Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'VE HAD ENOUGH!

13»

Comments

• clinteastclinteast Member UncommonPosts: 159

I personally dont think it sucks and has potential to be better.  I like the different factions thing.  I agree there should be a tutorial.  Think also clans should be more distinguishable than they are.

I was involved in my first mission earlier tonight and it was ok but very lack luster as in lack of action.  Nice to rpg but i didnt get a reward at the end of it and not sure what i was suppose to do.

Personally i think the game lacks direction and doesnt really know what it is.  Anyway fingers crossed things improve it has the potential i think to be betterimage

• zimquatszimquats Member Posts: 301

Originally posted by Eraser55

No real help, I cant find one freakin gun, and today after 4 days of trying i found some assault rifle police..
    THE GAME SUX IN CURRENT STATE...

Yeah, I looked for about 3 or 4 hours to get a gun that I could afford.  It never happened.  A starter pistol or somthing would have been nice.  I figured that even If i did find a gun after all this time I still wouldent have enough for ammo. 

Out of all the games Ive played (everything except EQ and #2)  ive never had a slower start to a game.  I was completely disapointed.  After looking forward for FOM for over a year I uninstalled after only 4 hours.  But thanks for the beta, it saved me 50 bucks.

• necbonenecbone Member Posts: 358

Originally posted by beatbox

Good to see were getting rid of people with no patience that want to rambo out in the first 30 minutes, thats why i like FOM, no little bunny hoppers that wants guns to shoot the people for no reason.
    They just made 50$ !

no, we just want to play....ob should be the near completed product....most ob's that arent near completion tend to usually suck....show me an example of a game that dosnt suck that had a bad ob.....

eq2- i dont like the game at all, but atleast during cb and ob you could play and do some buggin...they were ready to roll

FFix- i was in the cb and shit was good(i dont like this title either)....a grown man has some limits; talkin about ffix in a bar isnt cool- chicks dont dig that...lin2 and wow are much better talkin subjects

WoW- this was the best ob, they were ready to roll too- been playing retail until 2days ago

CoH-i was in cb and it was fun....played a good 3months of retail

Lin2- i had a really fun time during their cb and ob and into first month of retail

Wish- that shit sucked(bad 3d graphics blow...why not just make it 2d and make it cool lookin or somethin, geez)...also about wish, all that hype was total bullshit- the media definitely fooled us into paying attention to this game, i feel dirty.

Horizons- their beta was cool cuz i had a dragon....i just didnt like the no pvp at all and i went thru like 6wipes(my fault, i got burnt out)

Eve- i didnt like it at the time(i think i installed it and got lost somewhere- my fault), but i just started this week playing it; people are nice, helpful, and its a chill game; i think i really like this game.

Earth n beyond- magic with spaceships- i dig different(but we know different dosnt necessarily work out^^)

these are major titles....theres been so many other clones and smaller games in ob, and i'm not even goin to get into the smaller ones like ROSE, maplestory, tantra, fairytale?, and all those other e games pos riding on coat-tails games.

i've also done some in house testing for big huge games, ifraxis, bethesda, and microprose....i was able to do this stuff cuz of the people i knew.....remember, its not what you know, but who you know(most of the time).

----------------

what i'm saying is, FoM seems alpha-ish; they shouldnt even want to put something like this out to the public- it'll fuck up their image(where the fuck is the PR guy?)....and theres nothing wrong with having fun and just playing in an ob.....real bug testers get paid...

i still got faith, but faith can only take ya so far.

Originally posted by beatbox

Good to see were getting rid of people with no patience that want to rambo out in the first 30 minutes, thats why i like FOM, no little bunny hoppers that wants guns to shoot the people for no reason.
    They just made 50$ !

Just to set the record stright, im a RDT, regestered dental tech. I work on implants and crown & bridge.  I spend 70% of my working day under a sterioscopic microscope, and forget tenths of milimeters, im working in microns.  If you actually think I have no patience you couldent be more wrong. 

However the simple fact is, after 4 hours of play time this game had zero entertainment value.  So  why am I going to keep playing this.  I have the foresight to realise that in another 4  hours its still going to suck.

• XavonXavon Member Posts: 334

To reiterate a point:

IT'S BETA

Originally posted by Xavon

To reiterate a point:

IT'S BETA

No kidding, thanks for pointing that out smart guy.  I mean its not like everyone here didnt know that, its only in every third post.

Besides its total BS when kids think that because a games is OB that you cant criticise it.  F that, if it sucks im going call it like i see it. 

