Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Is this game returning?

tryklontryklon PortoPosts: 1,370Member Uncommon

Well, i've noticed that this game is back on the talk on various forums. Even here this game is being more and more talked about.

For what its worth (little, but it's another proof) according to XFire, EQ2 is rising in players.

Whats going on thats making people come back or try the game? Is SoE doing finally something right to bring this game to a higher audience?

Comments

• ozerinxozerinx Irvine, CAPosts: 199Member

well if you had previously subscribed or had account with Sony station, u basically get free play from December  1-31. Even though i hope all these people stay but i doubt it.

• BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Peachtree City, GAPosts: 973Member

Originally posted by ozerinx
    well if you had previously subscribed or had account with Sony station, u basically get free play from December  1-31. Even though i hope all these people stay but i doubt it.

I really enjoy these free play sessions and it often does help boost the population. In June of 08 SOE offered The Living Legacy promotion and quite a lot of people returned to both EQ and EQII. SOE offered full expansion downloads at no charge, in both games.

With the soon to be released Sentinel's Fate I had planed on returning to the game, especially since I'll be getting a new rig.

The Old Timers Guild
    Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett

• dpf1978dpf1978 Bumpass, TNPosts: 71Member
    Originally posted by BuzWeaver

Originally posted by ozerinx

I really enjoy these free play sessions and it often does help boost the population. In June of 08 SOE offered The Living Legacy promotion and quite a lot of people returned to both EQ and EQII. SOE offered full expansion downloads at no charge, in both games.

With the soon to be released Sentinel's Fate I had planed on returning to the game, especially since I'll be getting a new rig.

I definitely plan on coming back for Sentinel's Fate.  I burned out at level 74 in Kunark and am juuuuuuust about ready to take the leap again.  Maybe I'll actually hit max level on a couple toons this time.  That hasn't happened since the original EQ for me.

• ozerinxozerinx Irvine, CAPosts: 199Member

haha reaching max level on eq2 is a breeze compared to eq1 pre-expansions. 

But, yeah i was thinking about buying sentinels fate as well but I am having second thoughts now.. i preferred if they stuck to the story line n advance to return of velinous or something like that.