Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Having an "adventure" again?

Comments

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

Wow that was really nice MikeB and congrats to Goronian!

• miked9022miked9022 Member UncommonPosts: 91

have you all decided on a game yet? im definitely in on this

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811
    Originally posted by miked9022

have you all decided on a game yet? im definitely in on this

We got a handful to vote on now, head to the guild website:

www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Vanguard and Ryzom both need such support and both games are unique. Hope you stick to one of them.

ps/ I'm playing VG atm. Amazing game

• SamatmanSamatman Member UncommonPosts: 123

I just discovered this thread and registered on your guild portal site.  Samatman here --> Samatman there.  This should be interesting.

• nubiliusnubilius Member UncommonPosts: 39

I too just discovered this thread and very interested in joining up on whatever game you guys all decide. If I read correctly seems you guys are leaning more towards Ryzom or Vanguard. Currently I own Vanguard, and am doing the trial on Ryzom.

Registering on forums now under the name Nubiliusark

:)

Edit:

just saw that you guys picked Ryzom and that my username is already used, so it will be nethien

• Allanon6666Allanon6666 Member UncommonPosts: 34

This sounds really interesting.  My guild portal name and mmorpg.com name are the same.  And ryzom sounds like it'll be an interesting game

• seraphis79seraphis79 Member UncommonPosts: 312

Throw me into the mix.  I have time on my hands and I'm without an mmo at the moment so I'm game for pretty much whatever.

• dlunasdlunas Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Originally posted by R4WkU5

Originally posted by Goronian

I remember a lot of the more "hardcore" solo-players saying, taht there shhould be enough content to do with a group, but be able to solo it at later levels. That's EQII - there are tons of dungeons, starting at about level 14-15 (In Queynos, at least) that are awesome to do in group, but, well, there are no low-

In fact, there are Queynos sewers, as well. Creepy, long and void of players. We could check those out, if we decide to play it.
    I'm making a forum on Guildportal, but I don't really know, how to call us... Any suggestions? I'd prefer something more neutral, suiting most playerstyles (and satisfying my roleplaying heart).

I suppose it's difficult to sum up the group of players in a RP fashion but to throw out a few ideas:

• The Idealists
    • The Hunters (game hunters)
    • The Wanderers/Seekers (in the same vein)
    • Puritanical

Missing the whole RP theme by a country mile I particularly like "Looking for Game" since it's where we're all at and what we're doing.

I didn't promise they'd be any good but start the ball rolling.

I really like the Wanderers, and the Seekers and Looking for Game are also cool. 

Oh, I'm in, voting for

Ryzom(never played) and Vanguard(didn't give it a real chance, was semi addicted to WoW at that time)

Then FFXI has an interesting system, and I would love a return to EQ or EVE(please play Gallente or Minmatar, though)

Originally posted by altairzq

Originally posted by Crispin

Alganon released yesterday and is a small indie game that looks very much and feels very much like wow, even more than runes of magic. Great community though.

Eve would be my least favorite, I have played it a few months this year and it's like a second game I have on my second monitor that I click on once in a while. It starts out very slow, and running missions is very boring, it takes a while, and only requires you to click a few times, and watch your ship fire, and usually you are so powerful t hat you can just sit in one spot and click fire and your done. I never felt it was useful or very necessary to group in missions because they are so easy and mundane, maybe at lvl 4 missions it could be handy. It's not a bad game at all, but it takes a while to get going, and the first month is better spent only training learning skills, or you will lag behind a lot. The game feels very slow paced and I think it would take too long for us to get into, and a lot of people would fall off. And I don't think the game encourage grouping early on, well mining missions is handy to be grouping, and going to 0.0 space to pvp, but that takes months to prepare for.

My experience at least, I could very well be doing it wrong.

I have the same experience with EVE, but that's doing missions alone, it's the most boring thing, but starting as a group and learning to combat between us, for instance, and doing missions together could be a blast. And it's a game to play for years to come.

About the name.. these are anagrams form Adventure, some are funny, like Evader Nut, Evade Turn, Avert Dune, Raven Duet... :

Adventure

A Ventured

Ad Venture

Averted Nu

Evader Tun

Evader Nut

Evade Runt

Evade Turn

Unread Vet

Vaunted Re

Advent Rue

Raved Tune

Tundra Eve

Daunt Ever

Daunt Veer

Dart Venue

Drat Venue

Earn Duvet

Near Duvet

Tavern Due

Raven Duet

Nave Trued

Vane Trued

Avert Dune

Avert Nude

Aver Tuned

Rave Tuned

Vaunt Reed

Vaunt Deer

Tau Nerved

Tau Vender

Vat Enured

Vat Endure

Loved this.

Originally posted by nate1980

Originally posted by Patternizer

Oh, as for my votes for your given list. I vote for game number:

I believe the idea is for each to vote for 3-4 games ....

Yeah, I seen that later. I usually reply 1st to the OP, then I read the thread and get involved with the discussion.

ATTN OP:

My revised list of top 5 choices, in no particular order, are:

Asherons Call

Vanguard

EQ

Saga of Ryzom

DAoC

Ok, I forgot about DAoC when I voted....so....Ryzom, DAoC, Vanguard, EQ, EVE, FFXI.....I don't quite remember what Istaria is, but that it seemed cool, so it's a step above FFXI.  If I can only have fewer votes, these are in order.

