Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So is there still no drug dealing or prostitution, AKA crime for criminals to do?

Comments

• tehikktehikk Member Posts: 497

I believe prostitution and drug dealing is not necessary. As it is, someone people will not buy this game because you can shoot anyone you damn well want to.

"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy?" - Albert Einstein

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

I think the point of his post is to make people realize that they obviously don't want to put all crimes in the game. 

• WaffleslolWaffleslol Member Posts: 3

I haven't really fleshed out the idea in my head, but I can see why they would be beneficial to the game.

As it stands, the game is just going to be an ongoing game of GTA IV with a little more customization but could also be a little less fun.

[As a cop] You log on, drive around, see someone doing something dodgy or get thrown into a mission. You kill everything at the scene. You're done.

[As a Criminal] You log on, find something dodgy to do or get thrown into a mission. You kill everything at the scene and collect your money. You're done.

There just doesn't seem much to do besides robberies which is basically the game's PvE followed by a car chase.

Prostitution and drugs should be thought of more as an economy. People in your employ, or product you sell nets you cash for upgrades/guns and for your little group to become more nefarious.

It's not 1930. You can't became famous here anymore by holding a monopoly on 7/11 robberies.

EDIT: By the way; To the people who took it to mean that you roleplay a prostitute in the game.... seriously?

• BinkoBinko Member Posts: 267
    Originally posted by tehikk

I believe prostitution and drug dealing is not necessary. As it is, someone people will not buy this game because you can shoot anyone you damn well want to.

I might be wrong, but I don't think we can shoot the first guy we meet ingame. I think it's a special zone for that. other zones will be locked for others to attack etc. 

Played:
    From Earth & Beyond, Anarchy Online, Matrix Online, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Age of Conan, Tabula Rasa (Beta), EvE Online, City of Villians, Atlantica Online, Guild Wars, Lineage 2, Pirates of the Burning Sea, PlanetSide, RF Online, Second Life, Fallen Earth.

Drugs or no drugs, the problem with this game might be that it's not a MMORPG.

I don't even know why it's on this site.

Played:
    From Earth & Beyond, Anarchy Online, Matrix Online, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Age of Conan, Tabula Rasa (Beta), EvE Online, City of Villians, Atlantica Online, Guild Wars, Lineage 2, Pirates of the Burning Sea, PlanetSide, RF Online, Second Life, Fallen Earth.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Deleted User

Funny how murder is ok but drugs is so horrible it can't be in game. What is wrong with people. 
    Drugs would be a way to build and reason to maintain criminal empires It would be a great way to have gang turf fighting and police raids on drug houses.
    as far as hookers....who cares. I don't need some online perv game. Maybe have it in some abstract sense to add to your criminal empire income.

Robbing banks and/or gun running are just as viable ways to "maintain a criminal empire".  What about extortion? Laundering? So on and so forth...

People always look for any excuse to whine about what they think should be in any given game, and those excuses are almost always horrible ones.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

It's not a mmorpg, so I think it will just be missions like in GTA and when your done with it you get more zone or whatever... a little like catch the flag.

I'm not even sure if you can own a place in this game. It looks more like PvP on the street inside cars or on foot.

I don't think this will be ingame... but anyway... It would be cool if you could own apartments, start with a poor looking and then work your way up. The better the place is, the more options you get.

And inside that one you can make drugs, weapons or whatever and then try sell it on the street. If you make too much the police will get a message that somewhere in X building there is a X crime going on. The person making the X crime will also get a message that the police are on him/her and boom it might turn into a nice gunfight inside that building.

The Police will only get info that it's a crime, not how many criminals inside. So it's up to that Police patrol to call for backup or not. I think that would be fun.

Played:

• GenoknightGenoknight Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by IronHead

ofcourse there will be prostitution, here's how it works.  simply start your female charachter, give her as much fur as possible with as much skin showing as possible, stand on a corner and tell your fellow criminals they look very handsome today.

Win

• InteritusInteritus Member UncommonPosts: 236
    Originally posted by hvc801
    Selling drugs and pimping hoes is a crime.  In a game about crime, there should be these aspects.  Stop thinking morally and think virtually. 

