to log in. I would think they would make it to difficult for gold spamming bots to log in. Or make it easy to just block them via  a black list or something. I like the way runes of magic does it. Zone chat is free, but world chat is pay to use.

Dustin