Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to play until TSW comes out?

Waiting for TSW to go beta is like watching a pot boil over a single LED. Once you've sucked the forums dry and seen all the developers vids you're left in cold tukey land. So what does a junky do when he can't get smack? He gets Methedone... ie he finds a reasonable substitute, and does that until he can score some skag, right?

So... can anyone tell me, what is the gaming equivilent of Methedone, if TSW is the heroin?

The following conditions apply (in my case at least)

* Doesn't have to be a MMO.

* Scifi/fantasy RPG's preferred.

* Already played AO & NWN1 & 2 to death.

Comments

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I took the plunge and got me a xbox 360 so I been playing games like Lost Planet, Gears of Wars 2 and Bioshock. I'll probably be trying out Champions Online and Aion until then and currently waiting for Guild Wars 2 and The Old Republic.

• Batak_KillerBatak_Killer Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Originally posted by Vinterkrig

you act of if you were waiting for this garbage (which it will be) for years now, give me a break....

No way it will be garbage??!! NOOOO!!!!  Go play with yourself somewhere....

@OP Im playing DDO atm, as far as mmos go... As far as the rest go, i sometimes play left4dead, mount and blade, fallout 3..All great games.

• dhayes68dhayes68 Member UncommonPosts: 1,388

Umm... if you're not already playing and enjoying AoC then TSW will probably disappoint you.

• jacobujjacobuj Member Posts: 112

I seriously hope Funcom has learned their lesson from AoC. TSW has some really cool concepts, but so did AoC. While I'd love to see the title succeed I'm not holding my breath.

Atm I am playing The Legacy of Y's Books 1 & 2 on my DS and Linkrealms.

• Batak_KillerBatak_Killer Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Originally posted by dhayes68

Umm... if you're not already playing and enjoying AoC then TSW will probably disappoint you.

AoC and TSW share NOTHING in common except the engine. Do some research.

• woodzip87woodzip87 Member UncommonPosts: 11

I just found out about this game today and I've been dying for a skill based MMO. sigh. When I saw how far off it is from completion, I died a little on the inside. *cry* I don't know what to play until then. All the games I would play (champions online being one of them) aren't out yet.

• desslanddessland Member UncommonPosts: 12

You might want to try Fallout III if you haven't already - I thought it was kinda neat. Also Dragon Age Origins looks good - due in November, a single-player Bioware piece with an authoring toolset. Looks highly promising.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414
    Originally posted by jacobuj

I seriously hope Funcom has learned their lesson from AoC.

Like they learned their lesson from AO when making AoC, right? LOL

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• Jackal-79Jackal-79 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by eyeswideopen

Like they learned their lesson from AO when making AoC, right? LOL

Are you serious AO is and probably the best scifi game available.. it may be dated atm but the idea and what they have accomplished over the many years have been brilliant !

I cant think of one Scifi MMO that comes close to AO. Funcom may have earned a bad rep for AoC but i dont think it reflects on them as a whole, atleast they are a company that  wants to try  to give fresh ideas to MMO games (being fed up of elves and orcs etc)

AO:  Probably the best and first  Scifi

AoC: It isnt a WoW clone ..it isnt a anything clone its a fresh idea ! mistakes where bound to happen

TSW: Yet another fresh idea, wait till it comes out before you slag it off.

And i think ppl tend to forget games like TLJ and Dreamfall Funcom have a great team and are not afraid of new ideas and have already proven themselves worthy.

Flame on :)

• WintersbiteWintersbite Member Posts: 146

you act of if you were waiting for this garbage (which it will be) for years now, give me a break....

Aw. You poor little burnt AoC child.

Run a long now, your mummy is calling.

• Zlayer77Zlayer77 Member Posts: 826

I think its scary so many of you are positive to this game it makes the saying "There's a sucker born every minute" an enlightend one lololololo rofl....haha 

I guess their are just to many gullible people in the world. Shit if they can pull this crap a 3rd time my hats of to Funcom, never have a seen a company screw thier customers over and making them come back for more haha...

For those about to (be butt raped) we salute you! 

• hobo9766hobo9766 Member UncommonPosts: 457

Lol ROFL LMAO not in a million years my friend.
  • YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by hobo9766

They did, and the guy who was leading the FAILtrain of AoC is no longer in the company.

It seems that everyone is forgetting one simple fact - Funcom did create masterpiece games, that being The Longest Journey. And with that team working on Secret World, I just don't see how that could fail.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• hobo9766hobo9766 Member UncommonPosts: 457

Originally posted by Yuui

Originally posted by hobo9766

They did, and the guy who was leading the FAILtrain of AoC is no longer in the company.

It seems that everyone is forgetting one simple fact - Funcom did create masterpiece games, that being The Longest Journey. And with that team working on Secret World, I just don't see how that could fail.

Gaute was horrible but you can't blame it all on one man. The entire company stinks and one little non MMO game isn't going to change that.

I have a great stock tip for you invest in ENRON II, Kenneth Lay is no longer with them I don't see how possibly they could fail!

• njb8989njb8989 Member Posts: 4

I have played AO at launch and AOC at launch and one lesson that i have learned is that history repeats itself.  Failcom/Funcom is not capable of making a good game, they do not possess that winning spirit or the technical know how.  I am not going to get into a rant about AOC but i can assure you that THIS GAME WILL SUCK, I WILL BET ON IT.

I am not saying not to play it, i am just letting you know that you can rest assure that this game will indeed be yet another utter fail.  I dont even need proof of this, all i need to know is that Failcom is running the game.

I look forward to reading this forum a month after launch.

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034

Well, yeah. There's been a community for it since 2007. That's years.

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • bazakbazak Member UncommonPosts: 283

uhg i just had to say something those of you who will say a whole company is bad just because it had one or two major failures need to learn to be more accepting it happens MOVE ON!

secondly you have hijacked this thread you have no right to start bashing this guy just because he thinks this game will be good he is asking what games should he play till it comes out so go find another thread that is actualy about saying good things about TSW and flame there ok?

thirdly platinum im going for Mass Effect 2 when it comes out and then bioshock 2  those both looks like realy good games to hold you over for a little while.

• HeyitschrisHeyitschris Member Posts: 49
    Originally posted by njb8989

I have played AO at launch and AOC at launch and one lesson that i have learned is that history repeats itself.  Failcom/Funcom is not capable of making a good game, they do not possess that winning spirit or the technical know how.  I am not going to get into a rant about AOC but i can assure you that THIS GAME WILL SUCK, I WILL BET ON IT.
    I am not saying not to play it, i am just letting you know that you can rest assure that this game will indeed be yet another utter fail.  I dont even need proof of this, all i need to know is that Failcom is running the game.
    I look forward to reading this forum a month after launch.

Obviously you never played The Longest Journey or Dreamfall. Both are amongst the best adventure games ever made. Both made by the man in charge of the development of The Secret World. 

I'm sure this game will blow minds.