Gorone is a fictional organization in a book I'm trying to write. Goronian is just any member of said organization. And since the games ar enot set in Cascade, I doubt it would be a good idea. Also, I'm not that much of an ego trip.

Thefivemagik,Mannish,Magnum2103, Ramones274, welcome to the team!

Then why not Gorone or Goronians?  Sounds amusing enough.

Originally posted by garbonzo

What do you guys say, we use some non-offensive foreign word, as a guild name? For example russian Iskateli (Seekers)?

Like it.

ditto

Originally posted by Alamor0

Originally posted by Alamor0

As for a name, I'm completely stumped.  Using a 'foreign' (earlier definition of foreign duly noted :P ) word seems cliche.  I'm huge into wordplay.  I'll rack my brain some and hope something comes of it.  I'd love to work in the seeker/adventurer theme with the mmorpg.com throwback.

Okay, let's work with Adventurers or Seekers as the second word. As for the first word:

website>site>forums = Forumite Seekers ?

MMO Veterans, Refugees. Refugees could be called Aliens. Forum Warriors (lol, no)

Seeker can be called Hunter's. Someone who hunts for a new home is?

That should get the juices flowing. Too late for me, or I'd continue.

I'd prefer a name without the words "MMORPG" or "forum", if only to be able to RP with myself.

Massy6969, welcome to the team!

I 100% agree. I'm a roleplayer at heart, myself.

What do you think of Genesis? It's a new beginning for us all. Seems like a good name.

Genesis works for me.  I think we should have something added to it to make it more unique and also avoid the fact that that guild name is probably taken in every MMO in existence. :P

Don't suppose anyone knows the Sumerian or Akkadian word for Genesis or Beginning, eh?

Originally posted by Crispin

I'm a bit disappointed that almost nobody wants to try Istaria, it seems to have a few unique things, but the game seems almost like everything but dead :( Anyways, really looking forward to this, it's been a while since I was this excited. 

Problem is, no one really knows much about Istaria, y'see?

I share your emotions, buddy.

Hmmmm....if none of us really know a lot about Istaria, that just kinda makes it seem more interesting idea to explore as a group imo.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986

Summerian 'begining' could be 'apsu' or 'surru'

http://www.ping.de/sites/systemcoder/necro/info/sumerian.htm gives 'apsu' but the page does not seem that authentic.

For more authenticity use: http://psd.museum.upenn.edu/epsd/index.html 'To begin' is 'surru'.

Originally posted by Scot

Summerian 'begining' could be 'apsu' or 'surru'
    http://www.ping.de/sites/systemcoder/necro/info/sumerian.htm gives 'apsu' but the page does not seem that authentic.
    For more authenticity use: http://psd.museum.upenn.edu/epsd/index.html 'To begin' is 'surru'.

What about again or anew?....possibly perpetually or eternally or forever...let's see what they have here....Hur is ever or ever again.  Ever beginning or Ever again beginning.  I'm still only on page 28 of 37, sorry for replying while catching up, guys.

Originally posted by CactusmanX

Originally posted by CactusmanX

I like the concept I am not so keen on the game choices though, I haven't played Everquest II or Vangaurd but I have played Eve, Pyzom and Final Fantsy XI and didn't like those games much, especially not enough to play them again.

What would you recommend, then?

Games I have not tried but may want to

Dungeons and Dragons Online

Lord of the Rings Online

Asheron's Call 1 or 2

EverQuest II

Vanguard

Istaria

Games I have played and liked

City of Heroes/Villians

DAoC

WAR

AO

So really any of these would be good.

To anybody that is interested in playing DDO, I'm on Khyber server as: Jarn, Brottern, Lariad, and Geremiah.  Also have a very inactive guild I made called the Potato Bandits

• Luciego95Luciego95 Member Posts: 1

I love the idea and would be interested . I find some games interesting, some not.

• SokloSoklo Member UncommonPosts: 1

Please count me in.  I have been in a gaming rut lately and am looking for something just like this to get me interested again.

Thanks for getting this idea going, sounds fun.

Soklo

• GeekDadManGeekDadMan Member UncommonPosts: 121

I'm signed up on the site. I have the username Mithryn? on there from previous endeavors.

• KorrowanKorrowan Member Posts: 60

Just stumbled upon this thread and this is an amazing idea.  I have been away from MMOs since I left WoW for the like the 4th time lol.  I know Free to play games have a negative appeal but Allods online is a lot of fun.  I got into CB 2 and have played like 10 hours or so and have been quite impressed.  Other games that I had a ton of fun playing are Vanguard (once people started leaving IE my guild I left too), EQII, AoC (too bad once you hit max level you had nothing to do or it would have been cool).  I have played lots of others but the adventure and the group play with a static group is what pushed me away from MMOs ... why play a MMO if you have no intention of interacting?  That is my question to the wow folks lol.

• MithiosMithios Member Posts: 271

I would strongly consider EQ or DAOC again if I knew that there would always be others on that I knew and enjoyed grouping with.

A tiny mind is a tidy mind...

• rustybh1rustybh1 Member UncommonPosts: 2

Just registered - username same as here, looking forward to something 'new'!!

• marcuscole92marcuscole92 Member Posts: 2

I'd definitely be interested in this endeavor as well, depending on which game we select.

My list of MMO's for us to consider would be:

Current Games.

1. EverQuest II
    2. Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    3. EVE Online
    4. Warhammer Online

Upcoming Games:

1. Star Trek Online
    2. Star Wars: The Old Republic

Marcus