Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage2 or Shaiya?

MajesticoMajestico Member UncommonPosts: 481

Simply put, I have been thinking of going back to L2.  However, I saw this game, and played it for a couple of hours.  It struck as being remarkably similar to L2.

So my question goes out to all experienced players of both of these games.  Do you think L2 is worth the very expensive sub fee £14.99 a month in UK which is almost twice WoW's and LoTrO's.  Or should I play Shaiya instead?

Can you tell me the differences in the games, and elaborate on them if you can. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• eq2jseq2js Member Posts: 94

Shaiya for RvR, and lineage 2 for better graphics, more class choices, raiding, and castle sieges. Or you could go buy vanguard, which is currently the best MMO out there.

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155
    Originally posted by eq2js

Shaiya for RvR, and lineage 2 for better graphics, more class choices, raiding, and castle sieges. Or you could go buy vanguard, which is currently the best MMO out there.

Haha you got no idea what you are talking about ...

• ClaesClaes Member CommonPosts: 265
    Originally posted by patrikd23

Originally posted by eq2js

Haha you got no idea what you are talking about ...

Elaborate please :)

• VoltureXVoltureX Member UncommonPosts: 13

Indeed eq2js it's time Vanguard gets some positive thoughts. It's in a state now where no else games can compete ;)

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by Majestico

Simply put, I have been thinking of going back to L2.  However, I saw this game, and played it for a couple of hours.  It struck as being remarkably similar to L2.
    So my question goes out to all experienced players of both of these games.  Do you think L2 is worth the very expensive sub fee £14.99 a month in UK which is almost twice WoW's and LoTrO's.  Or should I play Shaiya instead?
    Can you tell me the differences in the games, and elaborate on them if you can. Thanks in advance.

Well, personally...

If you're going to play a game modeled after Lineage 2, I say play Lineage 2.

It's a more mature game (in terms of its age, amount of content, etc), has plenty of gameplay in it and they've made changes over the past months, through the Gracia updates, that has really brought it "down to earth" for newer players. Getting 1-60 is pretty darn fast now, armor is easier to get up to A-grade thanks to "Common" drops, xp is faster, "newbie buffs" are avail up to 60, etc. etc. And the clan/ally PvP, "wartag hunting", castle and fortress sieges and so forth are a blast.

Also, for me, I prefer a game without a cash shop any day. Shaiya is a F2P with an item mall. Lineage 2 is a sub-based MMO without an item mall.  As such, everything you need in L2 is available entirely through in-game means.

Don't let anyone tell you you have to bot or buy money to succeed... You don't. Just use your head, do some research, learn the market and apply one or two different techniques to make money, set goals, be patient, and you'll be fine. There are myriad ways to make money in the game, from low-risk ways like "flipping" seal stones for Ancient Adena, up to high-risk ways like crafting and over-enchanting expensive armor or weapons for high profit, and several other ways in-between. Learning ways to make money is part of playing the game. The people who say "you have to buy money if you want to compete" are those who want everything "now", don't want to work/wait for it and simply buy their way through the game instead of playing. Don't listen to them. Not only is buying your way through undermining the game itself, but it's a hell of a lot more satisfying to look at that top-end gear on your character and knowing that *you* earned it yourself.

Botting is present in the game, but frankly, it's only a problem if you let it be. In all my time playing I've been aware of the presence of bots. It's been annoying many times, I won't lie. However, it's never prevented me from playing the game. Find a good clan with good people, get involved, and you'll do fine.

My two cents.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• M1nas-z3uM1nas-z3u Member Posts: 23

L2 RULZZZ....

Shaiya is just a copy!... well these are my personal toughts 

• Nahack789Nahack789 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Shaiya is better, better graphics thousands of gears and weapons and hundreds of skills and more detailed...