Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'VE HAD ENOUGH!

Comments

• Andrew99Andrew99 Member Posts: 8

I can't say anything nice or comforting to the "mechanical" minded who don't reconize what BETA is. Alot of you talk about the game like it's finished product and like you're paying for it.

If you have legitimate complaints quit blowing hot air, figure a way to present the problems maturely and constructively and most of all inform the developers in the bug tracking system.

All in all, if you can't do that then stick with Yu-Gi-Oh or something more intellectually specific to your kind.

• lotharrlotharr Member Posts: 981

Frist of all, I say... You cant say whats the game like if you have played it nearly 2 hours...image
    1.  ITS LAGGY
    Not to me... You should put lower graphic setups, or buy faster net...
    2.  PEOPLE KEEP DISAPPEARING
    Peoples disappear when they log out, or just run away... If you set your setups that you can see to far away, I think they wouldnt then.
    3.  I'VE CRASHED 4 TIMES ALREADY
    Hmm, This is a beta.
    4.  THE WORLD IS EMPTY
    Thats not true. Its not full, but its not empty, go to newyourk or somewhere... Just today 100 L.E.D s were on me.
    5.  YOU CAN TALK TO NPC'S BUT IT'S POINTLESS
    Why you even talk to them, they are not maked to talk. If you really need to talk to a NPC it is fully programmed.
    6.  THE MARKET IS WAY OVER PRICED AND DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH USEFUL ITEMS
    That is true. But if you dont see somewehere nice items, why you shouldnt use vortex and go to somewhere else?
    7.  WE HAVE NO STARTER EQUIPMENT
    Oh, yes there is. Frist of all buy a gun, after that chack your missions, get a group, do the mission. They tell you for example. how to craft items
    8.  WE HAVE NO INSTRUCTIONS
    Well, This game doesent have ingame instructions. But if you go http://www.fomportal.com you can find there instructions.
    9.  THE NOOB EMAIL IS TOO EASY TO AUTOMATICALLY DELETE OR JUST *DISAPPEARS*
    You can always find it when you hit "escape" key and look at your mailbox.
    10.  TRAVELLING IS EASY BUT EVERY CITY HAS THE SAME CRAP, WITH NOTHING TO DO!
    Yes, every city... citys are for buying something or talkin. But if you want something else, there is space with lots of things.
    11.  WTF!  THIS IS BAD!
    You cant discuss the game if you have spent 2 hours on it.
    12.  CHAT IS HORRIBLE!  EITHER PEOPLE DON'T RESPOND OR THEY DON'T SEE THE CHAT!
    Yes, if you got problems dont scream them to public chat. Use your faction chat. You can find it by hittin "escape" kay and then you open the mission tab, press the last button in the tab, and start screaming.
    13.  DO WE DO MISSIONS?  DO WE MINE?  WHAT DO WE DO?  WHERE DO WE DO IT?
    Well, yes we do missions, you can searc them from your mission tab. Yup we can mine, for example in new haven. You do what you want. Where do you want.
    14.  THE IRC CHANNEL SUCKS!  IT'S A MODERATED CHANNEL SO NOBODY CAN TALK AND ASK QUESTIIONS!
    That has nothing to do with the game, I havent myself even been there. I dont use mIRC...
    15.  THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!  WTF!  TOO MUCH TRAFFIC?  DAMMIT!
    Yes, that happens when they open the open beta. Sorry.
    16.  I PAID 50cr TO TRAVEL SOMEWHERE, THE GAME CRASHED, AND I'M ALL THE WAY BACK IN MY APARTMENT, ARGH!
    Oh shit... That is so bad, you get 60 000cr starting money and you lost 50cr of it... image

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115

Yes this game horribly needs a tutorial.

