Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tactics?

BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

The screenshots are not that accurate and tried searching on their forum but nothing accurate also....

Anyone know if this is something similar to poxnora? or if you haven't played poxnora if this game has tactic like battles like dofus?

Thanks for the help :P

PS.

First!

Comments

• NoobTechNoobTech Member Posts: 33

Well i alpha tested this game. however i haven't played either of those games you mentioned so i can't say if it's like them or not.

what it is similar to is Evony, heros of gaia (i think) and travian.

there are tactics involved in winning battles, it really depends on what your opponent  has defending his castle and what you have to counter it.

overall it's a fairly good game, slow paced yes, and imo the losses you can take are very high for the amount of time you will need to build everything up. however you do have a hero mode which is real time and is a nice distraction while you wait for things to build etc.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Originally posted by NoobTech

Well i alpha tested this game. however i haven't played either of those games you mentioned so i can't say if it's like them or not.

there are tactics involved in winning battles, it really depends on what your opponent  has defending his castle and what you have to counter it.

overall it's a fairly good game, slow paced yes, and imo the losses you can take are very high for the amount of time you will need to build everything up. however you do have a hero mode which is real time and is a nice distraction while you wait for things to build etc.

By tactics I mean that every unit in "team" can move x squares on map and have different attacks and skills.

• NoobTechNoobTech Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by bloodaxes

Originally posted by NoobTech

By tactics I mean that every unit in "team" can move x squares on map and have different attacks and skills.

yes mate. there is a few different ways to attack. i'll break it down for you:

Hero mode - Hero mode is where you fight with just your hero, you can choose from 3 classes, mage, archer and swordsman. in addition to this you can learn various skills/spells that can cause aoe damage, single damage, buffs and de buffs. heros can also assasinate enemy heros and demolish buildings ( demolish buildings didn't work in alpha). hero mode is limited to the hero map.

the battle system is turn based and is on a timer. you can maunually fight and move etc or use auto battle.

Expidition mode - This attack mode where you get to use your units. there are 3 races, Alec (elves), Shaba (orcs) and humans. each one has it's own unique troops. in alpha i chose shaba so i will just use the as an example.

Units:

Axemen - this are your basic unit, they are called axemen but they actually throw spears, so they are a ranged unit. they have weak magic def and fairly weak phys def. however used in large numbers they are quite effective if no large numbers of magic users are present.

Heavy axemen - these are kind of like your tanks they have good phys def and okish mag def. they are a mele unit.

Axe titan - these are another mele unit with high phys attack but not very good def. they are your main mele unit.

Sorcerers - these are your basic magic casters, they have good mdef but weak phys def and are a ranged unit.

Bloodknights - these are mele class and have lots of hp, def and mdef and high attack. these are probably your strongest unit but also one of the last ones you will unlock.

Breecher - this is a seige unit which can break down castle walls.

fire catpault - this is another seige unit which can destroy enemy buildings completly.

scouts - used for scouting.

sabotuers - these units can actually take over a whole castle by spreading dissent among  the enemy castles population. thus allowing you to take over the castle.

In an expidition mode battle, you must first form an army using one of your heros as the leader then send it to the castle you want to attack.

the battle is turn based as in either you or them use all units then its the other players turn. castles have 4 defenses, walls, moats, traps and archer towers.

I didn't make a whole lot of attacks but a good tactic i found was to sacrifice mele units while damaging with axemen, sorcerers and also my hero. the hero has a cool down timer on it though and in most battles you only get to use it once...however i think in bigger battles you will get to use it more.

in addition your hero can buff/debuff enemy forces with passive skills ( you can choose what to learn), which brings a bit more tactical depth to the game.

the other 2 races pretty much have the same units but instad of axes the humans have swordsmen and alecs have more magic based units and archers.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Hmm ok thanks I'll be trying it then.

• KingKhaosKingKhaos Member Posts: 4

As for what guild to join...you should join KHAOS...the big requirement though is that you must be ranked in the top 300...and you must be the race of Alec.

Lords Online = Greatest Free Game!

• upupengupupeng Member Posts: 74

nobody can beat me down