Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, I tried it..And..

NurabuttNurabutt Member Posts: 26

I gotta say this kicks WoWs ass hard..I regret not trying this game sooner.

Comments

• Congrats on finding a new game you enjoy

• rwburnhamrwburnham Member Posts: 9

While WoW is a far popular game, I do agree that EQII is just better. The combat and class systems are deeper, the amount of content in EQII is just staggering. I enjoyed my time in WoW, no doubt, but EQII is my favorite MMO so far.

• ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

hehe welcome to the game! EQ2 is a very good game as long as your not that in to PvP.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Originally posted by Nurabutt

I would not say it kicks WoW's ass hard..But Like WoW it has a real lot to offer as no other mmo can with the exception of Eve, and Lotro.  Everquest 2 and WoW both offer basically the same types of content, however they are different in so many ways. Kind of like American and European cultures are different but the same. 

WoW has a better social setup by far.  HOWEVER this game is over run by kids and immature people causing it to often suck real bad. I would also like to add that WoW has a very lean learning curve in such a way it can be learned by a new player with no help or user manual, yet it can be played by nob's on up to hardcore depending on your intellect or level the player decides to play.

EQ2 is equally as good, YES I would say equal, but with a steep learning curve that the player has to over come to get to that point of fun and being equal to WoW.  It starts out fun, gets to be aggravating, then its fun again.

Nurabutt...........I would highly recommend that you stick with EQ2. As for now your having fun, but like so many others in the past, they soon get discouraged and quit.  I know what your thinking " I'm smarter than the average mmo player" But thats not what I'm talking about......this game can be very discouraging and it's not brain power that causes people to leave. It's the aggravation of learning the simple things.

So what I'm saying is hang in their and overcome !.............You will understand what i'm talking about soon.

• NurabuttNurabutt Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by page

I would not say it kicks WoW's ass hard..But Like WoW it has a real lot to offer as no other mmo can with the exception of Eve, and Lotro.  Everquest 2 and WoW both offer basically the same types of content, however they are different in so many ways. Kind of like American and European cultures are different but the same. 

WoW has a better social setup by far.  HOWEVER this game is over run by kids and immature people causing it to often suck real bad. I would also like to add that WoW has a very lean learning curve in such a way it can be learned by a new player with no help or user manual, yet it can be played by nob's on up to hardcore depending on your intellect or level the player decides to play.

EQ2 is equally as good, YES I would say equal, but with a steep learning curve that the player has to over come to get to that point of fun and being equal to WoW.  It starts out fun, gets to be aggravating, then its fun again.

Nurabutt...........I would highly recommend that you stick with EQ2. As for now your having fun, but like so many others in the past, they soon get discouraged and quit.  I know what your thinking " I'm smarter than the average mmo player" But thats not what I'm talking about......this game can be very discouraging and it's not brain power that causes people to leave. It's the aggravation of learning the simple things.

So what I'm saying is hang in their and overcome !.............You will understand what i'm talking about soon.

WoW troll.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

I've played both. WoW sucks and I will never play it again. But EQ2... that one I keep coming back to over and over again. Its just too good. Currently, the only game that MAY make me leave is SW: TOR but even then, I'll probably keep my EQ2.

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

Agreed. EQ2 has a certain "magic" not found in other games.

• Krn_AssassinKrn_Assassin Member Posts: 581

Originally posted by page

WoW troll.

Was he being sarcastic? It was a good post, pretty informative. Are you being sarcastic?

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213
    Originally posted by chouming

Congrats on finding a new game you enjoy

Yup it's always fun and exciting hopping into a game you've never played before, enjoy it.  Before slamming other games however, please play it for longer than a few days first. 

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO