Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hieru's Hall of Questions (Part 3)

RedruumRedruum Member UncommonPosts: 314

Hello everyone!

I am back to answer any and all questions honestly and unbiased that all of you may have.  Those that hang around these forums will remember my previous two editions of Q&A that people found very helpful and informative.  Those that are kind of new to these forums I lead the MMO community known as the Acolytes.  We currently span 3 MMO's which are Aion, WAR, AoC.  We will be spanning 5 by the end of the year with an already great following for our Mortal Online and Star Wars the Old Republic branches. Needless to say I have the experience to answer any question you may have about Age of Conan since we are in everything there is to do.  If for some reason I can't field an answer for you right away I will do my best to find it or steer you in the right direction.

I am here for all of you so feel free to ask any questions!

Comments

• Silver_LeafSilver_Leaf Member Posts: 135

1-Is 40-50kb/s download speed normal?

2-How big is the damn thing? The full, not the trial btw.

3-And it will take how long to download? Is it in the form of days, or weeks?

4-Is there actually still people playing it.

I started downloading 3 days ago, and now its still patching. And somehow the patcher isn't starting where it left off when I restart, once its closed all download progress is lost...

• MoorqueenMoorqueen Member UncommonPosts: 40

I have a healer question. I am a level 23 Tempest of Set and my biggest heal is a HoT but this does not seem adequate if I were responsible for healing a tank/dps character. And my single heal only heals for about 60-70 right now which does't seem like much when a character has 1500HP. Do bigger heals come in effect later or is healing a matter of laying down lots of different kinds of heals? Thanks.

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Originally posted by Silver_Leaf

1-Is 40-50kb/s download speed normal? - NO
    2-How big is the damn thing? The full, not the trial btw. - 17?GB, the trial says 12 if I remember right but by the time it's all said and done
    3-And it will take how long to download? Is it in the form of days, or weeks? - Took me 25 hours for the initial DL and then another 2 of the updates / patches
    4-Is there actually still people playing it. - Yes but only on a few servers.  Cim the Hardcore RP-Pvp, Wic - PvE, the others are fairly light on pop.

I started downloading 3 days ago, and now its still patching. And somehow the patcher isn't starting where it left off when I restart, once its closed all download progress is lost...

You really need to stop the DL.  Clean everything out of your program files, turn off any anti-virus firewalls and try it again.  Something just ain't right.  My numbers are above, my son did it in 16 hours to his laptop via Wireless overnight.  Even sharing the single with 2 other complers in the house I was getting high 400's for speed.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• Silver_LeafSilver_Leaf Member Posts: 135

Clean out program files? Explain please. I'm now gona try the safe mode thing but I doubt it will work.

• RedruumRedruum Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Originally posted by Moorqueen

I have a healer question. I am a level 23 Tempest of Set and my biggest heal is a HoT but this does not seem adequate if I were responsible for healing a tank/dps character. And my single heal only heals for about 60-70 right now which does't seem like much when a character has 1500HP. Do bigger heals come in effect later or is healing a matter of laying down lots of different kinds of heals? Thanks.

I wouldn't worry about wondering if you can heal tanks and what not.  The heals will scale with you as you level up.  Basically you will have 3 heals.  What they refer to as your green heal which is your smallest one that you will have going at all times, then your blue heal which is a bit larger and then your big heal.

Once you get up to 80 and start raiding you will learn in certain situations you can't use your big heal or it will cancel out the main healers big heal yada yada.  But, to answer your question, your heals will scale with you as best as a ToS can heal.

• RedruumRedruum Member UncommonPosts: 314

1-Is 40-50kb/s download speed normal?
    2-How big is the damn thing? The full, not the trial btw.
    3-And it will take how long to download? Is it in the form of days, or weeks?
    4-Is there actually still people playing it.

Silver, in all honesty I am not going to be much help on the download portion of it.  I still have my DVD's in case I ever need to re-install.  But, to answer your population question......Cimmeria and Wiccana are probably the two most populated servers.  I am on Cimmeria and I can tell you there is always PVP to be had and there are quite a few guilds that PVE consistently on the server as well.

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

Clean out program files? Explain please. I'm now gona try the safe mode thing but I doubt it will work.

Sorry 'bout that.  What I mean is go to your download section ie for Vista: Start > Documents > My Downloads (or where ever your machine is putting stuff and delete the file - AoC Trial

Then go to your Program Files and see if there is a FUNCOM folder and delete the AoC program out of it.  If that's the only thing in there just delete the entire folder.

Once all the AoC stuff has been 'Cleaned Out', you can start the download again.

Nothing to do with Safe Mode or DOS mode or anything like that.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• FalfeirFalfeir Member UncommonPosts: 492

didnt want to start a new thread;

Is the one year subs with the expansion bonus still active? couldnt see it on the official site

I need more vespene gas.