• vash85vash85 Member Posts: 75

Originally posted by zimquats
    To reiterate a point:
    IT'S BETA
    No kidding, thanks for pointing that out smart guy. I mean its not like everyone here didnt know that, its only in every third post.
    Besides its total BS when kids think that because a games is OB that you cant criticise it. F that, if it sucks im going call it like i see it.

Yeah, really, beta is beta. If you don't have any patients and wanted to have a free ride with this game, I'm glad you quit.

NOTE! ***Beta focus: Stresstesting & bugfixing***

We are "working" to help find problems in this game. Almost everyday they are trying to fix these problems and patching them as they go along. As beta testers have a "job" to do and that is trying to find ways to make it enjoyable when it comes out.

In the betas that I been in, I rarely have fun. I'm too busy finding bugs. Before the open beta, their wasnt a lot of testers and maybe a good batch of them didn't even help.

Wonder why WoW had a good open beta? Because you got a large fan base supporting that game and people was willing to buy a beta account (in closed beta, that is).

So, give it time, because things will get better if people start acting like adults and not whinning children!

Originally posted by vash85

Yeah, really, beta is beta. If you don't have any patients and wanted to have a free ride with this game, I'm glad you quit.

Read much?  Yes I have patience, this is what some other numb nut said, maybe you should read before you post.  Heres a short flash vidio that may help you in the future http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php  Free ride, wtf, umm try some fun, yeah Im guilty of wanting to play a video game and have some fun.  I mean, go figure.

NOTE! ***Beta focus: Stresstesting & bugfixing***

NOTE! *** OPEN BETA: FIND OUT WHAT THE GAME IS LIKE BEFORE YOU WASTE YOUR BLING***

We are "working" to help find problems in this game. Almost everyday they are trying to fix these problems and patching them as they go along. As beta testers have a "job" to do and that is trying to find ways to make it enjoyable when it comes out.  

Oh now thats pretty funny, You think its my job (as a tester) to make the game enjoyable when it comes out.  What cuz the devs cant figure out how to do that.  Beta testers report bugs, balance issues, ect, but if the game isisnt enjoyable at release, what are you going to blame the beta testers.

In the betas that I been in, I rarely have fun. I'm too busy finding bugs. Before the open beta, their wasnt a lot of testers and maybe a good batch of them didn't even help.

Maybe cuz a good batch of them quit cuz it sucked so bad, ever thought of that

Wonder why WoW had a good open beta? Because you got a large fan base supporting that game and people was willing to buy a beta account (in closed beta, that is).

Umm, maybe wow had a good bata because it actualy provided some entertainment, and was worth playing.  Yah know what im saying, people loged back in again after playing it.  I dont even know how you could compair wow to FOM except using it to contrast how bad FOM ob is.

So, give it time, because things will get better if people start acting like adults and not whinning children!

No, im pretty sure that our behavor on this thread will not make FOM any better or worse.  But what wins it all, was the last bit.  'acting like adults and not whinning children!'  Why dont you act like an adult and not try to  deal with people in a patronizingly superior manner.  Do you even realise the hypocrisy of the statment.

• Dirk_GentlyDirk_Gently Member Posts: 193

Originally posted by zimquats

Oh now thats pretty funny, You think its my job (as a tester) to make the game enjoyable when it comes out.

It's your job as a tester to tell the devs if/why it's not enjoyable.

A good wife deserves more than half the praise, just as a bad one deserves more than half the blame. - Tacitus

• necbonenecbone Member Posts: 358

its such a cop out when people say, "its a beta".....

a shitty beta usually equals a shitty game, plain and simple.

• SkeptiKSkeptiK Member Posts: 1
    exactly what happened to me guys... I tried to log in and create character and when i was finally done it doesn't let me click the finish button!!! and then after the next few days i finally get to try it... and then I'm stuck inside the apartment and im sitting there not knowning what to do for like 15 minutes it was frustrating and then after finally going in there was no real fun at all. No real missions available and then you constantly can get killed by other companies and all the other players try to rip you off its not worth playing.
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

To reiterate a point:

IT'S BETA

So after it goes retail.  I suppose you'll be saying.  "It just launched".  Can we please cut the sh*t people?  Beta's are usually a very good idea of how a game will end up at retail.

Examples:

WoW - Still having problems

AO - Took them months to get it back on track

Horizons -  Chapter 11 nuff said

SWG - Still waiting on that combat revamp eh?

EQ2 - Went into a major overhaul couple days before release.  Because beta testers weren't happy.

Shadowbane - Closed Beta or Open Beta take your pick.  Both ran equally bad.  Game still isn't tip top even now.