Originally posted by rentantilus

This leads me to a genuine point I'd like to make for ALL online game developers:

I don't care how uberkewl you think you are because you can say "I use unix," or linux, or whatever the hell the popular underground operating system is this week, 95% of EARTH'S computers use Windows.  Not 95% of America, 95% of THE ENTIRE WORLD.  Make your game so that it works best in Windows FIRST, then worry about translating it into all of the trendy little garage operating systems later on.  This doesn't just go for network code, connection protocols, or compatibility, either.  Make your game's user interface look like or at least work like the standard Windows environment.  I know, I know, you sound so hardcore when you badmouth Bill Gates* or talk about the security holes in Windows XP, but the fact is, tens of thousands of people created, update, and continue to develop Windows on a daily basis.  With all of the rest, you never know what you're getting.  MAKE GAMES FOR WINDOWS.

* On a side note, you can say whatever you want about Bill Gates' business, but as a person, he's the largest individual philanthropist this world has ever known.  He just wrote a check for $750,000 to research cures for various diseases that affect Africa.  What would you do with $750,000?  Yeah, that's what I thought, now shut up with all the Gates slandering.

Actually it was 750 MILLION dollars, not 750 THOUSAND dollars. Oh and...word.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• sollumsollum Member Posts: 1

(off-topic) There are many billionaire philanphropists in the world. One of them once said, "To die with money is to die disgraced."

• WardropWardrop Member Posts: 462

FOM comparison to a pile of shit. Notice the similarities.

Player A says   This is a new experience for me.

Player B says   How do you move in it?

Player C says   Its a pile of crap.

Player A says   It took alot of time and effort to make.

Player B says   No manual ehh hrmmm....

Player c says   Its still a pile of crap.

Player A says   Why do you say that?

Player B        *sigh*

player C says   Just look at it!

player D say   Well there is something new if you'd only give it a try.

Player A say   Yea look there is steam coming off it still, its new wait awhile it'll get better.

Player B yells    I think i found a piece of corn!

Player A     Ive been waiting a year for this to come out.

Player B yells    It is a piece of corn!

player b says yea   This game is the shit..............

Moral is no matter how you look at it, its still a Pile of shit.imageimage

• S31ApocS31Apoc Member Posts: 37
    image man that was GREAT keep it coming.. image

§31-ÀÞØÇ
    http://www.s31clan.com
    You Will all Beg for Mercy! In Vain!!
    "Regis Mark V"
    Revenge Is a Dish Best Served Cold !!
    "Klingon Proverb"
    As a Human I will not Worship any being out there! I can not Lower myself !!
    "Apocalypse"
    Can you love a creature that would even ask you to kill your own son? no matter the reason
    "Apocalypse"
    Konichiwa Bitches!!

• Dirk_GentlyDirk_Gently Member Posts: 193

Originally posted by Wardrop
    FOM comparison to a pile of shit. Notice the similarities.

So your complaint is that you couldn't work out the controls and there is no manual.

The point about the manual has been covered in great length by other posters in this thread and I'm sure will be rectified as OB progresses and the controls are the same as alot of old school shooters so aren't exactly challenging (you can also remap them really quite easily) . Why don't you say something constructive instead of just flaming??

I've got another idea!!! Why don't you make a list of bugs; which is, after all, the reason you are playing it.

A good wife deserves more than half the praise, just as a bad one deserves more than half the blame. - Tacitus

• ricervikricervik Member Posts: 31
    Its Beta!

Nope i had no problems, i made a simple comparison. A joke

No need to get sore about it, but since you are obviously sore may i suggest this

http://img42.exs.cx/img42/5665/preparationh7kz.jpg

and if you have problems with that try this

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/hallscience/X0055_Help_Im_addicted_to_.html

Originally posted by Dirk_Gently
    Why don't you say something constructive instead of just flaming??

I kind of already responded to your "point". I've quoted it for you in case you missed it.

A good wife deserves more than half the praise, just as a bad one deserves more than half the blame. - Tacitus

youve changed your post about 4 times now.

get over it i haveimage

Originally posted by Wardrop
    youve changed your post about 4 times now.
    get over it i haveimage

So did you ::::39::

It was the shock of seeing that you were 29 and not 12 made me change it.

• HUn73rHUn73r Member Posts: 123

I to have waited for the game and im still trying to play it and se if its get better but damm the world is enpty but hey i just go to the stripclub in the game after 1h og search and boob found it and went in but no stippers dammit imageimage so wtf i just try to talk to the npc's in the bar, nope no realy ansers i cold use from them think they a all blond image

But i wait a bit and se whats gona happen to the game...

