Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

coming back, but...

JaldrenJaldren Member UncommonPosts: 363

have some questions, if you dont mind...

1) after 4 years, is it still kicking hard?

2) on what server is the spanish community / biggest spanish guild? still crushbone?

3) how easy is to group? (thinking to make a mezzer, group needed)

4) how soloable is the game?

5) please compare the time it takes to reach max level with another major game

6) how much % is grind-based due to lack of content (quests, instances...)

7) need to buy every single epnaion to enjoy the game from the first day?

8) crafting worth the time/cash, compared to mid-high end loot?

thanks to everyone and hope to see you in-game ^^

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Hi Jaldren, I see you made the same exact post on the Vanguard board, Thats cool, in fact I'm trying to make almost the same decision as you in about 2 weeks, I'm undecided

Vanguard - I love the game, but the population is way too low for me, and with the "requires three or more player" quest that haunt the zones after level 20, makes it almost impossible for me to come back at this time.

EQ2 - Also love the game, and this was gonna be my choice, But ( read the next line )

WoW - Love the game but burnt out from it. HOWEVER, WoW will be releasing the 3.3 patch within the next few weeks, and It will be changing the game a lot for the better :

1) looking for groups to do dungeons will be across all servers, making finding groups super easy, then the groups will be instantly transported their. BUT you must use the LFG pannal for it to work !

2) starting at level 1 all classes that use manna will now receive a major manna boost up to level 15, making classes like priest easer to solo.

3) and a lot more ( 9 pages of changes )

So I hate to say it, but I guess I'll go back to WoW for now, then EQ2 or Vanguard, when I can't take WoW anymore.

• kariannekarianne Member Posts: 30

1. The game is still fine, but most of the population is clustered at level 80. So the population may be very sparse at lower levels unless you find a well populated guild with lots of alts.

2. I have no idea about the spanish community.

3. At level 80 I usually go anon so I don't get tells from groups that I don't know. However at lower levels some people complain about the lack of groups. See #1.

4. The game is very soloable for all classes from 1-80.

5. Not sure how long it takes to level, but they changed to xp curve so it is a lot faster than it used to be. Personally i consider this a bad thing, but it was done to make it easier for new/returning people to get to the level cap.

6. There are thousands of quests, it is impossible to do all the quests before reaching level cap unless you have your xp turned off.

7. I would recommend TSO, which includes all previous expansions because it gives you some good AA lines. The actual content won't be used until higher levels.

8. Mastercrafted gear is good to level up but once at cap the shard gear is far superior.

• ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

oh ignore the number 7 they tell you to buy. Just buy the Complete Edition, came out last month and it is only i think $19.99

3) Play what you like, and will enjoy if your going to be a end game raider and a hardcore player that raids like 3-4 hours a day. (as long as you a good except being a tank you will be able to get spots in groups/raids) Yes it is true mezzers are needed in groups and extremely easy to get groups with but, 90% of the people that play them don't enjoy it and end up re-rolling because the other classes in EQ2 are just so "exciting" .

4) You can solo the game to cap in a bout 2-3 weeks if you have previous experience in EQ2.

5) Identical to WoW when you have someone rushing you none stop in WoW.

6) This really depends on you, I am a AA addict, so my alts usually end up being level 12 with like 40-50AAs. Grinding AAs take up ALOT of time if you want to keep your level locked.

8) Personally crafting system rocks but the stuff you craft is worthless in my opinion =(. Gears you recieve from quest or dungeons after 75+ are usually not always but usually better than the best crap you can craft. (PERSONALLY HATE CRAFTING but this is the only game I actually tried to craft in because it is fun, and it is more of a hobby/and time waster)

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Originally posted by Jaldren

1) after 4 years, is it still kicking hard?
    2) on what server is the spanish community / biggest spanish guild? still crushbone?
    3) how easy is to group? (thinking to make a mezzer, group needed)
    4) how soloable is the game?
    5) please compare the time it takes to reach max level with another major game
    6) how much % is grind-based due to lack of content (quests, instances...)
    7) need to buy every single epnaion to enjoy the game from the first day?

thanks to everyone and hope to see you in-game ^^

1. Yes.

2. Who knows. Its not important anyway. Online, people just turn into people instead of "lets separate ourselves by culture".

3. Easy enough if you're in a guild. But most people don't group in any game.

4. Very. You can solo all the way up if you want, but if you only solo, you'll miss some quests (personally, I pretty much always only solo. I don't like being forced to go along with whatever the group wants to do just because the group wants to do it, and I like the ability to wander off and explore without having to consult or inconvenience anyone).

5. It took me at least 6 months, if not longer. But max level no longer matters since they added a mechanic to mentor yourself down to to a previous level.

6. Honey, thats entirely opinion and nothing to do with fact. What one person considers grinding, another will not.

7. Buy the newest expansion. It includes the original game and all expansions released since the day the game opened.

8. Yes, its worth the time. Don't focus on the end game. This game is called Everquest for a reason. The journey is the important part, the raiding is besides the point.

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by Jaldren

Maybe not at higher levels (don't really know, I've never gotten a character above the 30's), but on a well-inhabited server master-crafted armor and hex dolls sell for about a platinum on the teens and 20's. This is very nice money at that point. Master-crafted weapons don't seem to be in such demand. Looted armors in the teens to 30's generally seem to have lower protection than master-crafted, and while they may have 1 or 2 high special resists or stat bonuses, the crafted ones have a wider (if lower) selection of stats and resists.