Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want to pay for a game, but I can't find one

caalemcaalem Member UncommonPosts: 289

I've tried every MMORPG worth trying(that actually interests me) on the market I think, and they were all pretty mediocre. Can't say I enjoy Fantasy settings(Does Medieval count as fantasy now? I don't think it does.) but it's not a turnoff, like lots of different races/classes, require PvP in a game(I really wanted to like LOTRO -- but the PVMP sucks.), good crafting systems is a plus. In general, I try to avoid F2P games as their quality is awful. Maybe someone could recommend something I haven't seen? P.S. graphics are kinda important, not interested in super old graphics. And I dislike sandbox games/SCIFI

Games I've tried and didn't like and or liked for a little, but got old over the last few months:

AOC

LOTRO

WoW

WAR

TCOS

EQ2

Allods

Aion

Game I won't try, don't recommend:

DFO

So... any recommendations?

Comments

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

people will say try eve now,

and the list you showing there i cannot offer any help but single players games at the moment until something different comes along in mmo genre

• Kaisen_DexxKaisen_Dexx Member UncommonPosts: 326

So, you hate Fantasy and Sci-Fi? I think you just ruled out 90 to 99% of all MMORPGs out there right now.

Eh, you might try Fallen Earth. Some people call it sandbox, some don't, and others call it a Hybrid.

• wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506

Vanguard or DAOC maybe?

• tensspottingtensspotting Member Posts: 179
    Originally posted by caalem

Aion
    DFO

So you never played it but feel confident enough to tell everyone - DONT PLAY THIS GAME -

Good job Dave man

I recommend you Darkfall

• Hi there

Alganon has just been released.

Or Vanguard is quite good (10 day trial)

Or Pirates of the burning sea, which is different and fantastic (14 day day trial)

Or as per above Eve rocks - steep learning curve, but worth it.

Single player I would go for Dragon Age

• TheShimmersTheShimmers Member Posts: 76

There is always City of Heroes you could try. Not much in the way of crafting but it's pretty nifty playing it for the first time. There is a free trial for it also. If that is to old you could try Champions Online, but I don't believe there is a trial for it. Good luck on your search =)

• caalemcaalem Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Originally posted by tensspotting

Aion
    DFO

So you never played it but feel confident enough to tell everyone - DONT PLAY THIS GAME -

Good job Dave man

I recommend you Darkfall

Obvious illiterate is quite obvious.

• SignusMSignusM Member Posts: 2,225
    Originally posted by tensspotting

Aion
    DFO

Good job Dave man

I recommend you Darkfall

He doesn't like sandbox games though, or fantasy games, but all the other things he likes are there. Strange, really I can't think of ANYTHING he'd like, maybe dig back to older(better) MMOs (though he is a graphics stickler too)

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

I've tried every MMORPG worth trying(that actually interests me) on the market I think, and they were all pretty mediocre. Can't say I enjoy Fantasy settings(Does Medieval count as fantasy now? I don't think it does.) but it's not a turnoff, like lots of different races/classes, require PvP in a game(I really wanted to like LOTRO -- but the PVMP sucks.), good crafting systems is a plus. In general, I try to avoid F2P games as their quality is awful. Maybe someone could recommend something I haven't seen? P.S. graphics are kinda important, not interested in super old graphics. And I dislike sandbox games/SCIFI

Games I've tried and didn't like and or liked for a little, but got old over the last few months:

AOC
    LOTRO
    WoW
    WAR
    TCOS
    EQ2
    Allods
    Aion
    DFO

I was going to help you out until I read the unnecessary Darkfall comment. This comment also displayed that you have a closed mind. You said so yourself...."I won't try, don't recommend." How the hell do you not recommend something that you simply refuse to try. Good luck, lol.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

Originally posted by Kaisen_Dexx

So, you hate Fantasy and Sci-Fi? I think you just ruled out 90 to 99% of all MMORPGs out there right now.

Eh, you might try Fallen Earth. Some people call it sandbox, some don't, and others call it a Hybrid.

No, I said I prefer medieval(or low fantasy) over (high)fantasy, but I can stomach (high)fantasy.

Originally posted by Cecropia

AOC
    LOTRO
    WoW
    WAR
    TCOS
    EQ2
    Allods
    Aion
    DFO

I was going to help you out until I read the unnecessary Darkfall comment. This comment also displayed that you have a closed mind. You said so yourself...."I won't try, don't recommend." How the hell do you not recommend something that you simply refuse to try. Good luck, lol.

