Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are 0.0 Alliances beginning to rent out space?

tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

i hear that CCP has failed to bring in more people to 0.0, and i've been noticing that 0.0 alliances are trimming some of their systems to reduce the upkeep. (RAZOR is the most notable one imo) Will we see more alliances rent out space now? I saw RAZOR got rid of most/all of their system besides the ones with stations, also the initiative as well as ROL have been losing sov. Does anybody out their in the know care to explain what is happening? TBH i think it would be a good strategy, as you get rid of your sov, keep the POSes up on moons that put out good moon goo and rent out the space to alliances for more profit (not only renters fee, but docking fees as well). Just curious, as i always like to keep up with the sov map to see what the big alliances are up to.

Playing: EVE Online
Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

Comments

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Who cares for renters? Just drop sov in non station systems and not allow anyone access.
    Why would you want renters in that system? They're a security risk. CCP supplied no way to tax them. You're not going to make a profit by renting someone sub par space when they can make more money elsewhere.

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    Originally posted by batolemaeus

Who cares for renters? Just drop sov in non station systems and not allow anyone access.

Why would you want renters in that system?

Renters will run up the required activity in a system in order to be able to employ certain infrastructure hub modules.

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216
    Originally posted by LynxJSA

Why would you want renters in that system?

Renters will run up the required activity in a system in order to be able to employ certain infrastructure hub modules.

thats what i thought. Making that sub-par space more worth it. I mean why not have renters? You make isk off the docking fees and the isk they send you for renting the space. Also doesnt one of the hub modules allow you to cyno jam a system? Wouldnt that be better then having a system with no infastructure or defenses? I'm a complete newb when it comes to 0.0, these are all serious questions.

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Sorry to disappoint you. A few people running anomalies will push your military rating to V, and since large alliances don't mine all that much, they can grind a system or two to 4/5 and be happy.
    No renters required.

If you're going to invest time and money into a system, you'll want to have it for yourself. You can't tax renters for using one of your upgraded systems, so why have them in the first place?

Sorry to disappoint you. A few people running anomalies will push your military rating to V, and since large alliances don't mine all that much, they can grind a system or two to 4/5 and be happy.

No renters required.
    If you're going to invest time and money into a system, you'll want to have it for yourself. You can't tax renters for using one of your upgraded systems, so why have them in the first place?

yeah but they cant push any rating up if they dont have sovereignty, correct? So those systems are sitting in limbo with no upgrades. And again, the only reason i see alliances renting out space is to make isk, even though there is no tax, they still pay to stay there.

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

Aren't the rates for SOV going to increase? Are is this a complete CCP backtrack? If they do go up, it seem like your argument would make even more sense. ATM the focus seems to be on reducing cost.

• XennithXennith Member Posts: 1,244

People have been renting out space for years. Setting up show in someones backyard with no agreement is a good way to get a dead pos, dead freighter, and dead TCU. If you show up to defend it, a dead fleet as well.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by tvalentine

i hear that CCP has failed to bring in more people to 0.0, and i've been noticing that 0.0 alliances are trimming some of their systems to reduce the upkeep. (RAZOR is the most notable one imo) Will we see more alliances rent out space now? I saw RAZOR got rid of most/all of their system besides the ones with stations, also the initiative as well as ROL have been losing sov. Does anybody out their in the know care to explain what is happening? TBH i think it would be a good strategy, as you get rid of your sov, keep the POSes up on moons that put out good moon goo and rent out the space to alliances for more profit (not only renters fee, but docking fees as well). Just curious, as i always like to keep up with the sov map to see what the big alliances are up to.

Re: The Initiative. We have a rental program up and running for Immensea. Contact Hassan Rachid in game to find out details of the Initiative Associates rental program. Do not be under any illusions of what the response will be if you try and claim any of our space without prior arrangement, sov markers or no. Two alliances have tried already; one has agreed to incorporate into the rental program. The other has had all it's POS destroyed in a single night.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Pure fail...

It was obvious since the early dev blogs how those changes will affect 0.0 and it was pointed out countless times on the forums before.

If you didn't want to rent space pre-Dominion, you have no reason to do so after.

I just can't wait how CCP will pat their backs in a few weeks/months and brag how Dominion was successfull...

Anyone keeping an eye on T2 production and moon mining?

• ChlodwigChlodwig Member Posts: 150

If you ask me, it's CCP's attempt to crack the moon mining market cornering.

Yeah, fat chance...

Soverenity or not, alliances will simply revert to what they did before sov came into play: They'll claim their turf from this system to that system, cork the bottlenecks with gatekeepers and stomp out anyone that comes through. Simple as that.

