Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goodbye Bling Gnome

SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Sorry this fun grind game is getting shut down. I enjoyed my time in DR. The bling gnome was an absolute riot. A lot of good memories in this game, the funny loot item names, the bad jokes by NPCs, good people in this game, and of course the bling gnome.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

Comments

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

When did this hapen? Had some really fun months in this game, and yes , the bling gnome was a work of comedy genius.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by spookydom

When did this hapen? Had some really fun months in this game, and yes , the bling gnome was a work of comedy genius.

they are taking it down 1st January next year

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188
    Originally posted by spookydom

http://www.dungeonrunners.com/news/current_news/dungeon_runners_is_shutting_do.html

"...shutting down on January 1, 2010"

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• BukoBuko Member Posts: 61

Aw, that sucks. I couldn't really get into the game for a long period of time, but I loved the humor/style of it. Kudos DR, kudos.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Thats a reall shame. It wasn't a groundbreaking game or a game of the highest quality but it never pretended to be, but it was fun, made me laugh and filled a hole 4 me for a few months. It also never took itself seriously which I think is a rare thing in todays market. Sympathies to everybody who worked on it and still plays it.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

That's a shame, it seems ultimately F2P can't survive if they don't offer you the pay to win option.

• MMO-ManiacMMO-Maniac Member Posts: 176

It's a shame it's going away.

I've been subbed to it forever as it's my patch day game. (5 bucks a month is a nice little sub for my sometimes game)

Why don't they make it single player with multi-player?

The 3 devs left could probably do that in the few months left.

• iamspamicusiamspamicus Member UncommonPosts: 114

I enjoyed the game when I played it, but didn't agree with the sub  program. I Would defintely buy ( like 1 time price of 30-40) it if it were  changed over to a single player or diablo type small group multiplayer game.

It's too bad. It was  fun and I don't see why they can't modify the existing game to make it work. Guild wars does okay and  no one pays a sub for that.

• praymespraymes Member UncommonPosts: 27

Its sad that this game is closing down...

Face the truth

• EirlynneEirlynne Member Posts: 3

I'm bummed to see it's death, too....