Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Keg End Begins; Reenlistment Campaign Launched

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

The 2nd annual Keg End celebration, which runs from December 16th to January 4th, has kicked off, so let the /boasting and /toasting of last year's celebration commence!

The event is largely unchanged from its inaugural debut last year, though there are some new event rewards to attain, details below:

Rewards

Basic - Exclusive in-game title: "Brew Hound" for Order and "Broo Dawg" for Destruction

Advanced - Party Keg (deploys a keg that allies may interact with to increase morale gain rate)

Elite - Keg Tap - Event Slot item with Career-specific stats

Rare World Drop Item - The Battlebrew Backpack (one for each tier in which they are found)

Rare World Drop Item - Dwarf Keg Handler for Order and Goblin Bar-Back for Destruction. Your own personal keg toting servant!

In other Warhammer news, Mythic Entertainment has launched a new Call to Arms Reenlistment Campaign to entice former players back to the game.

Players who re-enlist during the promotion period (December 16-23rd) will receive 10 additional days of game time free, as well as a few item rewards:

The Call to Arms Reenlistment Campaign will also offer returning players three valuable in-game item rewards: The Libram of Insight (+15% to Experience, Renown, and Influence; limited uses), The Signet of Cursed Company (turns a player into a skeleton), and Kemmler’s Arthritic Hand (enhanced Action Point regeneration). In addition, both current and former players will receive a 20% bonus to Experience, Renown and Influence while playing WAR from December 16th – 23rd.

To get started, download the full game client here.

Comments

• KnightcryKnightcry Member Posts: 168

Is this better than beerfest in WoW?....

• FrobnerFrobner Member Posts: 649

BTW - the comback Campaing is ONLY for US players.  Not For EU players.  

Still I got the Mail from Mythic - just to find out that the link was to the US account system.  Not the EU accounts.

• MightfoxMightfox Member Posts: 24

Play scenarios, don't suck. That's plenty of fun.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Ok i get that theyre trying to get some people to return, but considering must of us who have played in the past probably already have at least one if not several lvl 40, or close ot it toons, do they really think that giving us increased xp and stuff is really an incentive for people to return for only 10 days of free game time? hell weve lost a lot mor ethan 10 days worth of play time due to server crashes, bugs, lag, etc (and no im not talkign just at launch, ive given the game a few shots ove rthe past year, same story every time). is there anything actually worth coming back into the game for? ive heard thyeve improved performance some, and made a few other changes (god i hope that includes some sort of actual class BALANCING, not nerfing ALL classes and still leaving the OP ones just as OP vs the others as they were). any of you whove been around since launch, or left and came back recently that are able to vouch for wethe ror not theyve improved the game enough that it can actually be considered a full retail game, rather than the permanent beta they had  us in for the first year?

• ApollosCredeApollosCrede Member Posts: 4

I guess its time for my annual return to WAR for free ingame items and time! haha 

• googajoob7googajoob7 Member Posts: 866
    Originally posted by Frobner

Still I got the Mail from Mythic - just to find out that the link was to the US account system.  Not the EU accounts.

its bad is nt it i returned for the 10 days welcome back earlier in the year only to find my squig herder was deleted .never once with any other company has that happened before however long the break .

• PlaidpantsPlaidpants Member UncommonPosts: 267
    Originally posted by ApollosCrede

I guess its time for my annual return to WAR for free ingame items and time! haha 

Annual? Shoot - didnt realize the game had already been out 3+ years!

• PlaidpantsPlaidpants Member UncommonPosts: 267
    Originally posted by googajoob7

Originally posted by Frobner

its bad is nt it i returned for the 10 days welcome back earlier in the year only to find my squig herder was deleted .never once with any other company has that happened before however long the break .

So you probably deleted him then - or someone with access to your account.

• lapommelapomme Member Posts: 270

Sigh....nobody wants to come back to your washed down piece of shit PvP Mythic.  You should have stuck with what people loved you for, the DAoC PvP system.  Instead you went and fucked up your game to appeal to the masses, which doesn't work.  Now you have shit for subs.  Congrats, now go work on DAoC Origins or go away.  :D

• Maleus666Maleus666 Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Originally posted by WesKhan1

Sigh....nobody wants to come back to your washed down piece of shit PvP Mythic.  You should have stuck with what people loved you for, the DAoC PvP system.  Instead you went and fucked up your game to appeal to the masses, which doesn't work.  Now you have shit for subs.  Congrats, now go work on DAoC Origins or go away.  :D

Talk for yourself, War is kickass now, a lot of  good stuff anda djustments, if you like PvP, thats your game. I was living the game this decemebr, but after the new patch, i dont think about leav so soon.

Go to hell!

• AngorimAngorim Member Posts: 466
    Originally posted by Maleus666

Originally posted by WesKhan1

Talk for yourself, War is kickass now, a lot of  good stuff anda djustments, if you like PvP, thats your game. I was living the game this decemebr, but after the new patch, i dont think about leav so soon.

Good to see one of the ten total WAR subscribers here showing their support.