Care to explain why I should rent out space to you? Moon minerals are so expensive not because they're rare, hard to get or expensive to mine (ok, to a point, but nowhere near their market price). They are like diamonds in our real world. Yes, it takes a lot of logistics to get them, but there's far, far more supply than there could ever be demand, so the supply is cornered and artificially kept low to keep the prices up. What you see traded in the market is a tiny, insignificant fraction of the total production, or what total production could be squeezed out if people really wanted or needed it. What really amazes me is that all the huge (production/mining) alliances managed to restrain themselves from the urge to flood the market for a quick buck. Possibly also because they don't want to give their potential enemies more resources than they use themselves, dunno. But it worked out!

So anyone thinking any Alliance holding (real or virtual) souverenity over systems will rent them out? The threat that you might use it to harvest resources and crack the cartel is a bigger loss than your rental money could compensate.

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

Did any of you really think carebears would leave empire space?

CCP needs to leave the carebears alone.

It's obvious that they don't want to be put at risk.

The players that are taking advantage of 0.0 were already in 0.0 or working hard trying to get into 0.0 and would have gotten in anyway.

As for renters, Eve has had renters for as long as I remember.

I'm glad they tweaked Sov, you should need to work the space you own but other that I don't see how CCP can make sov a main attraction to the game with 80% of the playerbase in empire and now wormholes have replaced Sov in the minds of empire folk as an achieveable goal.

The alliances are just too big and too dominating in the types of ships they fly to give anyone a real shot in 0.0.

There's a reason about 8-10% are in sov space only. It's where the old dinosaurs play that scream "get off my lawn". Guess what? they listened and are in wormholes making useful ships (t3) that have no space restrictions.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

Originally posted by metalhead980

The players that are taking advantage of 0.0 were already in 0.0 or working hard trying to get into 0.0 and would have gotten in anyway.
    I'm glad they tweaked Sov, you should need to work the space you own but other that I don't see how CCP can make sov a main attraction to the game with 80% of the playerbase in empire and now wormholes have replaced Sov in the minds of empire folk as an achieveable goal.

The alliances are just too big and too dominating in the types of ships they fly to give anyone a real shot in 0.0.
    There's a reason about 8-10% are in sov space only. It's where the old dinosaurs play that scream "get off my lawn". Guess what? they listened and are in wormholes making useful ships (t3) that have no space restrictions.

alright a few things, not all of them have to do with the post i quoted.

Yeah i'm not asking this question so i can move out to 0.0, i have a good corp with good people i like to play with. Just asking about some inside info if these alliances dropping sov have any plans of renting out, or if they are just going to let the systems sit with no sov.

Was also wondering the logic behind not having renters and purging systems alliances dont use much. Since i always thought, renters = more isk

and at the post above, there will always be alliances looking to get out into 0.0, there are plenty now afaik looking at the forums. Surprisingly enough some carebears out there are willing to risk a little for more profit.

If people actually read the OP, they would know i'm not looking to rent, and if theyread the first few posts, they would know that i'm trying to understand the logic behind it all.

Yeah i'm not asking this question so i can move out to 0.0, i have a good corp with good people i like to play with. Just asking about some inside info if these alliances dropping sov have any plans of renting out, or if they are just going to let the systems sit with no sov.

Was also wondering the logic behind not having renters and purging systems alliances dont use much. Since i always thought, renters = more isk

and at the post above, there will always be alliances looking to get out into 0.0, there are plenty now afaik looking at the forums. Surprisingly enough some carebears out there are willing to risk a little for more profit.

If people actually read the OP, they would know i'm not looking to rent, and if theyread the first few posts, they would know that i'm trying to understand the logic behind it all.

The thing is the revamp to sov didnt change anything other than having to work your own space a bit. Other than that things like renters have always been in the game and alliances that have been renting will continue to do so.

The Alliances that dont have good reason due to security issues.

Would they make more isk by renting? maybe but the risk outwieghs the reward sadly.

Oh and sorry about my little rant its just the old dogs in this thread annoy me to no end. I dont like elitists in any game.

The thing is the revamp to sov didnt change anything other than having to work your own space a bit. Other than that things like renters have always been in the game and alliances that have been renting will continue to do so.

Would they make more isk by renting? maybe but the risk outwieghs the reward sadly.

Oh and sorry about my little rant its just the old dogs in this thread annoy me to no end. I dont like elitists in any game.

alright i see thanks. This one post answered all/most of my questions, maybe i should have made myself more clear next time.

Hey man, I said we were renting, and look, here you are a couple of posts later. Immensea is not the best space but it is 0.0. Our renters have the option to join Initiative Mercs and stop paying rent with ISK and pay it with PvP instead.

It's way way too early to say "dominion failed" tbh (or that is "succeeded". Make a judgement after 6 months, not after 10 days. The fact is that the hubs will increase the carrying capacity of 0.0, which is the first step. Actual values can be tweaked for the desired result.

And what the hell is this "CCP needs to leave the carebears alone."? Attemtping to make 0.0 more attractive and increase it's capacity to support a higher population isn't persecuting carebears. It's giving the players an option.

Originally posted by Malcanis

Hey man, I said we were renting, and look, here you are a couple of posts later. Immensea is not the best space but it is 0.0. Our renters have the option to join Initiative Mercs and stop paying rent with ISK and pay it with PvP instead.

It's way way too early to say "dominion failed" tbh (or that is "succeeded". Make a judgement after 6 months, not after 10 days. The fact is that the hubs will increase the carrying capacity of 0.0, which is the first step. Actual values can be tweaked for the desired result.

And what the hell is this "CCP needs to leave the carebears alone."? Attemtping to make 0.0 more attractive and increase it's capacity to support a higher population isn't persecuting carebears. It's giving the players an option.

Like I said if you rented before you will continue doing so. Most alliances consider it a risk. 

I honestly don;t see 0.0 opening up to many care bears that weren't already planning to go to 0.0.

As for the carebear comment, most dont want to take part in our space dude. I suggest CCP keep acting like Empire, Low sec, Null sec and now WH space are different games with players that want different things.

The empire folks want more pve shit so lets give it to them, they dont want to be bubbled and owned.

Like I said if you rented before you will continue doing so. Most alliances consider it a risk. 

I honestly don;t see 0.0 opening up to many care bears that weren't already planning to go to 0.0.

As for the carebear comment, most dont want to take part in our space dude. I suggest CCP keep acting like Empire, Low sec, Null sec and now WH space are different games with players that want different things.

The empire folks want more pve shit so lets give it to them, they dont want to be bubbled and owned.

Hi-sec, lo-sec, W-space and 0.0 aren't different games. What happens in one strongly affects the others, and you'd be wise to admit that to yourself.

As far as being "bubbled and owned", that is largely optional even in 0.0. It's so easy to avoid dying if you're awake and alert.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

i hear that CCP has failed to bring in more people to 0.0,

how u can fear that CCP have failed, man the old sov time buff is not even removed

what ppl expect that horde of player just move in 0.0 in 10 days ? normal ppl dont log in and say lets move to 0.0, if the time that a player take to get in 0.0 is reduced to 50% the expansion is awesome also what CCP have done is to "force" alliances to get more players so in some way the 0.0 will be promoted by  players that live in 0.0

BestSigEver :P

Hi-sec, lo-sec, W-space and 0.0 aren't different games.

Different rules, different games.

Hi-sec, lo-sec, W-space and 0.0 aren't different games. What happens in one strongly affects the others, and you'd be wise to admit that to yourself.

I meant different gameplay styles not games them selves. sorry.

Obviously everyone has an affect on eachother but all those types of space have different rules and different types of players enjoying those areas. Shouldn't CCP focus mechanics on those people and playstyles  to make the game better overall?

As far as being "bubbled and owned", that is largely optional even in 0.0. It's so easy to avoid dying if you're awake and alert.

Were talking carebears here dude not guys that have been living in 0.0 for a while. These players can't even avoid low sec gate camps.

I see nothing wrong focusing on different types of players needs that overall improves Eve as a whole or are you one of those idiots that think improving one area fucks up another? From reading your past posts I wouldn't expect you to be one of those.

• dhayes68dhayes68 Member UncommonPosts: 1,388
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Not quite. Rules are different from how a rook moves and how a bishop moves. Am I playing a different game when I move a rook, then next move, move a bishop? No.

Originally posted by dhayes68

Not quite. Rules are different from how a rook moves and how a bishop moves. Am I playing a different game when I move a rook, then next move, move a bishop? No.

I should have types different gamplay styles isntead of different games. Obviously its not a different game its all Eve. Its just the variety Each section of space provides the player requires different attention from CCP imo.

Again I shouldn't have typed a different game because its going to start a convo I didnt intend to have honestly.

I should have types different gamplay styles isntead of different games. Obviously its not a different game its all Eve. Its just the variety Each section of space provides the player requires different attention from CCP imo.
    Again I shouldn't have typed a different game because its going to start a convo I didnt intend to have honestly.

Some people are just not as bright...

The rules are essentially the same; your ship is at risk whenever you undock.

Originally posted by dhayes68

It's good that you came out with it because it's a widespread and particularly pernicious misconception that needs to be debunked whenever it arises. CCP have remained resolute in their single-shard model for a reason.