• lotharrlotharr Member Posts: 981

This thread has gone to flaming the game, and other players.

• necbonenecbone Member Posts: 358

Originally posted by HUn73r

I to have waited for the game and im still trying to play it and se if its get better but damm the world is enpty but hey i just go to the stripclub in the game after 1h og search and boob found it and went in but no stippers dammit imageimage so wtf i just try to talk to the npc's in the bar, nope no realy ansers i cold use from them think they a all blond image
    But i wait a bit and se whats gona happen to the game...

yea.....gratz on first post bro....admitting you have a problem is the first step...and we dont know whats goin to happen to the game

"bitches aint nothin but ho's and tricks"

snoop dog - circa 1995

• Beta909Beta909 Member Posts: 30

The Power of 3 Days of beta.... (and it only gets better from here, This is why noobys cant play betas..)

1. ITS LAGGY

A: Its pretty good now on a cable modem I dont have anything lower so i cant test that.

2. PEOPLE KEEP DISAPPERAING

Not anymore the pacth fixed that for now.

3. I'VE CRASHED 4 TIMES ALREADY

I only crashed the frist day because I pushed the game to far for my comp. Your comp must suck.

4. THE WROLD IS EMPTY

Depending on what city you are in. So its like other MMORPGs not all citys have people in every spot.

5. You CAN TALK TO NPC'S BUT ITS POINTLESS

I never tried that but if its pointless then why would you... Its also pointless to roleplay but millions do it. Just a point of the game that was put in for fun..

6. THE MARKET IS WAY OVER PRICED AND DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH USEFUL ITEMS

Its a player econmy therefor the first day of open beta will not have enough (supply and demand buddy).

7. WE HAVE NO STARTER EQUIPMENT

One point i would like fixed as well

8. WE HAVE NO INSTRUCTIONS

Another point but im sure they will fix by retail. Why do you think betas exsit i bet you dont even submit bugs you find.

9. THE NOOB EMAIL IS TOO EASY TO AUTOMATICALLY DELETE OR JUST *DISAPPERS*

Same complaint as 8 common its a beta this is what they want to fix but not until they fix main problems. (server max people, Godmode which sucks because i am a merc.)

10. TRAVELLING IS EASY BUT EVERY CITY HAS THE CAME CRAP, WITH NOTHING TO DO!

Well i think the citys are some what the same but if you explore them you find cool rooms and areas.

11. WTF! THIS IS BAD!

So far you only had 1 problem that wasnt fixed in the past 3 days... I call that very GOOD DEVS!!!

12. CHAT IS HORRIBLE! EITHER PEOPLE DON'T RESPOND OR THEY DON'T SEE THE CHAT!

Well maybe they are noobs just like you trying to find stuff out. Or maybe you flamed them because they disappered on you and crashed 4 times... LOL!!

13. DO WE DO MISSIONS? DO WE MINE? WHAT DO WE DO? WHERE DO WE DO IT?

Yes missions will help you... You do the task your faction is suppose to do... You do it where it needs to be done... Explore the interface (which i admit is kinda sloppy) to find out how and where.

14. THE IRC CHANNEL SUCKS! IT'S A MODERATED CHANNEL SO NOBODY CAN TALK AND ASK QUESTIONS!

Well I didn't need the IRC CHANNELs help to find out the problems i had... and you can ask around elsewhere or in game.

15. THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED! WTF! TOO MUCH TRAFFIC? DAMMIT!

They are back up because traffic settled... I again say this proves you have no idea how to test a game or have never done it before there is almost always delays and problems.

16. I PAID 50CR TO TRAVEL SOMEWHERE, THE GAME CRASHE, AND IM ALL THE WAY BACK IN MY APARTMENT, ARGH!

/sigh this is almost to hard to say... 50,000cr to start with and you cry over 50cr.... OMG!! anyway if you are concerned make a new character and get your precious 50cr back im sure you didnt get anything good with your old char i mean all you did was go in then come back out of the game and FLAME!!

This post is mainly to make everyone who is a beta tester see how stupid nooby beta testers are and to make sure they shut up i hope!

