Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Happened To "One Update Per Week"?

DevourDevour Member Posts: 902

I mean, even when it was measly, shitty updates it was fine, but then they moved on to "it may not be on Mondays at all" and now to, "Well, maybe not one update a week, but you'll get one every two!"

Another sign Runescape is quickly going downhill. *thumbs up*

Comments

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

Well, I have an answer to this. Jagex is on a budget. They are working on Stellar Dawn. Since SD is going to be at-par with RS, MMG made a desicion to "fast-track" the game thus resulting in the decline of updates/mediocre content. RS's downhill drive may also be attributed to the increase of browser based MMORPG games and browser based breakthroughs like Earth Eternal. The thing that suprises me the most is that Runescape Fanboys are getting more and more blantant and aggressive as time goes by. They are openly attacking the EE forums, the tibia forums and countless critic sites across the net. Their slogan is "Runescape deserves to have the highest score in the  MMORPG industry." 

• DevourDevour Member Posts: 902
    Originally posted by Blissey

Well, I have an answer to this. Jagex is on a budget. They are working on Stellar Dawn. Since SD is going to be at-par with RS, MMG made a desicion to "fast-track" the game thus resulting in the decline of updates/mediocre content. RS's downhill drive may also be attributed to the increase of browser based MMORPG games and browser based breakthroughs like Earth Eternal. The thing that suprises me the most is that Runescape Fanboys are getting more and more blantant and aggressive as time goes by. They are openly attacking the EE forums, the tibia forums and countless critic sites across the net. Their slogan is "Runescape deserves to have the highest score in the  MMORPG industry." 

I would've agreed with them a few years ago. Paul and Andrew's RIDICULOUSLY hard work on the game made it deserving of being a very decent internet game, but then they decided to kiddify it, in the process losing lots of subscribers and not gaining many little kids.

Lesson learnt from SOE: Never alienate your key playerbase if you cannot guarantee a new one.

• DjfusionDjfusion Member Posts: 186

To tell you the truth, they didn't have to kiddify it because there were ALWAYS a ton of kids playing it. Simply because it was free and didn't have to download it. It was enjoyable back then, its just as enjoyable now. Same content from before with added things. Either you can sit around and complain about "kiddifying" a game or you can just get the hell over yourself and find a game you enjoy...jesus.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359
    Originally posted by Djfusion

To tell you the truth, they didn't have to kiddify it because there were ALWAYS a ton of kids playing it. Simply because it was free and didn't have to download it. It was enjoyable back then, its just as enjoyable now. Same content from before with added things. Either you can sit around and complain about "kiddifying" a game or you can just get the hell over yourself and find a game you enjoy...jesus.

Kids playing a game and making a games target audience children are two entirely different things.  They chose to make key changes to the game that removed core content. It is not just as enjoyable to play as it used to be due to what exactly was removed. The best thing about Runescape was the freedoms it offered, once they removed those freedoms, it has little to offer. The end game was ripped to shreds, there is no point in gaining levels because there are no rewards for doing so. The economy is completely out of whack due to the supply and demand being broken, the combat system is broken, the skill system is broken, and they have only made that worse not better.

Players should voice their likes and dislikes about games so that developers in the gaming community can better understand what players enjoy. If you dislike something about a game please voice your opinion, so that some day developers can correct these mistakes, and bring us better games. Failing to voice likes and dislikes encourages developers to continue serving up poo on a platter rather than a quality enjoyable game.

• drevilmandrevilman Member Posts: 2

i agree runescape is going downhill ever since the made that huge graphic update. mainly the game was a good idea but the players were what destroyed it.

• Palo_godPalo_god Member UncommonPosts: 171
    Originally posted by drevilman

i agree runescape is going downhill ever since the made that huge graphic update. mainly the game was a good idea but the players were what destroyed it.

Jagex destroyed the game with their updates. Jagex also ruined the community by trying to appeal to children and by advertising on children sites.