Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Praise for Runes of Magic

giantsquidgiantsquid Runes of Magic CorrespondentMember Posts: 118

“Truly, Chapter 2: The Elven Prophecy is an expansion that lives up to the amazing standards of Runes of Magic, offering players an amazing array of entertainment, at no cost at all!”

mmosite.com on 16 October 2009

“I'd definitely recommend Runes of Magic to any MMORPG fan out there.”

mpogd.com on 28 August 2009

“With updates to the graphics, a new race, some awesome new enemies to kill, elite skills […] and the massive add-ons coming with Chapter 2 – are going to only further cement “Runes of Magic's” hold on the title of Best Traditional Free-to-Play MMORPG.”

mmohub.org on 03 June 2009

“Runes of Magic: The Elven Prophecy [...] conquers the number one slot one more time among the free2play MMORPGs.“

Ingame.de on 21 October 2009

“With Chapter II, Runes of Magic is the undisputed free2play MMORPG king.”

Next2games.de on 24 September 2009

Comments

• avediasavedias Member Posts: 118

"This game sucks." avedias on 29 November 2009

• CadexnCadexn Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Originally posted by avedias

"This game sucks." avedias on 29 November 2009

The thread is called "Praise(s) for Runes of magic)

YOU DOES NOT BELONG!

• VPgearchinVPgearchin Member Posts: 168

great  game but CS ruins the game.

• avediasavedias Member Posts: 118

eh, realize i was kinda being a jerk but it was just asking for it! couldn't miss the opportunity.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by siphrdamon

It is not a "Great GAME" but it does have a cool customization system for gear.YES the Cash shop is the MAJOR fault here,They have not left one area of the game alone,the entire game is cash shop ridden,that is a real lame design to try and rape your player base that badly.

The game is so much about the money aspect that bugs are put in the back burner,but i guarantee the cash shop is advertised non stop,they will make sure that CS is ALWAYS in working order.You can name ANYTHING in the game and yes it will be attached to the item mall.Most people accept non sequential things from item mall,not the case,as a matter of fact PVP is directly related to money spent,again VERY L:AME design.

The MAJOR flaw with the game is that Frogster who is "suppose" to be in charge of the NA version,is nothing more than a messenger,NOTHING gets fixed w/o first consulting the Taiwan developer.Hoping that Frogster passes on your complaints or fixes is like pulling teeth,they try harder to dis credit you than to fix the problems.

As for design and content it is a real cheap version of WOW.All you do the entire game is quest to level up,that is it that is all,ABSOLUTELY nothing else.When you run out of quests you do dailies again super cheap super boring.Night hours the servers are completely dead,even at peak hours there is not many players,i would say the game is lucky to survive,hence why they push the item mall so much.

Just on the basis of how they operate the Item mall and their lack of management ,i would not touch this game.I would say Frogster will be out of the mix whenever their contract is up,if this game survives.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• VPgearchinVPgearchin Member Posts: 168
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Originally posted by siphrdamon

It is not a "Great GAME" but it does have a cool customization system for gear.YES the Cash shop is the MAJOR fault here,They have not left one area of the game alone,the entire game is cash shop ridden,that is a real lame design to try and rape your player base that badly.

The game is so much about the money aspect that bugs are put in the back burner,but i guarantee the cash shop is advertised non stop,they will make sure that CS is ALWAYS in working order.You can name ANYTHING in the game and yes it will be attached to the item mall.Most people accept non sequential things from item mall,not the case,as a matter of fact PVP is directly related to money spent,again VERY L:AME design.

The MAJOR flaw with the game is that Frogster who is "suppose" to be in charge of the NA version,is nothing more than a messenger,NOTHING gets fixed w/o first consulting the Taiwan developer.Hoping that Frogster passes on your complaints or fixes is like pulling teeth,they try harder to dis credit you than to fix the problems.

As for design and content it is a real cheap version of WOW.All you do the entire game is quest to level up,that is it that is all,ABSOLUTELY nothing else.When you run out of quests you do dailies again super cheap super boring.Night hours the servers are completely dead,even at peak hours there is not many players,i would say the game is lucky to survive,hence why they push the item mall so much.

Just on the basis of how they operate the Item mall and their lack of management ,i would not touch this game.I would say Frogster will be out of the mix whenever their contract is up,if this game survives.

i completely agree man, i liked this game before i realized how much money i had to invest on DIAMONDS!, they drop in game but they are so rare. I liked the look but it just doesnt have the appeal, this is a stop in everytime your wow sub runs out game. I was into it for a few months, but like i said the Cs ruins this game big time!.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by giantsquid

“Truly, Chapter 2: The Elven Prophecy is an expansion that lives up to the amazing standards of Runes of Magic, offering players an amazing array of entertainment, at no cost at all!”

mmosite.com on 16 October 2009
    “I'd definitely recommend Runes of Magic to any MMORPG fan out there.”

mpogd.com on 28 August 2009
    “With updates to the graphics, a new race, some awesome new enemies to kill, elite skills […] and the massive add-ons coming with Chapter 2 – are going to only further cement “Runes of Magic's” hold on the title of Best Traditional Free-to-Play MMORPG.”

mmohub.org on 03 June 2009
    “Runes of Magic: The Elven Prophecy [...] conquers the number one slot one more time among the free2play MMORPGs.“

Ingame.de on 21 October 2009
    “With Chapter II, Runes of Magic is the undisputed free2play MMORPG king.”

Next2games.de on 24 September 2009

LOL the expansion is an utter joke,not sure if these sites actually played the game or are paid sponsors.

The expansion had ONLY one starter zone after that the game reverts back to the zones ,everyone has already played.It is not until almost end level 55 that you get a bit of new content and that content is strictly raid content.The mesh used in the Xpac are used over and over,very little effort was put into this expansion,they might fool dummies ,but i know what i am looking at.SEVERAL areas in the entire game look forgotten or unfinished,witch is why i say forgotten,or they just don't care.

The 2 new classes they added were extremely cheap,not thought out whatsoever.They did not have the elites done and nicely came up with an excuse that they wanted to make sure they did them right  ..LMAO.So while you were making this expansion did you not have time to make sure it was done right?or better yet,do they not understand how their own game works to make sure it is done right.

As a matter of fact the ELITES pre expansion are a total joke,again not thought out well at all.Instead of having the feel of an ELITE ability they were at most times weaker than your normal abilities or spells,witch his why i say they were not thought out at all.Every spell and ability is used over and over across the classes,they are not very creative at all.

Because they are so inept in planning out their moves ahead of time,they chose to eliminate your choices on sub class.So certain subs cannot be used by the new Elvens,because they have no clue how to design a game properly.

Yes i am VERY knowledgeable on the entire game ,i played it a lot.The entire game is a copy of wow leveling,FFXI sub class but their implementation of everything is a real joke,they have no clue how to properly implement a sub class .

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• giantsquidgiantsquid Runes of Magic CorrespondentMember Posts: 118

Unfortunately it's hard to find a website/company that doesn't like RoM.

metacritic

Many gaming sites have even started giving RoM their own dedicated section alongside some big triple A companies.  TenTonHammer and I'd have to look up the other right now.

I think most people are just upset over micro-transaction run games.

Unfortunately, they are big business and not likely to go anywhere.  Some major sub titles already incorporate micro-transaction.

Semantics, and particulars of different games aside, micro-transaction covers an enormous scope of how business can be run.

No two games are really alike.  Given that it is so popular, it's easy to see which came first(the chicken or the egg)

In this case the chicken(Player).  Players have spoken with massive swipes of their credit cards and bank accounts.

The verdict has been in for a long time, players love micro-transaction.