Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online Jungle

Comments

• drumchannelldrumchannell Member UncommonPosts: 182

This game needs serious work done in the graphics department. :(

• jaspr180jaspr180 Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by drumchannell

This game needs serious work done in the graFphics department. :(

Vegetation certainly can use some love yea.       At any rate still looks 10x better than anything Darkfall dreamed of putting out.  

• RuynRuyn Member Posts: 1,052
    Originally posted by jaspr180

Vegetation certainly can use some love yea.       At any rate still looks 10x better than anything Darkfall dreamed of putting out.  

Negative.  While Mortal shines in sky and water and even building textures, it doesn't touch Darkfall's trees and vegetation or atmosphere, animation, mobs, characters, mounts, etc.  Combine this with Darkfalls superior gameplay, Mortal isn't even in the same league as darkfall right now.  Maybe some day.

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431

Thanks for the video, there are some nice areas in there. I think I saw the tree from Avatar.

It would be nice if there were a bunch of areas in there that had small mob camps and lots of life. Online mode might bring more in the way of life, will have to wait and see. Still a nice looking area.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

• WizGamerWizGamer Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by Ruyn

Negative.  While Mortal shines in sky and water and even building textures, it doesn't touch Darkfall's trees and vegetation or atmosphere, animation, mobs, characters, mounts, etc.  Combine this with Darkfalls superior gameplay, Mortal isn't even in the same league as darkfall right now.  Maybe some day.

What have you been smoking? The only thing Darkfall may have is world design, where in some areas the world architecture is very unique. But please! No need to blatantly lie about the shitty vegetation (barely any, just random-shit gravity-defying treelimbs that snake around like sand serpents). Animation!! WTFF Darkfall has the worst animation in any modern MMO. Everyone knows that. The player characters walk as if they have sticks up their butt and the movement of the legs doesn't correspond to the distance moved. The characters are hideous and look horrible and the mounts are also plagued by horrible animations and graphics. Darkfall has a nicely designed world but everything else is absolutely horrible when it comes to the graphics.

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

MO looks absolutely gorgeous. Even these alpha videos look 100x better than any Darkfall video I ever saw.

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

• MattMassacreMattMassacre Member Posts: 182

Damn.... the graphics are worse than half the F2P games I've played.

• ozy1ozy1 Member Posts: 309

I play both. MO still needs allot of work to be in a playable ready state. I think they will need more than 1 month to sort it, more like 3 or 4.

I would like it to be a success but they need to release it in a better stat than it is now. Looking good though.

Playing Darkfall EU1 Server

• RuynRuyn Member Posts: 1,052
    Originally posted by WizGamer

What have you been smoking? The only thing Darkfall may have is world design, where in some areas the world architecture is very unique. But please! No need to blatantly lie about the shitty vegetation (barely any, just random-shit gravity-defying treelimbs that snake around like sand serpents). Animation!! WTFF Darkfall has the worst animation in any modern MMO. Everyone knows that. The player characters walk as if they have sticks up their butt and the movement of the legs doesn't correspond to the distance moved. The characters are hideous and look horrible and the mounts are also plagued by horrible animations and graphics. Darkfall has a nicely designed world but everything else is absolutely horrible when it comes to the graphics.

Wrong.  While the animations with Darkfall are far from perfect, they are 100x better than MO's.  The only thing better as far as graphics go in MO is the water and sky.

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431

Originally posted by WizGamer

Wrong.  While the animations with Darkfall are far from perfect, they are 100x better than MO's.  The only thing better as far as graphics go in MO is the water and sky.

That's true and it will be that way for awhile. It will be a work in progress just like DF was/is. In the forums today, the dev's were talking about speedtree 5. The problem they said is with Epic China merging with thier build with Epic US. They are going to work on core features and make sure the world is done first, then change over to ST 5 and add fluff down the road.

I would rather have the features of the game working before the graphics get up to par IMHO. That will be more than enough work for the small dev team. It may be too much, we will see by the end of Jan. I can live with the graphics if the features are working.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

• joshejoshe Member Posts: 379

Those who say DFo has better gfx, do they really talk about quality of textures, models and natural animation ?
    Or they talk about DFo's gfx effects (for example armours shining in sun), horrible character models and unnatural animations ?

The same goes to all cookie cutters, who doesn't distinguish as realistic as possible gfx, with their cartoony wishes.

I've never heard a bad word about gfx when I've asked fpv crpg players, who are fans of gothic and elder scroll series.
    The more, they said MO's gfx is fantastic, although some environment things need to be improved (mostly trees and grass, but we all know it will be improved after implementing new versions of ST and grome).

--
    /thread

Remember, your advantage lies in your opponent's weakness (J)

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

I have played both and both have subpar animations, scenery and gfx effects. Lightyears from what current technology can produce.

