Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rifleman build?

WilliacWilliac Member Posts: 212

Heya FE players!

I'm currently making my way through the trial, an the game is so great that i plan on buying it when my time expires! 

But i could use some help/info on some matters.

If i want to increase the weight capacity in my backpack, is strenght the only way to do so?

I've already begun making myself better at rifles, but would also like to be good at crafting. I'm following the suggested rifleman build where the main skills are Rifle, Armor, and Dodge. The stats are Coordination, dexterity, endurance, and perception. I've already used some points in strenght in order to increase the wieght capacity. The suggested build (skills) for crafters are Armor, Dodge, and Melee... It's only the melee skill that differs from the Rifleman build, so i don't see it as a problem. It is the stats that I'm a little confused about. It suggests that i go Strenght, Perception, Intelligence, and coordination. My question is, will I be able to make a hybrid that suits my wish? A good crafter/rifleman. How can i make myself a better crafter without crashing my combat?

I'm sorry if i have confused you. FE is packed with options and I've yet to understand them all!

Thanks for your help and time!

Cheers!

Comments

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

It's a delicate balancing act as you level. It's really hard to figure out exactly what to do each level with APs unless you map out your spending on a level by level basis. I'm basically playing it by ear and trying to keep my main skills maxed via only using APs in skills and not stats, and only putting APs into Int/Perc for crafting skills to occasionally get over humps. I highly recommend taking a look at the Character Planner over at Globaltech Atlas. http://www.globaltechplanner.info/ ... It's certainly doable if you are fairly careful with distributing APs as you level and you try and get all the AP missions done in S1. I am leveling my main as a Rifleman Craftsman as well and so far so good...

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• comerbcomerb Member UncommonPosts: 944

I wouldn't put points into Strength as a rifleman/crafter.  Make good use of your horse/vehicle and its a non-issue. You should put those points in Intelligence so you can cap your crafting.

Max: Int, Dex, Con, End, Per... 

Max: Rifles, Armor Use, and Dodge

That will leave you with enough points left to max out 2 mutation lines with a moderate amount of AP missions. 

Link

Naturally you can choose any mutations you want.

*edited for ridiculous typos, it was late and I was playing around with Voice recognition.

• FanboiSprayFanboiSpray Member Posts: 15

JUST PUT EVERYTING INTO MELEE AND U WILL PWN 

• drago_pldrago_pl Member Posts: 384

Originally posted by comerb
    I wouldn't put points into Strength as a rifleman/crafter.  Make good use of your house/vehicle and its a non-issue. You should put those points in Intelligence so you can cap your armor use.
    Max: Int, Dex, Con, End, Per... 
    Max: Rifles, Armor Use, and Dodge
    That will leave you with enough points left to max out 2 mutation lines with a moderate amount of AP missions. 

Link
    Naturally you can choose any mutations you want.

Using same build but I choose different mutations (Vista/Chota). It's best choice for rifle/crafter. If you are low level and put some AP in STR then reroll. If you don't want to reroll then pray for some respec anytime soon. AP points put into STR on Rifle build are points wasted.

• WilliacWilliac Member Posts: 212

I have only used 10-15 AP in strength.. Is that really gonna kill my character?

And does my faction determine whether or not i get better crafting recipes? I was thinking of going Enforcer for RP reasons, but it's not of vital importance. I'd rather have a nice chance with crafting while i excel with the rifle.

• drago_pldrago_pl Member Posts: 384

As for now there is only 1 recipe per faction. It produces end game faction gear but not really worth it. Expect some other unique recipes added in expansions. A lot of people want it.

Icarus said something about respecs but we really don't know more besides it will be time consuming and expensive. If you plan on maxing your bonus AP from missions then I wouldn't bother with that 10-15 AP points spent. Check out this link if you want to focus on getting most of AP from game:
    http://www.globaltechatlas.info/2009/09/sector-1-ap-missions.html

Choosing Enforcers will give you ability to use some special faction only skills. Enforcers have some for rifle users but Vista one is better. Too many people playing enforcers/tech so join the cool anarchists side ;)

If you have some more questions hit me today ingame. Will be online in about 6h. Toon name is Kossako.