Games Tried:
    Star Wars Galaxies (Pre-NGE): 9/10
    Planetside: 7/10
    Horizons: 4/10
    Eve Online: 8/10
    Asherons call: 3/10

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

Face of Mankind....

First off, the character selection thing got messed up, so when I pressed "Next" nothing happened so I had to restart. Next, I got in and started in the apartment. Took me like 10 minutes to get all the controls the way I wanted them. When, I needed to ask how to get out of apartment in chat, no one responded. Even in the lobby chat thing! I spent an hour trying to find out how to get out! I *accidently* deleted the mail thing that I got.... No one answered how to get of apartment in chat... Finally, decided to stop and ask here.  Found out that the teleporter you stand on is the way out. I don't want to log back in, because I do not want to see those horrible graphics of the people... Plus, scared of the lag.... I got good connections also.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

Originally posted by Greatness
    I do not want to see those horrible graphics of the people... Plus, scared of the lag....

The graphics are perfectly acceptable when you consider it has real time FPS combat so can't lag too much. Tbh the lag atm is really not bad and will get better as they bring all the servers up, although you are right that there are some weird shit crashes and bugs turning up with some peoples systems though by the looks of it.

They are patching regularly though so I'd come back in a couple of weeks or so and see if they've fixed the big problems.

this game might end up being hot.
  • TaloriTalori Member Posts: 10

So they left the strip bars in game... *sigh*... one of the main reasons I quit closed beta. Nudity is going to push their rating up, which may be good as it will mean more older players instead of kids - but I personally will not buy an "M" rated game ever.

At least you don't have to deal with female avatars being topless upon creation! ::::04:: And I am not talking Barbie doll naked.... shame on you artists for putting that extra work into colorizing what no one is supposed to be seeing!! ::::05::

you wouldnt buy a game cuz of its MA rating? thats weak and uptight.... i wanna flame you and kick some knowledge to you about censorship and artistic direction, but i really dont care anymore... games are based on real world shit, the real world isnt pretty- theres strip clubs, murder, mayhem, love, jeaulosy, hate, beauty, serenity, and everything else...

wish there were some cool chicks playing mmorpgs...

on another note, since i wanted to be a cop and i only get 50k credits i'm going to quit for a week or 2; i'm just going to let the economy or dev team do their thing....i did my part and graced their servers- my job is done.....i'm not going to play a fucked up game and not get paid for it...

basically the game is unplayable as a LED until prices go down...we cant buy guns, pmods, or anything else without creating several accounts and trasferring funds to people, and then back to yur new character- but i seriously have better things to do than sit around on someone's fuckin servers waiting for updates- cuz i know its a beta^^....or if someone gives ya some munny or you get lucky joining the economy and selling some inflated shit..

• AdevaAdeva Member Posts: 5

stay calm, it is still beta!!!::::01::

Originally posted by necbone
    you wouldnt buy a game cuz of its MA rating?

I tend to avoid multiplayer games with a mature rating too. An MA rating is an asshole magnet.

Originally posted by Dirk_Gently

Originally posted by necbone
    you wouldnt buy a game cuz of its MA rating?

I tend to avoid multiplayer games with a mature rating too. An MA rating is an asshole magnet.

what are some multiplayer games with MA rating?....i'm an adult so i dont even pay attention to that shit....i'm not attacking you, i'm just curious
  • Eraser55Eraser55 Member Posts: 142

Man this is not what I expected of this game, not finnished yes, but long way from it..

No real help, I cant find one freakin gun, and today after 4 days of trying i found some assault rifle 40k, had 50k, then i tried to equip it and ended up trowing it and cant get it back;/

The enemy and friend are hard to see diffrence, The rules are complicated, there are no borders or frontlines to fight in..

Mining, I did it, well dont know what to do with the ore..

50 ppl in one room shouting drop your guns, and shooting at one person who moves, no real tactic or anything in combat.. just lots of people playing police..

bugs and server disco are annoying, my friend got banned or something because of some fast travel hack feature...

THE GAME SUX IN CURRENT STATE...

My cool sig: Turrets suck.