And you need to stop thinking like a consumer and more like a company.  People keep insisting on comparing this game to GTA, so let's do that.  Remember the history of GTA. Especially some of the newer ones where there was prostitues and drugs.  People went up in arms about it. Condeming it and blowing it out of proportion. It was made to seem much worse then it actually worse.

Luckily though Rockstar was an already established company, so they managed to get through it. 

Now say you are a new company like say,  Realtime Worlds. Can you afford that sort of negative publicity?  There is a line where certain people will tolerate games. But once they pass that line they'll do an all out attack on it. Robbing a bank or stealing a car, regardless if it's only virtual. Is far more acceptable in these peoples eyes then including drugs or prostitution. These people are on both the left and right, and there are lots of them.  As much as people might think it's a cool addition to the game, it's unacceptableto expect Realtime Worlds to put this content in. They don't have the fanbase to weather a blitz of negative media.  

People need to drop this, because as long as there are people who will loudly protest against virtual prostitution/drugs, they won't release the material. And you people have nothing to say about that, unless it's your money or reputation on the line, you have to shut up sit back and take what the game offers. Because it's stupid  to ask them to risk millions for added content that would have unknown impacts on the game

• BlankFrankBlankFrank Member Posts: 13

That attitude is precisely why no one will care about this game.

It's a game about CRIME.  C R I M E.

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688
    Originally posted by Coman

Originally posted by Conley

I heard that this game was supposed to be a GTA-clone MMO. But a GTA type game without drugs and prostitution is like a fantasy game without swords and sorcery.  Completely pointless.

Why? The drugs and prostitute stuff in GTA are either story line or consist of pickup/dropoff missions, with can easily be replaced. Like someone else said, it is going to lower there sells, then why would they? Especialy if it does not lower the quality of the game.

Also I do not see how dealing drugs and having prostitute would improve the game. What would drugs do? Have "Kill 5 gangsters and get take there drugs and bring it to person X", "Get to point x and take the drugs and bring it to point Y" or "Go to prositute and "talk" with her" missoin? Yes that would really add fun to the game...however for some odd reason it remind me of these few other MMO's out there.

If i have to "kill 5 anything" I'm not going to play this game.  Most MMO's are fucking stupid.  As it is, this game looks badass.

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462
    Originally posted by BlankFrank

It's a game about gangsters in a massive city-wide war against the Law. Not C R I M E exactly.

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by Comnitus

Originally posted by BlankFrank

It's a game about gangsters in a massive city-wide war against the Law. Not C R I M E exactly.

huh? war against the law sounds illegal to me

besides gangsters implies organized  crime which  as the name implies is crime

• ShreddiShreddi Member UncommonPosts: 320
    Originally posted by Stakex

Yea because robbing stores, banks, and other people aren't crimes? Oh and lets not forget about shootings, car theft, assault, hit and run, and what ever else Im sure they have in the game don't count as crime either? 

Do you seriouslly need to have low-life crimes such as drug dealing and prostitution in the game? Do you honestly think thoes are the only crimes in this world? If so, you sir, have some serious issues. Not to mention this game appears to be about action oriented crime, such as bank robberies. Its kinda hard to have running shootouts with prostisutes...

Low Life Crimes?  Oh robbing and shooting people are high class crimes.  Hell i'll take a hooker and some good drugs over killing anyday.  That reminds me,  gotta whiff some and pay her.

This post is intentionally written as to not make any sense what so ever. Thank You Very Much.

• VedrenVedren Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by sullivanj69
    If i have to "kill 5 anything" I'm not going to play this game.  Most MMO's are fucking stupid.  As it is, this game looks badass.

There won't be "kill 5 anything" missions because there are no computer controlled enemies. This is an online action game not an MMO. There is no "story line" to follow, basically you play the game to go up the leaderboards (aka. get famous ingame). There aren't real missions...The criminals choose to break the law (ie take a generic mission type) which sends out an APB to the cops which basically starts a 3rd person shooter multiplayer match which ends when the "mission" goals are completed ie take package to this place (cap the flag), arrest all criminals (deathmatch) ect...

• AbloecAbloec Member CommonPosts: 315

I don't understand this obsession of drugs and prostitution are. If its not in the game you really think its going to impact the gameplay that much, oh no I can't shoot up and beat my hookers. I'm ok with sacrificing these things if the game is as good as it seems its going to be, the customization of the game is incredible as a graphic designer I can't wait to get my hands on it and see what its capable of. Regardless we wont know what type of limitations the game will have till the game is actually out.

