Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures: A Look at Rise of the Godslayer, Part 2

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com Age of Conan correspondent John Humphrey writes this look at Rise of the Godslayer, the upcoming expansion to Funcom's Age of Conan.

As all playable races roam across the eastern frontier, following the Path of the Godslayer, your character will discover a myriad of new mid- and high-level content. The condition of the nearby roads can give you an indication of the level of strife in a region. If a road is in good condition, you travel through a more peaceful area. If the road is damaged, you can expect danger around every corner. Keep an eye open for shrines in your journeys. Khitai is a land of 999 gods. You can pray or meditate at each shrine; the right emote could get your player a temporary blessing. The wrong emote can curse you during your exploration. Travel across the landscape of Khitai is not as simple as it may appear. Natural and unnatural menaces roam the landscape across Khitai, like the barbaric Mountain Men, the swift and deadly Crow People, and the giant Kapa.

Read A Look at Rise of the Godslayer, Part 2.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• DarkjinxterDarkjinxter Member Posts: 174

All looks fine 'n' dandy according to that Funcom blurb.

• DarkbleachDarkbleach Member Posts: 40

This is going to be the endgame we have all been waiting for.

• phil18phil18 Member Posts: 43

Great preview, ROTGS looks fantastic so far. It seems this will be a very intresting place to explore and with so much content being added via normal updates AOC has grown so much since launch.

After launch I didnt think AOC would make it, but I stuck with it and its doing just fine. I hope eventually the word of mouth starts to change and people try the game again.

• UwayUway Member Posts: 58

The focus here is endgame and a more open explorable game environment. This is two of the main concerns brought up by players and they are trying to deliver the content.

Rise above hate.

Ignore fan boys.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by Uway

The focus here is endgame and a more open explorable game environment. This is two of the main concerns brought up by players and they are trying to deliver the content.

Exactly, I would add the way they are linking the content/playfields is different too based on feedback.

• elderotterelderotter Member Posts: 651

I just started playing AoC about 2 weeks ago.  There are some interesting bugs(like where I was running on my horse instead of riding it) but overall it is a good game.  I enjoy playing it and will enjoy the expansion. As far as player community - I like it better than Lotro's where people are constantly begging for groups.  I have played a lot of games and so far the worst behaved player community I have found is WoW's, compared to that all other player communties are made up of Angels.  Note: I did turn off the global chat in AoC but then I usually do that in every game because I hate non-game chatter, there always seems to be a channel in any MMO where people sit and talk instead of playing. 

I hope I reach 80 before the expansion - so I can experience the current end-game.

This has been a MY OPINION post.

• ThorgrimmThorgrimm Age of Conan CorrespondentMember Posts: 274

RISE OF THE GODSLAYER PC GAMES TRAILER:

RISE OF THE GODSLAYER UPDATES:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/261370

While we may eventually lose site of this article, I intend to keep updating the above "Stickied" thread to keep the community informed of any additional info.

• lmzzlmzz Member Posts: 57

Yes, let's spread out the last 500 ppl playing the game on a new huge map...but hey...TIGER MOUNTS lol. This is the last nail in the PvP coffin.

www.excisiongaming.com

Casual PvP & gaming fun for mature gamers

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Simply put...I cant wait for this expansion!!!

(AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH king Conan recognizes the raving rabbid's valor and deeds and proclaims a Raving Rabbid day!!!)

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

NEW Rise of the Godslayer Art:

• elderotterelderotter Member Posts: 651
    Originally posted by Thorgrimm

NEW Rise of the Godslayer Art:

looks the the freak from Blade.