Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

took the plunge

DEATHRAMENTDEATHRAMENT Member UncommonPosts: 701

startrek online not gonna work out for me so ive gone ahead and pre ordered this one, here to hopeing that i will like it.

Comments

• BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366

I'm still on the fence, from what I have read you cant solo at all it is all group PVE and PVP which is fine but my schedule is crazy at times with a family and a job.  Would be nice to just pop on and not have to worry about how long I have to afk and that sort of thing.  I usually can only group on the weekends and that is only if I'm left alone :D.

• CammyCammy Member Posts: 864
    Originally posted by Beyorn

I'm still on the fence, from what I have read you cant solo at all it is all group PVE and PVP which is fine but my schedule is crazy at times with a family and a job.  Would be nice to just pop on and not have to worry about how long I have to afk and that sort of thing.  I usually can only group on the weekends and that is only if I'm left alone :D.

Time lines currently are 10 am - 10 pm eastern.... 

So lots of time to jump on and play if you feel like it (I also have job/family but still make time) :) The nice thing is the PVP matches are very short... so a half hour can get you a few matches. 

You are 100% correct though.. its completely team based (no solo content) - but you can just randomly queue up.... 

Im enjoying the game - but its certainly not for everyone (like every MMO) 

• scabbedangelscabbedangel Member UncommonPosts: 117

I ended up canceling my preorder.

GA is a good game, more fps than mmo, but still very enjoyable.  Playing from australia however, the latency is a killer.

• CammyCammy Member Posts: 864
    Originally posted by scabbedangel

GA is a good game, more fps than mmo, but still very enjoyable.  Playing from australia however, the latency is a killer.

Ive heard this too (I hear its actually quite awful)....

but - they do plan to create an Oceanic server for launch (or shortly after)... hopefully that'll fix the problem

• seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748
    Originally posted by DEATHRAMENT

startrek online not gonna work out for me so ive gone ahead and pre ordered this one, here to hopeing that i will like it.

I am not sure what you are trying to say, are you indicating that you know that STO is not going to work out for you but....you are pre-ordering the game? If you know it will not suite you, then why pre-order?

• OszyOszy Member UncommonPosts: 87

was thinking about doing the samething ...i wanted a new MMO... a real MMO not 50 people in one dome to look at. The first thing i asked was how do i get out side and they told me u cant go outside...lol

• AshanorAshanor Member UncommonPosts: 109
    Originally posted by Oszy

was thinking about doing the samething ...i wanted a new MMO... a real MMO not 50 people in one dome to look at. The first thing i asked was how do i get out side and they told me u cant go outside...lol

Do you do anything but cry about how the game isn't a "real MMO". Get over it already.