I'm sorry but that lame a%% it's beta excuse doesn't fly anymore.  Fanboi's and developers alike use it like a damn crutch.  It's pathetic.   I actually enjoyed Wish but at least MR had enough sense to know when they didn't have a contender on their hands.

Microsoft cancelled Mythica after dumping over 22 million in it.  That alone should tell you that if you aren't bringing your A game.  In even an closed/open beta.  That maybe you need to rethink the situation.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    The game needs to go back into closed large scale beta for another 6 months to a year, then try again. Having an open  beta with the game having this many problems was a bad decision in my opinion.

I miss DAoC

• 01Neptune0101Neptune01 Member UncommonPosts: 82

Some people think the game will never be good, fair enough but why dont you wait until it gets released before saying its shit. You all "think" its gonna be shit but that means fuck all until its come out. This game can only be tested with 1000s of players which is why its in the state its in for open beta, because they need to test 50% + of the game in open beta status. So instead of flaming and making up shit from 30 mins of experiance of the game, why dont you give it a chance and wait until it goes retail before trying to make some half arsed summery of what the games going to be like.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Originally posted by 01Neptune01

Some people think the game will never be good, fair enough but why dont you wait until it gets released before saying its shit. You all "think" its gonna be shit but that means fuck all until its come out. This game can only be tested with 1000s of players which is why its in the state its in for open beta, because they need to test 50% + of the game in open beta status. So instead of flaming and making up shit from 30 mins of experiance of the game, why dont you give it a chance and wait until it goes retail before trying to make some half arsed summery of what the games going to be like.

Yes because we all know.  Wasting 50 bucks on a crap game is oh so much fun. image

I think my crap game pile is big enough thank you.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

Originally posted by Roin

I think my crap game pile is big enough thank you.

Like your crap game pile can never be big enough!!!!

A good wife deserves more than half the praise, just as a bad one deserves more than half the blame. - Tacitus

• TackleburyTacklebury Member UncommonPosts: 295

Originally posted by Jackdog
    The game needs to go back into closed large scale beta for another 6 months to a year, then try again. Having an open  beta with the game having this many problems was a bad decision in my opinion.

Agreed.  They have some nice concepts, but need some issues fixed and a lot of work on the PvP/mission systems.  Also, penalty points and the ability of law enforcement to see who's who via dossier's or computerized look-up on id cards.  Also, being able to stop crimes in progress, not wait until they are reported, when it's too late.  I will still be watching, but if they release it like this, they are gonna fall on their noses hard. IMO.  Peace.

Tacklebury --}>>>

• Eraser55Eraser55 Member Posts: 142

ok now almoust after a week of playing im getting to know how to play...

I would like to say: The game has major problems, but these are technical witch can be fixed, like disco, ingame help, chat, mission rewards, and some other bugs and so on..

But the potential for good fights, storyline, RP and so on is HUGE! As I did experience yesterday my own faction BOS held control of berlin for several hours witch is ingame time days..

Hope they fix it more before people give up:)

My cool sig: Turrets suck.

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

I signed up, downloaded the client, installed it, logged in. There was absolutely nothing that made me want to stay in the game. It just didn't appeal to me at any level. btw, I liked the interface, I couldn't stand how they have you locked in mouselook til you open something up though. I didn't spend alot of time figuring out if that could be remedied, but I didn't see any way to easily fix it. I hate that system in SWG and FoM pretty much did the same thing.

I could be very wrong, but I really don't see this one becoming main stream of making it big.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• ShadusShadus Member UncommonPosts: 669

INFINITY: The third worst game I've ever played. That's saying something. I've played movie knock offs.

Shadus

• ShadusShadus Member UncommonPosts: 669

Originally posted by Dirk_Gently
    Well def that is a pretty good description of the first 12 hours of every Open Beta ever. ::::01::

bs. I've been in uo/eq1/ac/ac2/ao/eq2/wow/daoc/fa/etc/etc/etc betas and NONE of them were *that* bad. This game really is just crap.

Shadus

Originally posted by Shadus
    Originally posted by Dirk_Gently
    Well def that is a pretty good description of the first 12 hours of every Open Beta ever. ::::01::

bs. I've been in uo/eq1/ac/ac2/ao/eq2/wow/daoc/fa/etc/etc/etc betas and NONE of them were *that* bad. This game really is just crap.

Yeah, Yeah whatever. Yet another person giving a list of games that are totally different to FoMk and then saying they didn't like it.

What a surprise it doesn't have the exact same features as Everquest.................Yup you're right it must suck.

Go buy some new dice, I'm sure it'll help you get over the experience.