Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A few Questions about these MMORPGS

ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

1. Warhammer

2. Aion

3. Age of Conan

How are each of these games progressing.(population and storyline development)

Which one has a continuous growth of end game content/updates.

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

All are losing subs, Aion may be the healthest it is the newest. Aoc the worst. that is how i see it.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • DeuiDeui Member Posts: 61

I see it so that Aion is losing subs very fast, Warhammer is dying and AoC doesn't have many subs either, but is gaining them very slowly. Most stable and enjoyable gaming experience I would expect from AoC, now and in the future.

• ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

thanks, no loyal WAR player here can give me any insights about how the game is going?

• rozenblade1rozenblade1 Member CommonPosts: 501

most people play WAR and get bored fast because its focus is the RvR which is isn't what was expected...I played for a bit and got bored with it....it's not a bad game, it's just not the type game that will hold people for too long...

I never played Aion, know nothing about it, and will probably never play it because it does not appeal to me...

I am currently playing AoC...I really like it...if you are into open world PvP and dont mind gankers, then Cimmeria is a good server...its a fun game and is in much better shape than it was...

PLAYING: NOTHING!!!
    PLAYED:FFXI, LotRO, AoC, WAR, DDO, Megaten, Wurm, Rohan, Mabinogi, RoM

WAITING FOR: Dust 514

• ironleviironlevi Member Posts: 122

All three games had good releases with big box sales. Since Aion was the most recent, they are losing players at a higher rate, but they still have the most subs. AoC seems to be very slowly regaining subs and has an expansion on the way. Content is good for leveling in AoC. All 3 games are pretty dead at max level.

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819
    Originally posted by rozenblade1

most people play WAR and get bored fast because its focus is the RvR which is isn't what was expected...I played for a bit and got bored with it....it's not a bad game, it's just not the type game that will hold people for too long...
    I never played Aion, know nothing about it, and will probably never play it because it does not appeal to me...
    I am currently playing AoC...I really like it...if you are into open world PvP and dont mind gankers, then Cimmeria is a good server...its a fun game and is in much better shape than it was...

Explain the problems of War to us please. I would like the get deeper into what you posted here. you said something about RvR wasnt expected, and gets boring fast.

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Hi

Just thougth i'd point out AOC,i myself had a mare in the first beta frankly it was abyssmal but took up the free starter isle trial and was very pleasently suprised,Funcom certainly have come a long way that's for sure What really impressed was the fluidity of combat and the combo moves and fatalaties were something different and refreshing,i'm hard to please but if u can try the triai it's worth a look still waiting for STO,but AOC with the new expansion is on my backburner so to speak as is Secret World

Currently in FE so as u can tell i like my paid Mo's to have something a little different gamewise.

p>
  • zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746
    Originally posted by tro44_1

Originally posted by rozenblade1

Explain the problems of War to us please. I would like the get deeper into what you posted here. you said something about RvR wasnt expected, and gets boring fast.

Meh, it's easier to just download the unlimited free trial and see for yourself, or check their forums.  Just because some of us got bored at the empty RvR zones doesn't mean everyone will.  Besides, based on some of your posts from the last week, your taste in games is a tad sketchy, in my opinion, so you're better off just trying it yourself.

• GrakelGrakel Member Posts: 92

IMHO WAR has some very interesting classes but the game does get tedious fairly quickly and the end game is lacking. However it's worth the trial to see if you're interested because it is different. One of the most annoying problems I found with the game is that early level combat is very slow and plodding which I think is a major mistake, but they added it for realism and it does get better.

AoC also has several interesting classes, the biggest problem I had with the game was getting past the changes after you left Tortage. It has been awhile since I played this game though and I understand there has been some improvements but I haven't really kept up. I'm sure someone else has a more updated opinion on this.

Aion, I was involved in the beta but never bought this game, it just seemed to lack something but again this was beta and several months ago. Again, others will have better insight.

Goods luck whatever you choose.

Played in some form:
    UO til tram, AC, EQ, AO, WW2O, PS, SB, CoH, AC2, Hor, LoTRO, DDO, AoC, Aion, CO, STO
    Playing: WoW (for gf), WAR
    Waiting For: SWTOR, FFXVI
    Hoping For: DCUO, Secret World, Earthrise
    -S- (UO Sonoma)

• VABeachDaveVABeachDave Member Posts: 228

I've played all three. Warhammer is losing subscribers as is Conan. Conan has a lot of potential but lacks content past the early levels. Warhammer is pretty much old school and has been surpassed due to just better being out there.

Aion is top notch. Not sure who is saying they are losing subscribers. That's just bull as they are adding servers always and they post the number of subscriptions in their quarterly statements. keeps going up. It is a good game to play and a lot of fun.

Fan sites:
    AION-On-Line.com
    aionicthoughts.wordpress.com/
    www.aionarmory.com/
    www.aionglobal.com/
    www.aionsource.com/
    www.areyouhellbound.com/forum/
    www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/253
    www.onrpg.com/

Official sites:
    www.ncsoft.com/global/
    www.aiononline.com/us/