Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What was your biggest MMO-fail of 2009?

2»

Comments

• drago_pldrago_pl Member Posts: 384

Originally posted by zchmrkenhoff
    I would say Darkfall. I've never played Darkfall. This is one of the reasons why it has failed.
    If Darkfall was released and I wasn't shocked at seeing the negativity many people were saying about it, I might have played it, but this didn't happen, and I'm nervous to put down all that money to play an MMO that has a very real chance of being bad. Darkfall has failed me.

This is why there are so many bad comments on darkfall. People haven't played it but they are bashing game because it's cool or something. I really don't understand such behaviour.
  • MystlynxMystlynx Member UncommonPosts: 68

I guess I would have to say Darkfall was the worst thing to happen in 2009.  I bought it, I played it, I feel like I was duped into financing a development team in bringing their product from late alpha into a proper beta stage.  Just for comparison, I was playing Anarchy Online on launch day...well as much as anyone else was able to.  This fails just as badly for me.  Desolate towns, ugliest trees I've seen in a long time, mob AI that reminded me of being back in good old EQ.  Pretty much lameness in all facets of gaming (of which there were really only two, combat and simple crafting).  Except for the large amount of nifty left clicking.  How can that not get old. 

But, overall, just one more blot on a poor year for MMO's in general.  Hoping there might be something better to come along in the coming year(s).  I am planning to go back and see if they have it properly into at least a late beta condition after being "released" for a year.

• kakarotragekakarotrage Member Posts: 280

Aion - linear grind bore with wings.

World of Warcraft is a proof that MMORPG quality should affect schedule/budget and not the other way around.

• VegettaVegetta Member Posts: 438

Crimecraft

SOOOOOOOOOOO bad

Its funny when it takes you less time to find out a game stinks than it did to download and install the game

• niessisniessis Member UncommonPosts: 4

I realy dont get the *easy - hard* approach to gameplay. Aion was on my wish list and it just fell thrue the ashole bigtime. So Aion is the biggest letdown for me. 

• DedthomDedthom Member Posts: 541

Huxley, looking for a good sci fi shooter and this wasn't it by any stretch of the imagination.

""But Coyote, you could learn! You only prefer keyboard and mouse because that's all you've ever known!" You might say right before you hug a rainforest and walk in sandals to your drum circle where you're trying to raise group consciousness of ladybugs or whatever it is you dirty goddamn hippies do when you're not busy smoking pot and smelling bad."
    Coyote's Howling: Death of the Computer

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039
    Originally posted by striker09dx

Originally posted by Gabby-air

My vote goes to crimecraft or citiesXL, both had so much potential but devs never listened to their beta testers and look where they are now...

I believe Crimecraft should be set as an example of greedy devs punishment. Pay to play+cash shop+ no quality.

in game ads, too..

Biggest fail for me would be champions, simply because it set new standards for bare bones rushed out games. Not only is it deeply lacking in content, balance and the multiplayer aspect, it also lumped a csh shop on top of a sub fee. Other notables are crimecraft, spellborn, darkfall and of course the classic that is alganon.