I'm not going to try it because it's a sandbox( I hate sandboxes) made by an indie company with terrible reputation and a quite obvious childish community.

• Kaisen_DexxKaisen_Dexx Member UncommonPosts: 326

AOC
    LOTRO
    WoW
    WAR
    TCOS
    EQ2
    Allods
    Aion
    DFO

I believe he was saying, don't bother recommending Darkfall. As opposed to "I don't Recommend Darkfall"

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by Kaisen_Dexx

I believe he was saying, don't bother recommending Darkfall. As opposed to "I don't Recommend Darkfall"

Ahh, my bad. My apologies OP.

Does anyone know who has the Douchebag hat? It's my turn to wear it.

Bye.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• tensspottingtensspotting Member Posts: 179

AOC
    LOTRO
    WoW
    WAR
    TCOS
    EQ2
    Allods
    Aion
    DFO

Exactly.

And the illiterate comment? lol what a scrub

• JazqaJazqa Member Posts: 465

You may want to try out Vanguard if it little lack of players don't bother you.

• DiekfooDiekfoo Member Posts: 583

Sure you have checked out this one ...

www.youtube.com/watch 

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

AOC
    LOTRO
    WoW
    WAR
    TCOS
    EQ2
    Allods
    Aion
    DFO

In all honesty, I'd suggest that mmorpg's are not for you. You have tried or shunned the better of themepark and sandboxy, pve-centric and pvp-centric.  Find another hobby or outlet of casual entertainment, especially if you try eve and dont appreciate that either. Aside from that go find a fps board and look there.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

I'd seriously suggest playing a normal multiplayer game, or a single player game, there's clearly no MMO you would like.

But if you really must play MMO, try out City of Heroes or some other superhero MMO. It's the only genre wich doesn't fit into any of your dislike categories.

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

AOC
    LOTRO
    WoW
    WAR
    TCOS
    EQ2
    Allods
    Aion
    DFO

In all honesty, I'd suggest that mmorpg's are not for you. You have tried or shunned the better of themepark and sandboxy, pve-centric and pvp-centric.  Find another hobby or outlet of casual entertainment, especially if you try eve and dont appreciate that either. Aside from that go find a fps board and look there.

Yea, I'll probably pick up assassin's creed 2. Kinda sad, since I've been playing MMORPGs since before UO was even released. All the "major" games on the market atm feel like the same exact game.

• shalldoomshalldoom Member UncommonPosts: 106

Give Guild Wars a try.

• SharessSharess Member UncommonPosts: 293

What DIDN'T you like about EQ2 and Aion?

Vanguard DOES have a free trial but holy hannah i couldnt get into that game at ALL!

I'd honestly say try another look ;aion once the patch came out the game did change a substantial bit gfrom the feel of the game at least for me. When I try again I think I will be focusing on questing vs grind out.

Sharess Dragonstar - Midgard
    Grievance is recruiting.
    Originally posted by Coolmojo123

What DIDN'T you like about EQ2 and Aion?

EQ2 was really boring(I couldn't get past level 10-ish each time I tried it out -- I just got really bored at that point) and Aions PvP was less... than good(imo).

• ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

If PvP is that important to you, I suggest you go to WoW. EQ2, Vanguard are the best PvE games i've played and you said Aion pvp was bad too so that leaves you WoW, AoC, WAR. I hated AoC but that was only from 1 month of play at release I don't know about the revamps and such. WAR I played in CB and thought the game was just not for me.

• Banhammer16Banhammer16 Member Posts: 75
    Originally posted by ozerinx

If PvP is that important to you, I suggest you go to WoW. EQ2, Vanguard are the best PvE games i've played and you said Aion pvp was bad too so that leaves you WoW, AoC, WAR. I hated AoC but that was only from 1 month of play at release I don't know about the revamps and such. WAR I played in CB and thought the game was just not for me.

lmaooo! WoW for PVP? Its 3 second battle scenes at level 80. Its best function is its PVE content even though i dislike it, I will admit it has some of the best on the market today.

• slessmanslessman Member Posts: 181

I have a game for you to try. Ryzom has great aspects that you would enjoy. The crafting is a concern of yours and is a major part of the Ryzom game. You can even try this out for 21 days to see if you could get into it. Happy hunting!

www.ryzom.com