Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I WANT TO COME BACK!, from classic, need TOA help

Jixen9Jixen9 Member UncommonPosts: 49

So i decided to come back to daoc bc of the new cluster and server merge. but i hear that classic servers r shot. so basicly i have a lvl 50 NS and i have no idea wat toa is about, can some one explain artis  and MLs and all that. or is there a website i can check out that gives me all proper information. Im so excited to get back to my favorite game ever i just need to relearn it wen i transfer my toon over.

Comments

• skydragonrenskydragonren Member Posts: 667
    Originally posted by NyTre

So i decided to come back to daoc bc of the new cluster and server merge. but i hear that classic servers r shot. so basicly i have a lvl 50 NS and i have no idea wat toa is about, can some one explain artis  and MLs and all that. or is there a website i can check out that gives me all proper information. Im so excited to get back to my favorite game ever i just need to relearn it wen i transfer my toon over.

Artifacts = Gear that is obtained through a series of difficult "Trials" hence the expansion name "Trials of Atlantis". Each Artifact armor or weapon piece coincide with a very specific set of stats and abilities. Some of these items even have leveling requirements, as in the belt of the sun can only be leveling during the daytime and the belt of the moon at night for example.

Obtaining these items used to be near impossible without the best players DAoC had to offer, but in recent years with the massive decline in population most of these encounters can be done with 5-8 players with only a handful requiring more than that.

Artifacts can also now be obtained with RP or Realm Points obtained in RvR. (Between you and I though, the lore and quest chains associated with them, plus the degree of teamwork it takes to obtain them in the world is much more rewarding and fun.)

ML = Master Levels and they are a mastery path you can begin working on post level 50. These are a set of trials broken down into ML's as in ML1, ML2, ML3 and there are different quest steps in each ML section. Once you complete everything in say ML1 you will gain the abilites that ML1 has to offer, all the way up to max ML.

ML's can be difficult because they were initially designed to be gained in BG or battlegroups comprised of several groups or teams.

They have since lowered the difficulty level on the ML's but they are still not soloable through all steps and some still require up to 2 full groups or at a minimum 1 very skilled and specialized group to complete.

There are still some websites that offer knowledge on these.

The Vision of Sages site here -> http://www.daoc-toa.net/

Is still viable today though the site has not been updated since 2005. The encounters are still the same for the most part as listed on the site, some just may be much easier now.

But it is a good starting block to learn about the arti's and ML's and you can branch out from there.

Hope this helps.

• UbadaiUbadai Member Posts: 3

I also recently came back to DAOC..and left again..

I waited 3 days for a CSR to get my chars transferred from a Classic server to the new Ywain cluster, but apparently they are inaccessible if the chars on Classic are in NF..I was still waiting for CSR when I deleted DAOC from my computer.

(Managed to get a lvl 50 transferred to Ywain who wasn't in NF and /appealed)

Played this game for 5 + years and feel a little aggrieved that Mythic should treat players like this after sending ME an email to come back to the game.

The game is actually decent, unfortunately the customer service is terrible.