And seeing as MO is using a really good gfx engine, I was really surprised how bad the gfx are. But atleast with a good gfx engine that can be improved.

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

"Welcome to Mortal Online Jungle

We got a buggy game

We got everything feature you want

Honey we dont know who to make work

We are the people that will charge for beta

Whatever you may pay

If you got the money honey

We got your disease

shun n,n,n,n,,n,n,,n,n,n,,n,n,,n knees, knees ..."

Oh sorry for the trolling parttrolling apart, its looking quite interesting environment, but i think we are more worried of the current buggy/laggy state of the game, but anyways nice vid =)

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Is it just me or does it look like the field of view is quite narrow?

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

It has its high-points, for sure, where the scenery looks great. But overall, I'd say the design was underwhelming. There's no 'personality' to the area... vegetation goes from completely barren to claustrophobic... no sense of atmosphere and the sky doesn't seem to mesh with the lighting.

Compared to what the Unreal 3 engine *can* yield in the hands of a great designer, honestly, I'm not that impressed with that video. I've had the same impression about a lot of what I've seen of MO, to be honest.

In my opinion, in terms of design and atmosphere, I give it to DF way over MO at this point. The sense of atmosphere and "place" in DF is palpable; in fact, the world design is my favorite aspect of DF. I'd use the word "functional" at this point to describe what I've seen of MO's world design; it seems like the technology drives the look of MO more than the actual design at this point, in that it *looks* like it could be a UT3 map.

Of course, that's just my opinion :).

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

Originally posted by VoIgore

Yes! I was going to say the same thing and forgot to mention it in my post. Yeah, the FoV does look a bit borked... a slight reverse fish-eye effect going on there.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,

• gnomad1gnomad1 Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by WSIMike

Yes! I was going to say the same thing and forgot to mention it in my post. Yeah, the FoV does look a bit borked... a slight reverse fish-eye effect going on there.

But, but, "it's first person and so much more realistic" don-cha-know? That's all you hear from the sycophants on here.

"If you were as smart as you think you are, you would realize that you are an idiot"

• HalpotHalpot Member CommonPosts: 204

Back on topic please. We have the RoC to acknowledge. 

Originally posted by gnomad1

Originally posted by WSIMike

But, but, "it's first person and so much more realistic" don-cha-know? That's all you hear from the sycophants on here.

-shrug- I'm not judging it either way... just noting that I noticed the weird FoV also :-p.

• AbsolemAbsolem Member Posts: 19
    You gotta be joking if you think anything in Darkfall looks as good as it does in Mortal. Ive played both and dislike both, but saying Darkfall even compares to Mortal makes me laugh. ESPECIALLY the point about gameplay. Kill 1000 shamblers kill 1000 spiders. REVOLUTIONARY. It claims to be a pvp game but actually requires you to grind PvE for months to do anything, whereas Mortal you can make a pvp ready character in a week. Mortal is more of a pvp game than Darkfall.
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Absolem
    You gotta be joking if you think anything in Darkfall looks as good as it does in Mortal. Ive played both and dislike both, but saying Darkfall even compares to Mortal makes me laugh. ESPECIALLY the point about gameplay. Kill 1000 shamblers kill 1000 spiders. REVOLUTIONARY. It claims to be a pvp game but actually requires you to grind PvE for months to do anything, whereas Mortal you can make a pvp ready character in a week. Mortal is more of a pvp game than Darkfall.

I feel pretty much the opposite that you do.. I like Darkfall's graphics and game play so much more than MO.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• AbsolemAbsolem Member Posts: 19
    All the power to ya. I'm just done standing in one spot grinding thousands of monsters day in and day out at this point in my mmo career. If I'm looking for a pvp game, thats not what I look for, lol.
  • ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    All the power to ya. I'm just done standing in one spot grinding thousands of monsters day in and day out at this point in my mmo career. If I'm looking for a pvp game, thats not what I look for, lol.

Oh yeah, because you don't spend half of your time in MO grinding new mats for gear you lost. Nice necrobump there. 

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Toferio

Oh yeah, because you don't spend half of your time in MO grinding new mats for gear you lost. Nice necrobump there. 

To be fair, the grind in DFUW is way worse then in MO. The gear grind isn't even as close as tedious as finishing feats in DFUW that also has gear grind btw... Saying that, I'm playing DFUW atm my self. I'm one of the few that actually enjoys both games. What I don't like in DFUW is the lack of communication from AV.

But graphic wise I think MO beats DFUW every day of the week. But I like the design of Agon, and how big it is. But most I know would def. say that the actuall graphics is better in MO. And yeah, nice to revive this dead thread. :P

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    The sad part is that it's using an incredibly powerful graphics engine and they blew all of their artistic talent on the sky.
This discussion has been closed.