Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can two people find fun?

pdaveypdavey Member Posts: 51

My friend and I are in a gaming rut (there's NOTHING to play)!  We played EQ2 when it first came out, but got tired of it after a couple months.  I've read that the game has changed dramatically, and I'm hoping that perhaps we could get something out of it now. 

Will we be able to do anything other than level to 80?  We won't be joining a guild and we're not the type to rely on other people for groups.  If we're pretty much just playing with us two will we be able to find anything fun to do?  I have zero clue what there is at the upper end in this game.  We will probably be playing on a PVP server as well.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

P.S.  There's a very slight chance that I could convince another friend to try it with us too.  Will we be able to accomplish significantly more with 3 people?

Comments

• VaedurVaedur Member Posts: 430

Well i guess it's pretty easy to find pugs.. and there is alot of AA questing to do solo at 80 to improve your character.. ofcourse you can't raid, but w/ the self mentor system, there will always be something to do.

• SoludeSolude Member UncommonPosts: 691

Duo should be fine for most content until you are capped out.  You can't duo the end game or raids but clearing blue/green dungeons is easy enough.

• ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

with duos if geared correctly and spells up to date with adept 3s.. you guys can probably do instance just with the two of you until lvl 30-40s if you two pick complimentary classes. But after lvl 30-40s you're going to have to look for people to help with instances.

Duo -quest wise this will speed things up a lot, more dps, kill faster, and less down time. Highly suggest you guys join a "family" oriented guild if your not interested in heavy raids because with family guilds they do the easy end game instances and dungeons together which can be a lot of fun.

• LuckyRLuckyR Member UncommonPosts: 260
    Originally posted by ozerinx

with duos if geared correctly and spells up to date with adept 3s.. you guys can probably do instance just with the two of you until lvl 30-40s if you two pick complimentary classes. But after lvl 30-40s you're going to have to look for people to help with instances.
    Duo -quest wise this will speed things up a lot, more dps, kill faster, and less down time. Highly suggest you guys join a "family" oriented guild if your not interested in heavy raids because with family guilds they do the easy end game instances and dungeons together which can be a lot of fun.

My brother and myself have a duo going and we are now 62. he plays and SK, and I play a Defilier. We can still  duo instances with not much problem. It has been called BS more than once but we can duo any GREEN Eric X2.

If you get the 3rd friend you will be even better for DPS and faster killing than we are.

Go for it, and have fun.

• KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414

Ma and the wife doued a Zerker Mystic team from 1 - 80 and we had great fun, as a duo you blow through the solo stuff and you can do a lot of the heroic quests, also it is usually VERY easy to pick up a 3rd player and get a more well rounded group. At the moment I think that duoing is the best way to experience EQ2, and yes you can and will have a lot of fun. With 3 people you will have a lot of options, I would suggest that the 2 of you play a good solid base for a group that is healer - tank or healer - SK or Pally and then your friend can basically play any kind of class

PvP is hard in EQ2 be prepared to die a LOT.

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch

• ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

Ah yeah, SK + Defiler for one is a really combo and if your going to wait for it to green n not fight at white/dark blue con it is a lot easier and doable. I tend to like to do things at yellow/red more fun and challenging :D

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Duo stuff does take some skill and you should probably have good gear and do dungeons that are blue or green but it works. The best duo game is Guildwars however but you can have pretty fun in EQ2 also.

Some people are solving it by using 2 accounts each, my guild-leader are doing that are are at time even running my Dirge and another buddy at the same time, successfully playing 4 characters by himself to complete lvl 80 shard dungeons.

It takes skills and you must know what you are doing of course but I don't see any reason for you guys not to duo the game, even though some places might be to tough, see it as a challenge. Or, as I said before, try GW instead. 

• RavanosRavanos Member Posts: 897

depends on your combo but yeah you can do tons with a duo, with a trio can rip through pretty much everything except the endgame instances.

my wife, her sister and I leveled from 1-80 using a SK, Fury and Wizard and we tore through almost every dungeon out there.

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

You can do a lot with a duo but where you will want a group is doing the end game.  When you get to 80 you will want to do instances for shard armor.  This is where you will be stuck.  You will need a full group to do these instances.  Now getting a group together to do these instances is really easy as everyone at 80 is pretty much looking to run them.  But if you hate the idea of groups you will be stuck.  Unless you got some raid geared people there is no way to do these instances with less then 6 people.

---
    Ethion

• KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414

Well you can start doing the soloshard quest on 2 people in the late 70s (the quests to get to the soloshard quest are actually harder than the repeatable solo shard one) and you can also do grey shard runs on the easy instances so you can get shards. But the next expansion will arrive in Feb and then I guess that the end of the TSO shard instances also arrives, they will go the same way as a lot of other non max level stuff  "noone does that anymore".

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I can't really speak for the newer content because i have not played in over a year,but when i played there is tons of stuff you cannot do wit ha duo,and most of that stuff is what you want to do.There is even just some normal bosses kicking around you won't handle as a duo,i would say you need 4.

I will tell you why even lol.You have a tank,that tank cannot do much damage at all even with real good gear,that leaves you a choice between healer and nuker.Well you are going to need to heal no matter what ,some areas have so much aggro,it's not a 1-2 kill then rest,you may need to kill several mobs.

A healer can do moderate damage,but then that leaves little mp for healing and you may even draw hate,trying to heal and dps/nuke.I guess maybe an option is two healers because in EQ2 the healer actually is ridiculous because you can wear tank gear,that is one dumb part about Eq i didn't like.So if you had two healers such as 2x Inquisitors,you could help each other out,but your damage will be still slow and relegated to mainly nukes.

Either way you will need to spend maybe more time crafting and harvesting rares than playing the game,because your gear and tier of spells matters a LOT !.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.