Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mythos: Is Reborn! Updated Site Launched, Trailer Released!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

In an announcement released today we've learned that Redbana US will be publishing Mythos in North America. Coinciding with today's announcement is news that the team behind Mythos has also launched an updated teaser site featuring a new teaser trailer, a calendar of upcoming announcements, and an animated book containing the game's new lore.

Players can also register for the closed beta test, and sign up for the Mythos newsletter at the new site.

Watch the new trailer here!

Also, be sure to check out our interview with Redbana US on the resurrection of Mythos.

Comments

• Demz2Demz2 Member Posts: 435

Damit i got to sign up for a beta I was part of for 1.5 years, again?

• EuphorykEuphoryk Member Posts: 450
    Originally posted by Demz2

Damit i got to sign up for a beta I was part of for 1.5 years, again?

Why wouldn't you? the game is run by a completely different company now, having to sign up again is not a big deal at all.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Redbana has done with the game, I was invited during the first wave/phase1 of the original Mythos closed beta and tested right up to the point that the game went the wayside. So I have as much experience with the previous incarnation as is humanly possible.

Should be fun, hopefully they start testing relatively soon'ish.

• ghop84ghop84 Member Posts: 3

mythos is back baby! torchlight can suck it! f yeah!

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by ghop84

mythos is back baby! torchlight can suck it! f yeah!

Irony.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

It looks like some people has given the source code of the game AND THE WEBSITE to some amateurs, that are tryiing something half-assed. But wrong and weird is good wen all we get is seen one billion times, and the core of the game is good. So this is interesting in a "I will not give my credit card details to this dudes" kind of way. 

Lets wait, and hope.

• bacaloubacabacaloubaca Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by Teiman

It looks like some people has given the source code of the game AND THE WEBSITE to some amateurs, that are tryiing something half-assed. But wrong and weird is good wen all we get is seen one billion times, and the core of the game is good. So this is interesting in a "I will not give my credit card details to this dudes" kind of way. 
    Lets wait, and hope.

Yes, because how a game website looks is 100% indicitive of how good the game is...

Playing: DDO, LOTRO, UO
    Favorites: UO, DAoC, Asheron's Call
    Waiting For: Nothing

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

yawn, just another WOW clone.

/ducks 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Originally posted by bacaloubaca

Lets wait, and hope.

Yes, because how a game website looks is 100% indicitive of how good the game is...

Its internet company trying to sell a product trough their website. And they dont have a good designer for web site.

What makes you think they have one for the game ?

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

Originally posted by bacaloubaca

Lets wait, and hope.

Its internet company trying to sell a product trough their website. And they dont have a good designer for web site.

What makes you think they have one for the game ?

The game was already completed, by another group of developers?

I just wish to point out, the irony of the poster way above, and something that i think most here do not seem to realize.

Mythos and Torchlight were made by the same group of people.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Redbana, Hanbitsoft and their parent company T3 are a huge games corporation in Korea, Mythos may be in different hands, but it hasn't been passed over to amatuers.

It is however, now an MMO, not a single player romp.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by bobfish

Redbana, Hanbitsoft and their parent company T3 are a huge games corporation in Korea, Mythos may be in different hands, but it hasn't been passed over to amatuers.
    It is however, now an MMO, not a single player romp.

Mythos wasn't single player before when I was in the beta EITHER. So far as I know....Mythos was ALWAYS an MMO. I think perhaps you're confusing it with Torchlight, which IS a single player. And....not surprisingly, they look very similar, being the same people worked on both.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• 133794m3r133794m3r Member Posts: 173
    Originally posted by Kyleran

yawn, just another WOW clone.
    /ducks 

How else would the game be? It was made by ex blizzard people. If you helped make old blizzard games. If you worked on the games then you tend to design like them. I mean it's like saying that Aion is a Lineage 2 clone. How is this different than the others? Aion to me atleast seems to play a bit like Lineage 2 w/o PnC only controls from what i've seen. Sure graphics are a bit better but they're about the same quality to me atleast.