Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Day-Night Cycles on DFO

patshirpatshir Member Posts: 114

A lot of realism definitely so real that when the night cycle starts you cant see anything. However I dont know why in the morning and even when the day has already started still it is difficult to see clearly, how long do these cycles, moreover I would like to know if there is a way to use a sort of lamp to see in the night.

Comments

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by patshir

A lot of realism definitely so real that when the night cycle starts you cant see anything. However I dont know why in the morning and even when the day has already started still it is difficult to see clearly, how long do these cycles, moreover I would like to know if there is a way to use a sort of lamp to see in the night.

After I got my new GPU I changed the pixel shader to PS3 in the video options and it becomes alot easier to see. If you can't use PS3 and have to use PS1 for performance reasons then try changing the gamma correction. Though with PS3 the day/night cycles rock and seeing the planets light up at night time is pretty awesome.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• patshirpatshir Member Posts: 114
    Originally posted by Agricola1

After I got my new GPU I changed the pixel shader to PS3 in the video options and it becomes alot easier to see. If you can't use PS3 and have to use PS1 for performance reasons then try changing the gamma correction. Though with PS3 the day/night cycles rock and seeing the planets light up at night time is pretty awesome.

Done and it worked pretty well, thanks.

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

Try it with shadows enabled. There are places so dark, you can't see hardly anything. Pretty cool really, but since a lot of people don't play with shadows enabled, they would have an advantage in night PvP.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN