Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010, and the News Letters!

ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081

It looks like we will be getting alot of new information on the game starting in 2010, they've updated the website with a news letter that will launch after New Years!

http://www.heroesoftelara.com/

Comments

• achellisachellis Member Posts: 542

i hope that they will tell us when there going to put up a forum and launch some new vids with the news letter.

• NoobfishNoobfish Member Posts: 26

Will this game launch within the next year and when did they start the development of it?

Whats the name of the company by the way and have they done any games before?

• XeonsoldierXeonsoldier Member Posts: 190

Couple of things. One this update was done about a month ago. Two, its Trion World Network and they began developing the game 4 years ago. Three, its their first baby flagship mmo.

Originally posted by Noobfish

Will this game launch within the next year and when did they start the development of it?

trion is going threw a rough time and i doubt this game will come out in the next year, they are basically looking for a whole team of staff right now.

Originally posted by achellis

trion is going threw a rough time and i doubt this game will come out in the next year, they are basically looking for a whole team of staff right now.

So it's basically vapoware?

im not sure who vapoware is but im sure trion will be putting out a good game, they seem like determined people. threw all the crap they went threw they are still trying.

im not sure who vapoware is but im sure trion will be putting out a good game, they seem like determined people. threw all the crap they went threw they are still trying.

They are throwing crap at someone and they are still trying?

If they lack the people to actually make the game then it is vaporware.

They can try until they get blue in the face it will still not be made.

well if you havent seen this yet there kinda doing a bit better.

"Trion World Network, a high-flying online gamer publisher that has raised more than $100 million, is in the midst of executive changes.

Trion is making a series of massively multiplayer online games with a new kind of server technology. The Redwood City, Calif.-based company has hired two game veterans and lost two executives as well. The comings and goings are significant, since Trion is being closely watched as one of the biggest bets on new technology in the game industry.

David Reid, (right) a former executive at online game publisher NCSoft, has joined Trion as senior vice president of publishing. Reid also headed marketing at Turner’s Gametap division before it was sold; he also led marketing of Microsoft’s Xbox 360.

Scott Hartsman (left), a veteran MMO developer, has also joined Trion as chief creative officer and head of the company’s studio in Redwood City. That studio is making the company’s first announced game, Heroes of Telara, a fantasy role-playing game."

• XeonsoldierXeonsoldier Member Posts: 190

The game will be out next year due to financial reasons. Like most games, it will be released unfinished. They have a full development team its just the higher management is where they are having the shift around. They are tight lipped on just about everything that surrounds the company. January will be the month that will determine if this game will make the light of day to be all honest. Players on their only board have been requesting for information and they have yet to give a clean answer. If the game doesn't go live in 2010, then it will be vaporware without a doubt because they'll be in Stargate online's situation where they aren't able to even pay employees. 100 million sounds like alot, but it only solidifies that they have a timeline since they have no other revenue coming in.

well if you havent seen this yet there kinda doing a bit better.

"Trion World Network, a high-flying online gamer publisher that has raised more than $100 million, is in the midst of executive changes.
    Trion is making a series of massively multiplayer online games with a new kind of server technology. The Redwood City, Calif.-based company has hired two game veterans and lost two executives as well. The comings and goings are significant, since Trion is being closely watched as one of the biggest bets on new technology in the game industry.
    David Reid, (right) a former executive at online game publisher NCSoft, has joined Trion as senior vice president of publishing. Reid also headed marketing at Turner’s Gametap division before it was sold; he also led marketing of Microsoft’s Xbox 360.
    Scott Hartsman (left), a veteran MMO developer, has also joined Trion as chief creative officer and head of the company’s studio in Redwood City. That studio is making the company’s first announced game, Heroes of Telara, a fantasy role-playing game."

Do you have a link?

@ Xeonsoldier: It's just too bad if they decide to launch it in an unfinished state since unfinished games tends to lose paying players very quickly.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081

I know when this news came out, I was just posting it on here incase anyone that was interested had missed it.

Now, the game is not vaporware, it is very much a game. They have showcased it in action before and it seemed very polished for being at the point it is in development. The company is doing just fine, but I doubt we will see the game in 2010. It was never intended to be out at a specific date, but this is not the same situation as SIGIL/Vanguard or Cheyenne/SGW. That being said, the game itself is subject to change, and they could end up having to re-work their plans for it in order to get their game out quicker and not have to spend too much time on trying to be as innovative as they are trying to be. Which would suck.

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659
    Originally posted by Valentina

I know when this news came out, I was just posting it on here incase anyone that was interested had missed it.

Now, the game is not vaporware, it is very much a game. They have showcased it in action before and it seemed very polished for being at the point it is in development. The company is doing just fine, but I doubt we will see the game in 2010. It was never intended to be out at a specific date, but this is not the same situation as SIGIL/Vanguard or Cheyenne/SGW. That being said, the game itself is subject to change, and they could end up having to re-work their plans for it in order to get their game out quicker and not have to spend too much time on trying to be as innovative as they are trying to be. Which would suck.

You know, I think they announced the game on E3 too early. On the other hand they were going to publish the game in 2010 so there was reason to assume they meant it. However, complete silence about your game after you announced it to be released next year, should make anyone suspicous about what is going on. Someone calling this game vapourware is not all that surprising.

--
    Delanor

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

The graphic and the world looks like Vanguard: Saga of heroes. Its only positive..nothing bad.

• TonevTonev Member Posts: 462
    Originally posted by SweetZoid

The graphic and the world looks like Vanguard: Saga of heroes. Its only positive..nothing bad.

Let's make sure when they get their forums up and running we keep on them about releasing a finished product. We have a bunch of fail, piece of shit games give us half ass code, let's hope this fantasy game (and all others) don't follow in their predecessor's foot steps.

Originally posted by Tonev

Let's make sure when they get their forums up and running we keep on them about releasing a finished product. We have a bunch of fail, piece of shit games give us half ass code, let's hope this fantasy game (and all others) don't follow in their predecessor's foot steps.

Agreeeeeed!!!!

And ya it does look like Vanguard, just better. It seems like this game is kinda what people were hoping VG would be...

Originally posted by Valentina

Originally posted by Tonev

Agreeeeeed!!!!

And ya it does look like Vanguard, just better. It seems like this game is kinda what people were hoping VG would be...

AH! i cant wait, VG was great but a better buidl VG with more work on the PvP side of things will make an awsome game.

• oakthornnoakthornn Member UncommonPosts: 863

I'm looking forward  to hearing news on the progress of, HoT..  It does look similar to Vanguard, I just hope the final product won't have the performance issues, mob warping problems, and horrible class balance issues that plagued Vanguard..

HoT is one game I have my eye on. Hope the news will be positive..

Rallithon Oakthornn
    (Retired Heirophant of the 60th season)

Originally posted by oakthornn

I'm looking forward  to hearing news on the progress of, HoT..  It does look similar to Vanguard, I just hope the final product won't have the performance issues, mob warping problems, and horrible class balance issues that plagued Vanguard..
    HoT is one game I have my eye on. Hope the news will be positive..

they have plenty of time to work on HoT so i dont think there will be the mob warping problems or the crazy random lag or any VG'esk problems.

Yep, plus TRION has been getting quite the investments put into their projects, lately. So I do not think they will have the financial issues Sigil had, if they are smart.

Sigil's biggest mistake was breaking their partnership with Microsoft in order to attempt developing & releasing Vanguard on their own. Had they not done that, VG probably wouldn't of come out til late 08, or early 09 and quite possibly would of been completely different than it is right now. HoT won't have to deal with that whole mess.