Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I just logged in to see that I have 23 free days?!

I was preparing myself to play eq2 again, installed it, and tried logging just for the as the login screen appeared, shock horror, I was able to login and I have 23 free days. Where the heck did they come from? Soe usually send us a mail when they give away free time ? 

Comments

• GemmaGemma Member UncommonPosts: 337

I'm tempted to reinstall this game to test this. I miss this game, I just don't want to pay for it when I know I'll leave again in a week :(

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

Amazing read your thread and thought I would check my accounts as well. I'm seeing I have 23 days as well tilll Dec, 31! Patching as we speak. 5 hr to go? Would be cool to patch for new expansions. Haven't played since Shadow Odeysey.

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

2hr.7min now....

• GemmaGemma Member UncommonPosts: 337

I'm confirming as well, 23 free days. Game time expires 12/31.

• Weezer_GeekWeezer_Geek Member Posts: 18

Checked on Station and no 23 days for me :(  

O well, I doubt I would play that long anyway... the 1st time a shark came out of the water, followed me up a hill, and killed me at the peak; I would just delete the game again, LOL

• awiaawia Member Posts: 96

lmfao and i thought whoever took my acount bought eq2 for me....

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Hay me too. but only 21 days. 

I have to re-download the entire game again on a very slow hotel internet connection, so I'm guessing sometime tomorrow :(

• TarnicusTarnicus Member UncommonPosts: 17

I'm glad I stumbled across this thread, just checked my station account and lo and behold I have 23 days free time as well.  Thanks SOE for the Xmas gift, I guess you're not as bad as I thought! :D

• I find how Soe works so weird, a few times I've got a mail from Soe saying I have a free month of eq2 or vg, great I love that. But sometimes I see people writing in here that they have recived some free gaming time, but no mails, or no official word about it. Seems like a random people now has gotten free days, without any official word, very weird method by Soe. 

Yeah definitely weird, I didn't receive an email either.  If I hadn't stumbled across this thread I would never have known.

I just checked my fiance's station account and her account has been credited with the free time also.  Perhaps there is a stockholders meeting coming up, and they wish to show how active the game is? :P

• SpiritraiserSpiritraiser Member UncommonPosts: 175

Just checked after reading this thread. My account has EQ2 till 31/12 and my brother's has 14 days (left) on PotBS lol

• yueamyenyueamyen Member Posts: 31

Come to AB server, lots of nice people to play with there. :)

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Free month came at a perfect time for me as I had to get away from DF for awhile, bought Aion but haven't had the guts to install it (heard bad things, thinking about re-selling game) , FE I really wanted to like but all the Bugs and CTD turned me off and WoW is as generic as always. Haven't played in 2 years so I got ALOT to re-learn! I'm on AB and agree that it has a great community. All i need now is a good Clan to hook up with if I decide to stick around.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

aww i didn't get it D: 

• NullailNullail Member UncommonPosts: 68

23 days left for me too, pretty cool to test it again. Installing now ))

Hunter Nullail Destruction - 85 Ranger. Bristlebane (Solusek Ro) - EQ
    Knight-Captain Nullail - 60 Hunter. C'Thun - Pre TBC - WoW
    Nullail - 80 BE Hunter.Kor'Gall - WoW
    Hunter Nullail - 55 Ranger. Telon - VG
    Nullail Destruction - Archer/Bard - Cerberus. FFXIV

• VaedurVaedur Member Posts: 430

Nothing for me :(

• ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

GOT OWNED BY SOE :(

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by yueamyen

Come to AB server, lots of nice people to play with there. :)

Don't listen to him, Lucan D'lere is better ;)

Still seems somewhat odd that they don't actually mail people and tell them that they are giving away free time....

Originally posted by Loke666   Still seems somewhat odd that they don't actually mail people and tell them that they are giving away free time....

Even stranger is that my fiance got an email from SOE today about the free time but I didn't.  No idea why they'd email some and not others, nor why some would get free time and others wouldn't.

• blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615

both me and my wife (5 accounts between us) didn't get free reactivations....boo.

Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • TexarTexar Member Posts: 20

I got an email from SOE saying I had free time but I checked my 3 closed accounts and none of them had any time credit. However a friend of mine who hasn't played since vanilla EQ2 got free time but no email...oh well...I am at my limit on paid game subscriptions anyway so resubbing would have been out of the question.