Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: More Free Transfers

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Two formerly hugely popular servers will soon be added to the list of merged servers, as free transfers will be offered for both the Phoenix Throne and Dark Crag servers beginning  December 2nd.

Source and Destination details below:

Phoenix Throne will be able to transfer to either Iron Rock OR Badlands

Dark Crag will be able to transfer to either Gorfang OR Volkmar

Players will also see a bonus of 20% XP/Renown on the aforementioned destination servers during the weeks following the server transfers.

For more details read the official announcement here.

Comments

• Einstein-DFEinstein-DF Member Posts: 752

LOL at the pic you chose for the headline

• ArezonArezon Member UncommonPosts: 282

Fight the good Fight WAR lol

This game looks like a sinking ship. Too bad too. I was hoping this game would be the one. But it is plagued with faults that add up to not an enjoyable experience for me. Shame.

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056
    Originally posted by Einstein-DF

An empty wasteland. Yup, quite appropriate.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• greymanngreymann Member Posts: 757

Free transfers, how generous of them!  This dev takes the cake on most unoriginal mmo.

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

Wow. from 60 servers to 4 US servers.

But this is needed as the two low pop servers are not profitable, and to EA you know what that means. Does not matter about RP or open RvR anymore.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by Einstein-DF

;)

In all seriousness, I've wanted to get off Dark Crag for awhile. I've got a bunch of toons on it who have hoarded up Black Dyes and I hated the server. So I'll be glad to move over to Gorfang!

• nekollxnekollx Member Posts: 570
    Originally posted by Hrica

Wow. from 60 servers to 4 US servers.
    But this is needed as the two low pop servers are not profitable, and to EA you know what that means. Does not matter about RP or open RvR anymore.

A EA Rep was quoted as saying this:

"Server mergers will continue until moral inproves (and subscription numbers)"

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

~Nana Na Na hey hey hey good bye~

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

Man if this keeps up then we all will be saying good bye.

• Vagabond80Vagabond80 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by MikeB

Two formerly hugely popular servers will soon be added to the list of merged servers, as free transfers will be offered for both the Phoenix Throne and Dark Crag servers beginning  December 2nd.

Anyone else amused by this choice of words?

• VahidVahid Member UncommonPosts: 55

This is too bad.  I have been playing the free unlimited trial and I have been sort of enjoying myself.  Of course, I have been only playing for a few days but I have been having a good time.  I like the character depictions.  They realy evoke the original table top game to me.

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794
    Originally posted by Vahid

This is too bad.  I have been playing the free unlimited trial and I have been sort of enjoying myself.  Of course, I have been only playing for a few days but I have been having a good time.  I like the character depictions.  They realy evoke the original table top game to me.

Yes it is to bad. I enjoyed the fact that it did Depict the Warhammer universe well,but it was more game mechanics. And by the time they started to fix/balance things out it was kinda to late..imo. When a game makes a certain area (in this case T1) free to play, and offers free transfers OFF 2 of the bigger servers really shows where it is heading,F2P. Honestly though I DO hope that Mythic can Pick WAR back up onto its feet,but all signs are pointing in the oppisite direction. As a though I think a Warhammer Quest dungeon crawler with multi player would do better. 

• furnapsfurnaps Member UncommonPosts: 10

I Have not played warhammer since right before they introduced Crowns and stuff to get gear and I have been playing AIon but Aion is feeling alot like a watered down version of Warhammer for some reason with the exception of more crafting in Aion.

I am downloading the WAR client again and checking it out with the free 10 days With my rnk 40 Swordmaster I have missed him.

Its really a shame that WAR is not doing well at all I think people are not giving it the credit it deserves . The major flaw I think that made people quit was the lack of end game content but Aion is not much different except it has a few more Pve dungeons other then that the basic  pvp system as far as capturing fort and Objectives is very similar.

I really hate to see WAR die it was my first True MMO that I played for a long time and It had some really good ideas but seems the bad ideas were looked at more then a good.

I will admit I quit the game because when I got to RR 56 it felt like the same thing every day but now that I have played some other MMO's they feel the same it seems.