Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calling all "old" members!

SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Hey guys (this is the point that if you don't remember me, Murt, you're not in this category under which the title of the thread describes, haha)

Matt and I have been recently rounding up members from the good ole' days and it'd be fantastic to be able to get in touch with some of you guys again. We've (well...mostly KT (KillerTwinkie) -- who will not be referred to as Matt) rounded up Finwe and Kiamde (and me, of course). BUT, as I've mentioned, it'd be fantastic to get more of the 'old' members back together.

And I'm not talking we spend hundreds of dollars and fly out to one spot for a few beers, I'm just saying electronically ...hell, Matt found Kiamde over facebook! Nonetheless, Matt and I exchanged numbers years ago, just got Finwe's a couple days ago -- well, basically what I'm trying to say is that if we can grab you on facebook, that would be great. If not, find some other way of getting in touch with us!

Oh, and by the last paragraph,  I, in NO WAY meant to imply that one day in the future we can all go on a hunting trip. Hell, I'll lead. I need to top my record 9 point buck anyway :)

-Murt 

Comments

• ShadowSaturnShadowSaturn Member CommonPosts: 20

Murt Bijani. I remember you :P But you probably don't remember me ( New account, forgot the password to my old one )

You won that computer from MMORPG.com years ago.

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Who are you people?!  And where's my horse?!!

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Unfortunately, most of the old members no longer post here.

• ShadowSaturnShadowSaturn Member CommonPosts: 20
    Originally posted by Gameloading

Unfortunately, most of the old members no longer post here.

Or they atleast don't post under their original accounts. I'm sure there are quite a few with newer accounts though.

• MunkiMunki Member CommonPosts: 2,128

Whoaaa. Murt - Blast from the past.

Well I'm not the 15 year old I used to be :P but would be cool to get in touch with the guys who used to debate if WoW was just going to be a huge flop :P

I had near god like images of you guys back then lol.

after 6 or so years, I had to change it a little...

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Am I that forgettable Murt? :)

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694

Hey Everyone! (Dekron, you're as forgettable as hole in the head. =P)

As Murt mentioned, I was running through the site trying to locate the "old-school-crew" from way back when. Hell, it has been nearly 6 years since most of us joined this site (myself included).

Those times might be gone, but I hope the people aren't. You're everything to this website and you meant everything to me; it's why I came and keep coming back.  I think Munki said it best (if i may change it a bit): "we're not who we were", but I still miss you all.

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• spyderbitespyderbite Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by ShadowSaturn

Or they atleast don't post under their original accounts. I'm sure there are quite a few with newer accounts though.

This. ^^

I used to have you guys on myspace, but since deleted my account. I am setting up my facebook page and will send you a request, or at least pm you. Some of you know me other than Dekron, most don't, and I would prefer many on here - especially the new school - to not know. 

Murt, I know, has a collection of our images so he's got us. I'm still not a ranch hand! Arrgggh. :)

And Murt, how are you? Last I talked you were still in a wheel chair.

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

I've been here for ages but I don't post as much anymore and usually not anything significant.  Sometimes what I post isn't even decipherable!  Anyway, this is my second account and I don't entirely remember what happened with the first one.  I THINK it was because we moved and my computer broke in transit and I didn't bother setting the new one up for ages, even for games.  Sometimes I get busy like that.  After all that time, I pretty much forgot everything.  I had to re-sub to loads of different websites. 

I'm glad we're not going hunting.  I'm too soft for that.  I'm a sucker for big, brown soft doe-like eyes, too.  I'm likely throw myself in front of the gun to save the deer.  That would be bad for all of us.  (well, possibly not the deer)

I'm on facebook; I got a bunch of gaming buddies from the last 5 or so years on there, would love to add you guys to my collection :P

I if anybody wants to PM me their Facebook ID name,  or enough information I can pick out of a search, thats probably the easiest way to spread em around without dropping copious amounts of personal information on this post...

And we all now how that ended up on Futurama lol.

• thyrenethyrene Member Posts: 50

wow, this thread makes old members unite. ^^

61C9CA79-4E44-4ADC-948D-BDF8E60F846D

Spyder, what is your old account name?

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

*sniffs the air*

What's that smell?... smells like mothballs....

*ducks*

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Pretty Riki is still here in a way. Those were the times wasn't it.

EDIT

I know Murt's myspace but never friend him. He still got that picture up in some suit or somethin.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Dekron! Great to see you're still alive and well :) --and of course we can't forget you, buddy! You say I have pictures, I say that I've been through three main hard disks during that time period and a lot of memory loss as well (in the head, that is) As for the health, the physical therapy really has been paying off and I'm back to walking now (which is fantastic, of course!) There's a lot that we should talk about! (things I can't exactly post on these boards ...well, things I choose not to post on these boards, that is.

Munki, hmm. Well, to be completely honest I don't remember ya! Then again I do have a legit excuse for severe memory loss, so don't feel bad :)

And the other guys who posted claiming they had other accounts -- name 'em! We might be able to recognize some of you.

Also, hey Riki. Myspace? Serious? I haven't used that thing in years, haha. If you've got a Facebook then find us...

Ah no wonder why your picture never changed for years. Also I found an intresting old pic:

You can see Dekron, I think he was mod then. Also the old layout.

|

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

I don't get the picture... As in, what are you trying to say with it? Whose setup is that? And how long ago? I do remember the old layout of the site (I did prefer it, but then again I haven't been a regular poster in a long, long time). And Riki, there are several reasons for me not being "there" for several years.

Most in confidence. Some not so much.

Post at the top of this page (if we're still on page 2) Who said no hunting? I implied that I'd love to one day round up a group of guys and head out! Don't worry, we won't be shooting any doe's anyway :)

The picture in general was when ppl were showing off their desktops and i showed my crappy Compaq computer. I'm getting into facebook pretty good right now. I'm starting to get the hang of it. It has a learning curve to it.

|

Hey Riki, tell me if i'm wrong, but isn't that picture the same one you used when GunBlade showed off his rig, too? You might not remember GunBlade. He joined the Navy and pretty much went AWOL on the forums.

• Plasuma!!!Plasuma!!! Member Posts: 1,872

What merits "old"?

I'm sorry OP, but I only vaguely recognize your avatar. From what I know of myself in the past, we've probably had some arguments that have long since been forgotten.

I'm not old enough to remember things so clearly... or was it that I'm too old? I forget.

Lol! I remember that post about desktops; I remember I didn't have a digital camera lol.

Also, you can see Dekron's old avatar in the screen :P

Edit: That purply rainbowy triangle thing was Dekron right?

Edit2: I don't take it personally Murt :P I wasn't the most memorable 15 yearold at the time :P

Originally posted by Munki 
    Also, you can see Dekron's old avatar in the screen :P
    Edit: That purply rainbowy triangle thing was Dekron right?

Yeah. It was the Atari Logo. :)

• JoliustJoliust Member Posts: 1,329

I don't want to get to know you guys. You all scare me.

Sent me an email if you want me to mail you some pizza rolls.

• OrthaosOrthaos Member Posts: 51

Hi. I am Orthaos, and new to MMORPG.com. Or am I new? Who could I be? I am Orthaos, but am I? Could I be the President? Watching the political section for possible terrorists? Just a troll? An old poster from eons ago? Am I John Connor like it says in my profile? Am I male? Or am I female? Or back to that same question...am I new, pretending to be old?

There was a time when all these questions could be answered.

So, I'll leave that up to MMORPG.com to decide.