Damnant quod non intellegunt
  • quickman007quickman007 Member Posts: 125

i guess they didn't wont it to be full of crazed sex addicts and druggies.....what's wrong with the devs?

• quickman007quickman007 Member Posts: 125
    Originally posted by Abloec

I don't understand this obsession of drugs and prostitution are. If its not in the game you really think its going to impact the gameplay that much, oh no I can't shoot up and beat my hookers. I'm ok with sacrificing these things if the game is as good as it seems its going to be, the customization of the game is incredible as a graphic designer I can't wait to get my hands on it and see what its capable of. Regardless we wont know what type of limitations the game will have till the game is actually out.

ya i've wondered this too. will people really pass the game up because there's no sexual content in it? i would think you would lose more sales by putting that stuff in the game...eh, people have no morals...

• BLoodyDiceBLoodyDice Member UncommonPosts: 19

this game is going to be bad azz. its going to be anther s_row

Tear Of The Sun mean Army of power and will

• HakulaniHakulani Member UncommonPosts: 47

Honestly if this game had hookers and drugs in it, I would have to pass it up. IMO that is just lame to have in a game and I think if they did have drugs and hookers in it, they would lose a lot more players than just me. So I'm glad there isn't going to be any.

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by Abloec

BECAUSE IT IS A GAME BASED ON CRIME!  THAT IS THE OBSESSION!

I would dare say, 90% of the crimes committed in the US today relate to either Illicit DRUGS or PROSTITUTION (Prostitution a lesser extent and that crime is really related to drugs as well usually...).

"Oh but it is graphically delicious" well then call it Graphics Points Bullcrap instead.  If they do not have the balls to take on the GTA style game, then stop marketing it as a GTA style game.

Personally, I don't get the reason NOT to  have sexual content in games.  Games are primarily consumed by 18-30 year olds (maybe even older now), there should be sex, drugs, whatever you want in games now.

--And many gangs in Chicago do dabble in prostitution as well as drugs. Someone from Cali said their gangs don't do that there, well I guess Chicago/Midwest gangs are more diversified....  I am actually surprised that the Nortenos and Surenos are not into that as the gangs here that are heavily into prostitution are Latino gangs exploiting illegal aliens.

--Oh and since I am a GTA player and Saints Row player, the target audience, THEY LOST ME.  This game is going to bomb, mark my words.  And guess what, that is bad for crime based game fans like myself, because the genre will be blamed instead developers who castrated themselves because they were afraid of controversy.

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• NymandusNymandus Member UncommonPosts: 26

Yeah, I really don't get everyone being pissed about no drug dealing...I mean what is really involved with 90% of drug dealing? Sitting in your house playing xbox waiting for the sh!theads you have as customers to come by your house and buy from you...WOW that sounds like exactly what I want to do IN A F'ING GAME...or maybe I can goto a rave in game and stand in a corner selling X...holy jebus that will be epic!

I want my crime spree to involve hitting the melee button over and over on enforcers faces, or robbing banks for thousands of dollars...NOT sitting on a couch for 30 minutes waiting to make 25 bucks...

Now prostitution? Yes please.

• Chosen12345Chosen12345 Member Posts: 7

APB is like most of the games, for kids. So theres not going to be drug dealing or prostitution. APB gets "mature" rating, which is same as "games for kids".

If you want to see prostitution then you need to look for "adult" games. Ive never seen game holding that rating

• SelenicaSelenica Member Posts: 183
    Originally posted by Chosen12345

APB is like most of the games, for kids. So theres not going to be drug dealing or prostitution. APB gets "mature" rating, which is same as "games for kids".
    If you want to see prostitution then you need to look for "adult" games. Ive never seen game holding that rating

Actually GTA IV has prostitution and it has a mature rating. 'Adult' raiting would only be for games that show nudity and explicit sex scenes.

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

the worry of course is that since drugs and prostitution is the biggest, most lucrative crime in the real world (off which nearly every crime in the world is associated) then the content for criminals will be low.  Not so much because we all want whores and drugs but because its such an overwhelmingly huge part of crime(content)

Anyone who has watched 'The Wire' TV series would know this.