Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited: The Dreaming Dark Preview

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

The team at Turbine has a new adventure pack, The Dreaming Dark. Our own Jaime Skelton had the opportunity recently to take a tour of the new content.

It's been a little over a month since Update 1 was launched for Eberron Unlimited, and players were introduced to the strange cult of the Path of Inspiration. Jeets Shimis, and others held under the sway of the Dar Qat cult, may now be free, but there's more battles ahead for players against the Dreaming Dark. Update 2 introduces a new adventure pack, set to launch on Wednesday, December 16th for all VIP players, and available for purchase on December 18th in the DDO Store, which will send players back into battle against the beings from the Plane of Nightmares.

I had a chance to sit down with Fernando Paiz (Executive Producer), Steve Muray (Lead Systems Designer), Eric Boyer (Producer), and Ricardo Liu (Sr. Content Designer), and take a tour of this new adventure, to see just what lies in store for players who return to this quest series.

Read The Dreaming Dark Preview.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• DelCabonDelCabon Member UncommonPosts: 258

You have to admire a company that can release quality monthly content updates.

Del Cabon
    A US Army ('Just Cause') Vet and MMORPG Native formerly of Trinsic, Norath and Dereth. Currently playing LOTRO. 

• blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Originally posted by DelCabon

You have to admire a company that can release quality monthly content updates.

reminds me of the old dnd module adventures.  happy co-incidence :P

Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • astrob0yastrob0y Member Posts: 702

"Like the Path of Inspiration, the Dreaming Dark adventure pack is exciting and challenging, completing the rich storyline that begun in the last update. Many secrets await the inquisitive, and lots of new features and puzzles will leave you incredibly satisfied with the new quests. All around, with a unique experience waiting, part two is designed to be just as exciting as the first."

A well written last sentence. All kudos to the author, it almost sounds like an ad :)

I7@4ghz, 5970@ 1 ghz/5ghz, water cooled||Former setups Byggblogg||Byggblogg 2|| Msi Wind u100

• bcrankshawbcrankshaw Member Posts: 547

Good  and exciting write-up

Another reason for me to play this MMO

"after the time of dice came the day of mice "

• Mopar63Mopar63 Member UncommonPosts: 300

DDO is doing a great job at showing that a free MMO does not mean a lame MMO.

• jotulljotull Member Posts: 256

I can't say enough good things about DDO now, they took Ken Troops folly and actually made it a fun and engaging game.